- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Claudia Schecter writes this article 9 months after she broke her coffee addiction with EFT. Note how she describes the steps she used.
It has been months since I released my forty year addiction to coffee. I had tried to stop drinking coffee many times before and wanted to wait to see whether it really worked this time before posting this letter... and yes, about nine months later, I can safely say it did.
I have been drinking coffee for most of my life, not realizing how addictive it was. For the past 8 years I have tried to break the habit several times. I do not believe that 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day are bad for you. However, I was unable to function without my morning "kick". In the evening, I needed coffee to make sure I could sleep through the night. If I did not drink a cup of coffee before going to sleep, I would wake up with the worst coffee withdrawal headache which would prevent me from going back to sleep, unless I got up to make myself coffee at 2 am.
My situation was starting to get ridiculous. Here I was, working as a Natural Health Consultant, needing coffee fix to sleep through the night. I knew of many EFT successes with regard to addictions, but a part of me was afraid to apply it. Every time I tried stopping coffee before the pain was unbearable and nothing helped. And what if EFT does not work on me? I would be so disappointed on top of it.
However I had scheduled a workshop on addictions and anxiety and how could I honestly teach that being addicted myself? I started tapping.
Even though I am afraid it won't work for me…
Even though I would be so disappointed if the tapping does not work, so I’d rather not start…
It made me feel better, but I still needed some time. A few days later I conveniently forgot to have my nighttime coffee. As usual, I woke up at 2 AM with a severe headache so I started tapping: Even though I have this huge coffee headache… The next thing I knew I was awakened by my alarm clock. The tapping had allowed me to go back to sleep and I woke up in the morning pain free. In the kitchen the habit of making my morning coffee took over, however I caught myself in time and started tapping:
Even though I crave my coffee fix…
Even though I need my coffee in the morning…
Even though I cannot wake up without coffee in the morning…
Even though I am afraid I will get a headache if I do not have coffee now
Even though I am a slave to coffee…
After a few rounds of that I finished with:
I choose to release this coffee addiction … I am fully awake and full of energy … I am totally relaxed about drinking no coffee.
I felt great after the tapping. During the next 48 hours I occasionally tapped on some neck tension, which usually indicated a severe coffee headache coming on:
Even though I have this tension in my neck, and I know what that means …
Even though I am afraid the headache is coming now …
The tension never turned into a headache, and besides that I never experienced any withdrawal symptoms. I am grateful I can now enjoy drinking a cup of coffee occasionally and that I have the freedom to choose.
Claudia Schecter, NHC
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.