- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Overcoming a Food Craving
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Who among us doesn't have a food craving? Whether it is chocolate, popcorn, peanuts (or whatever) our systems can develop a major case of the Yum-Yums and cause us to overeat many things. Collette Streicher's client, Chris, faced this dilemma and used EFT to effectively diminish her cravings for peanuts. The concepts used in Chris' letter below are applicable to all food cravings.
My client sent me this great letter about how she eliminated a peanut craving with all the details and some humor, too. She hopes it can help others.
I am writing this note to tell you how much the EFT has been helping me with food cravings. What I absolutely love about working with this tool is the flexibility and availability of using my fingertips to conquer problems that used to overwhelm me.
I have long struggled with food issues. I know I have a lot of great reasons to lose weight, but I could never get past the thoughts that I would have to let go of food that I really loved, especially peanuts. If I had ever been stranded on a desert island, it would have been a long, long time before I starved because you can bet I would have a huge pack of peanuts in my purse, one in a certain pocket of my briefcase, and if I had driven to that island, there would be a jar or two rolling around in the floorboard. So, as I've learned, from you and others on Gary s EFT website, I started with whatever feeling was up first.
Even though I really can't stand the idea of giving up peanuts
Even though I'm angry that I am forced to give up peanuts
Forced? Who was forcing me? I couldn't think of anyone standing between peanuts and me. So I went with that.
Even though I don t know who is forcing me to stop eating peanuts
Even though it is me that is being so forceful
Even though I feel forceful when I am eating peanuts...
Now this rang true for me. I have always known that part of the appeal of nuts for me is the physical crunching and chewing. I guess I feel like I am getting somewhere by all that chewing.
Even though chewing and crunching feels forceful
Then as I was tapping the above statement, it came to me. I used to get angry at my ex-husband, the one who was constantly nagging me about losing weight.
Even though My Ex tried to force me to lose weight, I ate anyway, cause nobody can stop me if I don't want to
Even though I can't say anything about not wanting to lose weight, I can chew and chew these peanuts forcefully.
Then I really got it that the act of chewing was about biting back my feelings and biting back my words. I could feel the anger in my jaws! By this time I am just tapping sentence after sentence without the setup.
This biting back my feelings,
This biting back my words,
These angry jaws,
These forceful jaws,
Then I felt sad because that was the only way I could express myself in that situation, so again, I tapped,
This peanut sadness,
This chewing sadness,
This feeling alone
Then I felt better, so I stopped. Most of the anger was gone. I didn't test myself, because I was a little melancholy that I had to do all this work around peanuts and chewing. Thinking back now, I could have tapped on the shame of having this issue in the first place, but I didn't. I know if I have been in a session with you, we might have gone deeper, but I felt satisfied at the time. In fact, I didn't really even think to see if peanuts still had a charge with me. I started doing something else.
The oddest thing (maybe not to you) was that I didn't even think about peanuts again until I was in line at the bank and I saw the emergency package I kept in my purse. I hadn't eaten peanuts in days! Then it became weeks. I can truthfully say I am not peanutty anymore!
Thanks for this great gift!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.