- Official EFT Tutorial
- PART I For Everyone: The EFT Tapping Basics
- Using EFT Tapping For Yourself
- Using EFT Tapping Professionally
- What is EFT? - Theory, Science and Uses
- How to do the EFT Tapping Basics - The Basic Recipe
- The EFT Constricted Breathing Technique
- Are You Satisfied With 20% of EFT's Tapping Possibilities?
- Strategies for Getting Started: Pain, Personal Peace, Physical Disease and More
- The Pros and Perils of EFT Tapping Scripts
- What can I expect from EFT Tapping?
- PART II For Everyone: Getting to the Roots of Your EFT Issues
- Intro to Part II
- Finding Aspects within the EFT Tapping Process
- Intro to Being Specific With EFT Tapping
- Testing Your EFT Tapping Work - The Triad
- Uncovering Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tell the Story Technique - The Workhorse Tapping Method
- What Should I Say During the EFT Tapping Process?
- The EFT Generalization Effect - A Big Step Toward Tapping Efficiency
- The EFT Personal Peace Procedure
- When to Use Global Approaches in the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tapping Success Strategy
- PART III - Advanced: Additional Tapping Tools & Refinements
- Intro to Part III
- The EFT Movie Technique - A Useful Tapping Tool
- The EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Chasing the Pain - Deeper EFT Relief
- Cognitive Shifts - Belief Changes Within EFT
- Common EFT Challenges
- Emphasizing the Words - More Tapping Power When Needed
- Advanced Testing Techniques
- Testing The Tabletop
- Before You Move On To Deeper EFT Tapping Work...
- PART V - Advanced: Polishing the Process & Expanding the Language
Official EFT Tutorial
Before You Begin
About the Authors - Gary & Tina Craig
This entire Tutorial appears to be written by me (Gary), but that is for your reading convenience. My daughter, Tina, has written at least half of it and created revisions for the rest. It was a joint effort and we are quite proud of it.
I am the founder of EFT and the creator of its many tools. The instruction and demonstrations found on the original EFT Training Videos document the development of EFT from 1995 to 2010. Our current Gold Standard EFT Tutorial includes the relevant parts of that material plus the many refinements I have developed along the way. It is up-to-date and will be revised over time to keep it on the cutting edge.
Tina has been working by my side for many years and has been instrumental in creating ways to teach what I do. She has her own background in personal improvement and a unique insight into the perspectives that I employ in my EFT application. When it became clear that we needed to improve the EFT instruction, Tina modeled me (in NLP terms) better than I thought anyone could and has isolated my refinements into individual parts that are much easier to teach.
While I have done all the creating and developing on EFT, Tina has made an enormous difference in the way we are teaching it. Together, we have revised and streamlined the previous EFT instruction so that you can get to the heart of EFT’s power much more efficiently.
Our Bios are given below:
I am the founder of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and your host for this web site. Please know that I am neither a psychologist nor a licensed therapist. Rather, I am a Stanford engineering graduate and an ordained minister and, although I don't pound the table for any particular religion, I do come at this procedure from a decidedly spiritual perspective.
My ordained ministry is with the Universal Church of God in Southern California (not Universal Life Church) which is non-denominational and embraces all religions. I am an avid student of A Course In Miracles but at no time is any EFT'er asked to follow any specific spiritual teaching.
I was born April 13, 1940 and have been intensely interested in personal improvement via psychology since my age13. That was when I recognized that the quality of my thoughts was mirrored in the quality of my life. Since then I have been self taught in this field, seeking only those procedures that, in my opinion, produced results. I consider EFT, the core of which I learned from Dr. Roger Callahan, to be an important tool to achieving the highest levels of healing. I also have high regard for Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) in which I am a Certified Master Practitioner.
My fascination with personal improvement was handed down to me by the most important influence in my life, the Founder of EFT. Like my Dad, I have been a devoted student of human nature, and my experience in this field has developed much the same way as his … without formal training, but with intense curiosity, the drive to challenge my own issues, and a natural ability to see how emotional issues affect performance in this world.
My contributions to EFT training have largely been a result of understanding the problems Dad saw and finding ways to fix them. In that process, I have taken the opportunity to learn new skills, develop natural talents, and do whatever it takes to re-communicate EFT as he intended it. Now that I am working with mental health professionals at ACEP, I am honored to find that they respect me as a peer, and value my ability to teach professionals in this field.
EFT Related Experience
- EmoFree.com: Director of Training and Administration (2005-2010)
Creator and director of the EFT Certification Program (2008-2010)
- ACEP: Creator/director of the ACEP EFT Certification Program (2011)
- EFT Practitioner (2006-present), Specializing in complex, longer term, human cases, and EFT for animals through telepathic communication.
Extensive work in a wide diversity of personal improvement/healing methods starting at age 16, including:
- Tony Robbins Unlimited Power
- Klemmer & Associates
- Landmark Education
- Barbara Brennan
- Yoga, meditation, herbal healing, etc.
- BA in Business Economics from the University of California at Santa Barbara
- 20 years experience in business and marketing
© Gary and Tina Craig
All Rights Reserved