- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Giving relief to severe addictions with EFT is among our more challenging endeavors. Rarely do we just tap on "my alcoholism" and expect to get lasting results in a round or two. Instead, this is where the "art of delivery" for these procedures becomes important. Typically, we must go back in time and "unload" many severe issues from someone's past and thus de-fuse the anxiety ridden events that serve as drivers to the addiction.
Carol Maker works with Corrections institutions (prisons) and deals with inmates as well as parolees. Addictions, of course, are often among the many challenges encountered. She details for us below how she helped a "binge drinker" get relief from alcohol urges by neutralizing events surrounding the death of his parents. While this seems to do the job, at least for now, prudence would suggest that more work be done with other emotionally laden past events. Addictions are methods of escape from emotional pain and thus the more emotional pain we can neutralize, the less likely the client is to revert to the addictive substance.
Also, hats off to Carol for her skill in this case.
Last month I got a call from a probation officer to see if I could help a client who was "hopeless". I was told the client was a binge drinker with an electronic monitoring device used as an attempt to stop him from drinking and breaking his probation.
The client told me he was haunted every day by memories of his mother's death, and had ongoing daily urges to drink. He told me in confidence that he binged at least 3 x per month, but did not want his probation officer to know as he had been in jail many times for his problem. I told him my services were free providing he would be a spokesperson for this method if it worked. He agreed.
We worked for 2 1/2 hours around several events surrounding his mother's suicide when he was 5 and his father's recent death. I used both EFT and TIR. During the session, he kept asking me if I was an angel and wanted to know what I was "doing" to him as he kept feeling "electrical surges". At the end, he finally asked me if I was a witch. He was smiling, but there was a worried look on his face ... After the session I didn't hear from him again until yesterday.
He called to say that he had no further upsetting thoughts about his mother's death and he had not had a single urge to drink in a month. He said he was so sure that he was cured that I could now reveal to his probation officer (and others) the truth about the extent of his binge problem. When the lead probation officer in the chemical dependency heard the story (I've worked with him around HIS mother's death with great results) he emailed me with the comment. "Exciting times. This may give us some testimonials which would lend credence to using these techniques as an adjunct to more conventional chemical abuse Tx [treatment]."
... now wouldn't that be nice???
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.