- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Loretta Sparks, an addiction specialist with over 20 years experience, provides us with these useful experiences.
For the past 20 plus years I have been treating alcoholics, addicts and their families at an in and out patient facility for a large HMO in Southern California. About 6 years ago I started integrating TFT and then EFT into the work I do there. As anyone who has treated addicted individuals can attest, it ain't easy work! However, EFT can make a big difference in increasing treatment effectiveness.
I'd like to share a couple of experiences I had last week. I was asked by one of our physicians to see a 77 yo woman who was having a very difficult detox from the migraine medication she had been taking for years. She was in a lot of discomfort from the withdrawal of her painkillers and was in the throes having a migraine.
We first did a number of rounds on the withdrawal symptoms focusing on the patient's fear of the sensations/discomfort in her body and her loss of the only help she had for her migraines, her painkillers. We got her discomfort down from a 9 to 2. Because our time was limited, I suggested at that point that we address her migraine. She agreed. Her migraine was a 10.
Because her head hurt too much to tap, we concentrated on the collarbone, under arm and back of hand treatment points. In less that 5 minutes of treatment the migraine was essentially gone. She saw me after discharge from inpatient and reported that the "tapping" was the most effective treatment she received in the hospital. Her headache had not returned full force. A couple of times it started to return and she tapped it out.
The second experience I wanted to share was in the form of a phone call (around 10:30 at night) from a colleague who had taken an EFT/TFT Seminar from me. He had just been released from the hospital ER where he had been taken as a result of a binge drinking episode. He felt terrible, tremulous, head hurting and with a generalized feeling of malaise. His knowledge of EFT made it easy to assist him over the phone.
Alcohol often floods the system with sugar and the detox (withdrawal) process can leave the body craving it with symptoms similar to those of hypoglycemia. So I asked him to first go drink a large glass of orange juice (natural sugar) and then come back to the phone. When he returned I lead him through the EFT protocol 2 times. By the time we finished he was steady, his head did not hurt and he was tired and wanting to go to bed.
EFT allowed me not only to reduce these patients' discomfort but to also enable them to learn the awesome healing power of their own body.
Loretta Sparks, MFT (#7936)
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.