- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
My gratitude to Lee Ann Tassotti for sharing this personal story about her "secret addiction." Study this article and note how a core issue was behind the addiction.
I am new to EFT, which I discovered recently. I have read the manual, articles off of the website and newsletters. Soon, I felt brave enough to address a long-standing secret addiction I have had, and got started.
It's embarrassing, but I was addicted to inhaling the fumes from all sorts of things like gasoline, nail polish, magic markers, shoe polish and other petroleum based products that we all use regularly. I had no ill effects from this that I know of, but I know it can be harmful in the long run and even deadly. I was practicing this addiction almost daily, and no one knew about it. Worse yet, it had been going on for over ten years.
I started tapping with Even though I have this addiction to inhalants... and I did three rounds. I was sure this was not going to help me, and did it with a totally skeptical mindset.
However, the next day, when I reached for some marking pens, I found that I did not want to uncap them or inhale them. I put them away in the drawer. That same day I fueled up my car. In the past I would have purposely gotten some fuel on my fingertips to inhale on the way home. I could not bring myself to do this, to my surprise. I felt nothing - no reason to do it, no urge to do it; but on the other hand, no hate or distaste for it either - just nothing. Just as with the markers earlier, it was easy to do nothing and feel nothing.
Over the next couple of days, though, the feelings which gave rise to this addiction in the first place popped up.
My father, on his only evening off of work when we were kids, would polish his boots, gun belt, (he was a cop) holsters and etc. and not pay any attention to us. He would use shoe polish, and black markers to get everything looking spiffy. I came to realize these inky smells were of some comfort to me, because of this. Even though he was busy, he was at least home.
I had never even thought about that before, on any level I could remember. I had never put the addiction and my childhood together consciously. I tapped for this too,
Even though Dad was emotionally distant...
Even though Dad wasn't around much as I grew up...
I feel just great now and am encouraged to keep going with other things. We all carry around so much more than we realize. By the way, I have not inhaled anything in over two weeks and have not even wanted to. I have no emotions about this issue at all anymore. I have also let go of some resentments I had about my father's lack of time when we were kids. I remembered how hard it was when my own kids were young, and how "spread thin" I felt at times. When this comes to mind now, I just appreciate the great provider he was, and all the time he is able to spend with me and the extended family now since he is retired.
I love happy endings, don't you?
Best Wishes, Lee Ann
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.