- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Anxiety caused hair pulling interrupts the lives of many and conventional therapy can do very little with it. However, it often improves or vanishes with EFT. Such is the case in this article by Dawn Norton.
Last Fall when I first started learning EFT, I shared enthusiastically what I was doing with many of my friends. One of them seemed interested and purchased the DVDs. A few weeks later she told me she wanted to have me do EFT with her daughter as she was having a problem. She revealed that due to some extreme stress years previous in their family, her daughter had begun pulling out all of her eyebrows. The clinical term for it is trichotillomania. When the stress was too much to handle, she would pluck out most of her eyebrows.
She had been to counseling without any progress as far as her eyebrows were concerned. They had done some tapping, but she wanted me to follow up. So we had a very short session over the phone and addressed her remaining anxieties. It was several months, when I emailed her and asked about her daughter, and she sent me the following note:
"I had to share some great news! The other day you asked how my daughter was doing as far as pulling and I told you I thought she might have been pulling. Well that's because I saw her still using some eyebrow pencil on her brows so I thought maybe she was plucking still. Also I had seen a pair of tweezers out, so I thought maybe she had been using them.
Well she got out of the shower today and walked into the kitchen with no makeup on. Her eyebrows looked great!! They were nearly all the way grown out! I asked her, are those natural or do you have some eyebrow pencil on? She said, "No Mom, these are all natural. They are growing out but are very slow growing so I use some eyebrow pencil on the ends to make them look more natural."
She was beaming and smiling ear to ear. I was almost in tears! I have never seen more than about 1/2" of eyebrow on her for years! They are very long and very shaped. They looked great! I asked her, so have you pulled any since you talked with Dawn and did some tapping? SHE SAID NO!!!!! I asked her have you had the urge...she said yes, but it passes much faster now.
She said she plucks the bottom ones underneath to thin them out, but she knows when to stop. I said do you pluck when you feel stress? She said, no not really. You can't imagine what exciting news this is! I am dancing with joy for her! Another success story for you!!! And a miracle for us!"
My suggestion to her was if she did feel any urge, to go ahead and tap for that, so the urge would disappear. What a great feeling to help a family with a problem so distressing.
Dawn Norton--EFT ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.