- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- After tapping, Carol
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Baerbel Froehlin, Cht gives us this account of a rapid relief for an active addiction to sweets. She used a different approach than I might have used and ended up with discovering the core issue AFTER tapping. I would have attempted to find it BEFORE tapping and so, for contrast, I interject, within her article, how I might have handled this issue. I think you will find the comparison useful. It points out that there is more than one way to be an artist with EFT.
This is another powerful example of how easily EFT and Hypnotherapy can be combined to create 5-minute miracles!
"I'm responsible for everything!"
John is a man in his forties, a CEO in a computer company, who came to me asking for help to bring down his weight and his high blood pressure. He described that with a few pounds too many and his stressful job he was experiencing quite some anxiety on a daily basis. He often found himself sitting at his computer eating candy bars and drinking soda, because it had a calming effect on him. Besides that, he constantly felt as if he never had enough time to do his work, he always felt pressured by the responsibility; as if he wasn't able to do a good enough job. So he just couldn't help it but stuff himself with sweets.
GC COMMENT: My approach would have been to ask questions like, "What does this remind you of?" ...OR... "Was there a previous time, like in childhood, when you had addictive cravings while feeling pressured by responsibility?" This will often lead me to a core SPECIFIC EVENT that will occupy the centerpiece of our EFT session.
BAERBEL CONTINUES: We started out with:
"Even though I never have enough time to do what is expected from me...."
"Even though I comfort myself with sweets ... and I feel guilty about it .... but it's the only thing that takes away my anxiety ...."
"Even though I am afraid of failure .... and I am in charge of this whole company ...... I now choose to accept my chocolate cravings .... because I understand I do need those sweets to make myself feel better .... to be able to do my work ...... to calm down a bit ......"
GC COMMENT: Please note that the above language approaches the problem much more globally than I typically suggest. In this case, it has the effect of bringing up the core issue later.
BAERBEL CONTINUES: Here he went into a light trance on his own (EFT tends to bring this about), obviously relieved of his guilt and anxiety, to find himself back at an early age of 12 years.
While he was in this light stage of trance, we easily discussed what turned out to be his core experience. He described how his parents at one time had to leave for a weekend trip. They left him to babysit his younger brother, but most importantly, in charge of the gas station they owned. He had to be there all the time and he didn't leave at night. Being overwhelmed with this huge responsibility and scared to death of being robbed, he found himself sitting in the gas station all night with a loaded rifle on his knees!
And there and then he kept himself awake all night by eating one candy bar after the other. The many sodas he drank that night.... he could still remember.
After he opened his eyes, the tears kept streaming down his face and boy, did I get a big hug!
That was the whole session. He went home like on clouds, e-mailed me three days later, that he had started to lose weight almost instantly. Since then he'd been losing so much weight, that everybody asked if he was ill, so he stopped being so selective with what he was eating. Now his weight is normal and his blood pressure is absolutely fine. He no longer feels overly pressured in his work, he is much calmer now and enjoys his slim, healthy body.
What a great experience, to be the facilitator in this transformation. EFT opened the doors once again ...........
and real fast!
Love to you all.
Baerbel Froehlin, CHt./HypnoCoach
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.