- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
All traces of
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Susitha P from India gives us the details behind this OCD case. Near the end she says, "Afterwards she felt completely relaxed and she was laughing. She now felt like she “really knew” that it was off. The OCD did reoccur but the level was steadily decreasing. We continued tapping for it sometimes just for 10 minutes over the phone. It did require persistent tapping and then all signs of OCD cleared."
Tanya was suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). She had the urge to check constantly to see whether an electrical appliance was switched off. It was draining her energy. Sometimes she would leave home and then the thought would occur, “Did I really switch off the geyser?” and she would try to ignore the need to go back and check. This would cause a spiral of negative thoughts … What if something goes wrong? … What if someone is hurt? … What if it causes a fire? She would invariably go back and check. The OCD existed for other electrical appliances too.
She was also very frustrated and angry because she was so “weird”. We tapped,
Even though I am angry with myself for being weird… Even though I am convinced that I am weird… We tapped for anger, frustration, I am a weirdo. We tapped the positive statements: I release the blame, I am doing the best that I can and the past is over, I am healing now.
I have read that the underlying thought pattern and the need for OCD is to control so that the patient is always safe and the people around are safe.
Even though I have this need to control everything…
Even though I believe that I have to control everything or else I will be harmed and people around me will be harmed, I love and accept myself completely and it safe for me to release this need for control
I have to control everything … I am not safe … My family is not safe
Releasing this need to control … I trust myself … I am free … I am safe … My family is safe
I asked her to call me whenever she felt the obsession. Accordingly, she called and we tapped over the phone. I asked her to look at the switch and we tapped: Even though I know that I switched it off and yet I feel like checking it… It is switched off ... I switched it off yet I doubt it … This doubt It is off … Yes it is … No it is not … Is it off ?
Afterwards she felt completely relaxed and she was laughing. She now felt like she “really knew” that it was off. The OCD did reoccur but the level was steadily decreasing. We continued tapping for it sometimes just for 10 minutes over the phone. It did require persistent tapping and then all signs of OCD cleared. She feels free and confident now. I explained to Tanya that as we clear the fears and negative emotions that hold us back we are embracing more of our personal power.
I do want to point out that OCD is termed as ‘Incurable’ and with EFT we would clear all traces of the problem.
Susitha P. EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.