- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- After tapping, Carol
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
EFT for hoarding (OCD)
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) takes many forms and it often severely limits the lives of those afflicted. Alina Frank skillfully uses EFT to bring relief to two ladies who hoard items to extreme degrees.
Although people around the world may scoff at the absurd fact that in the United States there are over 1 million people afflicted with pathological hoarding, the fact remains that it is seriously impairing for those that suffer from this form of obsessive compulsive disorder. We have all read about recluses who have died under an avalanche of trash, but less visible are those who merely live in filth with fire hazards or unsanitary conditions. According to the Mayo Clinic it is a difficult problem to treat, but by applying EFT for the underlying related causes I have seen the worst pack rats be able to toss out the clutter. The following are two examples from my practice.
Susan came to see me after her relative called me and voiced her concern that Susan would soon be buried under a mountain of junk. When we spoke, Susan identified a fear that she would need the things she was keeping in the future and that was the reason she couldn’t throw anything away. This seems to be a common theme with hoarders. The feeling she had of being able to hoard and keep all of her things gave her a sense of safety.
I asked her to name a time when she felt a lack of safety and she immediately recounted several memories of sexual abuse as a child. Besides clearing all the unresolved emotional pain of her abuse, we worked on letting go of the fear that she’d be getting rid of something of possible value. Within 3 sessions she was able to organize her apartment and give away or throw out truck loads of rubbish.
Lorraine called me when she felt too paralyzed to be able to move from her childhood home to a different city where she knew her life would improve. One aspect of her potential move that felt overwhelming was being able to clean the house to get it ready to sell as she had piles of junk on every conceivable horizontal surface. We went through different fears including the one I worked on with Susan. One core issue that appeared was an attachment she had to the items that belonged to her deceased father whom she had a particularly strong relationship with.
Even though I will feel guilty if I let this trunk go I will let my father’s memory go…
Even though if I give this to someone who can use it I will be letting go of my father and everything he meant to me…
I am afraid that by discarding this trunk I will be discarding a material expression of the love he had for me, but I deeply and completely accept myself anyway
After we got to a level of intensity of zero on these statements we then did a few rounds of positive reframes:
My father is laughing in heaven at the fact that I have become so obsessed with this old piece of junk
The joyful memories I have of times together are what I carry into my new life and not the lifeless items in this old house.
A few weeks later Lorraine has tossed away bags of clutter, signed a lease on a new place in her favorite city, and has even found lucrative new work - all of which she had told me were steps too daunting to act on before we began using EFT. Here are other examples of issues related to hoarding:
Trouble making decisions – “I can’t decide what to do with this so I might as well stick it here for now.”
Procrastination – “I’ll deal with this mess later.”
Forming strong attachments to things or animals – “This item is a part of my life and I can’t let it go.
Luckily not only are all of these tappable issues but any subconscious associations and emotions can me cleared completely as well making it less likely that the problem will reoccur.
Alina Frank, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.