- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Over 30 pounds and counting....
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
There are many important points in this detailed weight loss case by Dr. Carol Look and thus it bears careful study. Among other things, Carol says, "I can not stress this enough: These deprivation issues around love and attention MUST be addressed if you want the weight loss to be permanent ....... Why was Sarah's weight loss program successful this time? Because it's not about the food. Sarah worked hard with EFT to get to the bottom of her conflicts about losing weight. Now that Sarah has addressed the underlying reasons as to why she felt she needed to hold onto the weight in the first place, there is no reason to gain it back!"
"Sarah" was a part of my recorded teleclass series "Weight Loss with EFT" who had lost and regained 50 pounds twice in her life before trying EFT. After she wrote me a follow up letter telling me she had been easily and happily losing weight, I interviewed her about her experiences and why she thought EFT worked for her so effectively and why "this time was different." Sarah told me she "finally got beyond the problem and focused on the solution" by using the tapping.
Sarah informed me she got to the "root" of the problem very quickly by tapping for her limiting beliefs and blocks. Her three core beliefs and blocks were:
(1) I wasn't worthy of reaching my goals;
(2) I need the extra weight as protection against men who would "harass" me for being so cute and little;
(3) I didn't feel lovable enough.
She had never felt worthy or lovable. Apparently the family "story" was that her parents wanted a son, and after trying to get pregnant for 5 years, her mother gave birth to a daughter, much to their disappointment. Sarah also reported to me that she never got approval or attention when she did something good. She often got sick as a child just to get attention.
With the EFT tapping phrases, Sarah finally felt
as if it was safe for her to lose the weight.
Sarah said the weight started dropping off without any effort. She started to feel as if she was worth the effort and worthy enough to have the things she deserved.
The tapping allowed Sarah to notice her body sensations and feel when she was full rather than continuing eating. She had always been told by her mother to "clean your plate, there are starving people in the world!"
She also used EFT to stop sabotaging herself. As I mentioned earlier, Sarah never felt she got enough recognition or praise when she did something right, so she was "starving" for attention.
"Your teleclass seminar gave me the tools I needed to
overcome the mental blocks that were holding me back.
Once I did that, I found that the solutions came quickly and easily!"
During her "turn" on the teleclass, Sarah tapped along for her own issues. When the others had their turns, she tapped along using Gary's Borrowing Benefits. She followed through with tapping recommendations in my follow-up emails to the participants during the week. Some of the most powerful phrases that worked for her were as follows:
Even though I feel discouraged by how much weight I need to lose, I choose to feel inspired now.
Even though I believe I don't deserve to be thin, I choose to feel worthy now.
Even though I feel angry that I have to lose this weight, I choose to soothe myself in new ways.
Even though I feel exhausted all the time and food helps me feel better, I deeply and completely accept all of me and my behavior.
(I have often found that the feelings expressed in these above EFT statements are rarely if ever addressed in any weight loss program, and sabotage even the most hard working client.)
Even though I believe it's all my fault, I choose to relax and release the guilt.
Even though I'm not sure if I am worthy of succeeding, I choose to accept all of me including my doubts.
Even though I'm afraid to be successful because I'll be too different, I claim success now.
(Of course these self-esteem issues are at the core of self sabotage and must be neutralized for anyone wanting to make a change in their life.)
Even though they have tried to control me all my life, I choose to take back my power.
Even though they're STILL trying to control me, I choose to do it my way and listen to my guidance.
Even though I feel deeply resentful, I choose to accept my feelings.
Even though I'm using my weight challenge as a way to get in my own way, I deeply and completely love and accept all of me.
(It is often very helpful to have the client say "I won't do it your way" or "I'm going to do it my way" when they tap on the specific points if they have these control issues from their past. It gives them "permission" to take back control in a healthy way.)
Even though I've been holding on to these blocks for so long, I have decided to release them now.
Even though they left me out and hurt me AGAIN, I choose to feel lovable anyway.
Even though I'm afraid I'll feel deprived AGAIN, and then I'll ruin it, I choose to feel calm and peaceful.
Even though I'm afraid I will have to give up my food, I deeply and completely accept myself.
Even though there was never enough love, I choose to feel safe now.
(I can not stress this enough: These deprivation issues around love and attention MUST be addressed if you want the weight loss to be permanent.)
In my interview with Sarah, she revealed the following: "One thing that helped me stop overeating was the realization that I was in control. I could stop when I wanted to and if I wanted more, I could have it. I didn't restrict what I ate; I just ate less of it and felt satisfied. Then, as the weight started to come off, I was proud of myself and that motivated me to keep going. Hope this helps..."
Why was Sarah's weight loss program successful this time? Because it's not about the food. Sarah worked hard with EFT to get to the bottom of her conflicts about losing weight. Now that Sarah has addressed the underlying reasons as to why she felt she needed to hold onto the weight in the first place, there is no reason to gain it back!
Dr. Carol Look
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.