- Official EFT Tutorial
- PART I For Everyone: The EFT Tapping Basics
- Using EFT Tapping For Yourself
- Using EFT Tapping Professionally
- What is EFT? - Theory, Science and Uses
- How to do the EFT Tapping Basics - The Basic Recipe
- The EFT Constricted Breathing Technique
- Are You Satisfied With 20% of EFT's Tapping Possibilities?
- Strategies for Getting Started: Pain, Personal Peace, Physical Disease and More
- The Pros and Perils of EFT Tapping Scripts
- What can I expect from EFT Tapping?
- PART II For Everyone: Getting to the Roots of Your EFT Issues
- Intro to Part II
- Finding Aspects within the EFT Tapping Process
- Intro to Being Specific With EFT Tapping
- Testing Your EFT Tapping Work - The Triad
- Uncovering Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tell the Story Technique - The Workhorse Tapping Method
- What Should I Say During the EFT Tapping Process?
- The EFT Generalization Effect - A Big Step Toward Tapping Efficiency
- The EFT Personal Peace Procedure
- When to Use Global Approaches in the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tapping Success Strategy
- PART III - Advanced: Additional Tapping Tools & Refinements
- Intro to Part III
- The EFT Movie Technique - A Useful Tapping Tool
- The EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Chasing the Pain - Deeper EFT Relief
- Cognitive Shifts - Belief Changes Within EFT
- Common EFT Challenges
- Emphasizing the Words - More Tapping Power When Needed
- Advanced Testing Techniques
- Testing The Tabletop
- Before You Move On To Deeper EFT Tapping Work...
- PART V - Advanced: Polishing the Process & Expanding the Language
Official EFT Tutorial
PART IV - Advanced: Tapping Deeper Into Emotional Issues
The Writing on Our Walls in Practice
Approaches and Common Concepts
Understanding emotional issues in theory is quite helpful with EFT, but using that understanding in practice will get you much farther. Here are some approaches and common concepts that I have used regularly in my sessions over the years.
Bouncing Off of Deeper Issues
One of my most helpful mindsets in delivering EFT is that we are never done. Sure, we may rapidly eradicate a phobia and a Specific Event or so, and that may seem like we are finished. But, in reality, the Writing on our Walls is endless and there are almost always deeper issues involved. Accordingly higher quality work begs to be performed.
I have worked with many war veterans, for example, who suffer from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and often find that the intensity of their war memories is related to their childhood issues. Interestingly, I can interview two war veterans who witnessed the same atrocity and find the intensity of their responses to be widely different. One may be mildly uncomfortable about discussing it while the other sweats and has nightmares on the mere thought of it. The difference usually points to deeper childhood issues. It's as if their current responses to the war atrocity are exaggerated because they are bouncing off of previous traumas or beliefs. ...
To read the rest of this article, you must be a member of Gary Craig's Official EFT Tapping Community, where in-depth material, like this, is explored by dedicated EFT'ers worldwide. We hope you will visit the Official EFT Store to join. Many benefits await you.