- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Louise McNally from Scotland successfully applies EFT to curb her need to over drink and over eat. I make a comment near the end which would increase the odds of the benefit being permanent.
I thought I'd share this with you, as other people might find it helpful. I've been trying to use EFT to curb my own excesses and lose weight (I can do it for other people, but it's been harder to dig out my own issues).
Recently, I found I was drinking more than I really wanted to. I've always drunk quite quickly and therefore don't always feel fully in control of how much I consume. Since my father is an alcoholic, it's something that has always annoyed and worried me a bit. So, I tapped on:
Even though I HAVE to get drunk tonight...
Even though I HAVE to get completely pissed...
Even though I HAVE to drink really fast and get obliterated..
Even though I have to pour as much alcohol down my throat as possible...
And I continued in that vein, exaggerating mercilessly, for a few minutes. When I went out that night, I found myself drinking very slowly and two drinks lasted me for hours. I just didn't want to drink much.
I've since used the same method a few times and find it to be very effective. I've used it on overeating:
Even though I HAVE to stuff my face...
Even though I HAVE to be a greedy pig, I've always been a greedy pig...
Even though I HAVE to be fat, it's just the way it is, there's nothing I can do about it...
I combined the overeating one with tapping on the feeling of guilt/shame I realised I felt when I was hungry. Perhaps it came from a childhood experience when I was hungry at an inconvenient time, maybe when we were out and about, and my mother was annoyed? I can't remember a specific incident, but my mother is the type who would blame a small child for being hungry at inconvenient times!
GC COMMENT: Getting to specific events increases the chances of these improvements to be permanent. If you cannot locate specific events then MAKE SOME UP. This is not as fictitious as it may sound because anything you make up is coming from you and likely has some useful ingredients. In fact a made up specific event could even be better than a real one.
It's early yet, but my excesses seem to have been curbed. I no longer wonder what I'm going to eat or drink next; I feel satisfied inside. My jeans are looser, which is very pleasing, and I feel more contented and in control.
Since many people feel the after-effects of their excesses, Gary, I thought they might like to try this too.
Yours with love,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.