- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
After tapping, Carol
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Sometimes people do just about everything right to shed those extra pounds and STILL don't drop a single ounce. When this happens there is usually a core emotional issue at play that can stop progress cold. Note how Carol Solomon addresses this problem with her client. She says, "What I find is that if you just start tapping in a general way, a core issue will often come up spontaneously. In Sally’s case, she recalled having thoughts that it might not be ok with her daughter if she were thin. Sally was smaller than her adult daughter, and her daughter had expressed jealousy."
My friend was stuck in her weight loss efforts after being on many diets, so she asked me to help her with EFT. “Sally” wasn’t sure what was holding her back. In spite of eating healthy and going to the gym every day, her efforts were going nowhere. She was frustrated and disappointed that she couldn’t lose weight.
Sally had many “theories” about this problem. She thought it may have to do with her age (mid 50’s) and hormonal changes, since she had had a recent hysterectomy, and had to take hormone replacement therapy. She also considered the effect of stress hormones, since she had many recent changes in her life, such as moving across the country and getting married! Sally and her new husband entertained a lot, and she thought perhaps she should drink only 1 glass of wine, instead of 2-3 glasses per night.
Since she didn’t know what was causing the problem, we started with general statements, such as:
Even though these hormone changes are keeping me stuck…
Even though my weight won’t change no matter what I do…
Even though I can’t lose weight since my hysterectomy…
What I find is that if you just start tapping in a general way, a core issue will often come up spontaneously. In Sally’s case, she recalled having thoughts that it might not be ok with her daughter if she were thin. Sally was smaller than her adult daughter, and her daughter had expressed jealousy.
Even though it may be hurtful to my daughter to have a thin mom…
Even though it might not be ok with her, it’s ok to be thin.
Even though it means our weight is different, it’s ok to be a different size than her.
Even though she was jealous, I choose to let it be ok.
Here’s what happened: Sally tapped daily on her own for the next 2 weeks, and lost 3 pounds. She was thrilled! (She’s a small woman and did not have a lot of weight to lose, so even a few pounds made a big difference to her.)
She also completely lost her taste for wine, and stopped drinking it altogether. “It just doesn’t taste good anymore – it tastes metallic.” To this day, 8 months later, she does not drink wine. Mind you, she wasn’t too happy about this outcome, since she travels abroad frequently and used to enjoy wine. But, she no longer has a taste for it, and she feels that it’s her body’s way of telling her that she doesn’t need it anymore.
With love and gratitude,
Carol Solomon, Ph.D. MCC
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.