- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
Touching trichotillomania tale
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
At a trichotillomania retreat, one person willing to try EFT on a stranger made an important breakthough. The fact that they were both involved in the same retreat undoubtedly created some rapport, which is always a necessary ingredient, but the person applying the EFT used some very sharp intuition and got to the heart of the problem quickly. Here is the story...
I want to share with you and anyone else who wishes to learn an exciting experience I had on the 24th of August last weekend. I attended and was one of the organizers of this years annual Trichotillomania Retreat membership conference in Massachusetts. Each year adults and children gather in a camp setting to attend educational and experiential workshops on TTM. We laugh, cry, experience, swim, share and heal. It is the most important healing experience in the Trich. community.
During breakfast Sunday morning a lady came up and asked me to talk to a participant who had been crying since she registered on Saturday. This person was scared the depressed woman was going to harm herself. I introduced myself and asked if I could attend a workshop with her. We went to one workshop and she continued to cry from the moment I met her through the workshop. I asked if I could see her privately to talk with her.
We went back to her cabin and talked. She told me no therapy or medications had helped. She picked her face for hours a day and was up till 3 am most nights stuck picking and staring in the mirror. Her arms were weak. She had been picking most of Saturday night since arriving at the retreat. I asked if I could try my energy balancing work. I corrected a massive psychological reversal and gave her her correction for reversal to stop picking "Even if I never stop picking for the rest of my life and am scared forever", I then helped her elicit her picking urge by staring in her pocket mirror. She got it up to a 5 and we used the CB, UE, CB, UA, CB, 9 gamut and repeat with one mini reversal. She could not elicit the urge after two treatments. She reported her depression gone. She was in shock.
She spent the rest of the retreat laughing, crying in relief, dancing and doing karaoke. She said I saved her life. I said, no God and Roger Callahan, Gary Craig and Don Zandier saved your life. I cried in complete humbleness that I was able to help her. This is one of the most profound healings I have been witness to. It made me all the more determined to continue learning. I have her phone number and will follow up with her. Author's name withheld for privacy reasons.
RESPONSE: Touching story. It's healing experiences like this that motivates us all. It would be my guess that it was healing for you as well because there was love in your story and love, of course, is the ultimate healer. EFT is but a tool. I think we sometimes miss perspective when we buy into the idea that we are the healers and the client is the "healee." I think healing is a joint process even though it doesn't always appear that way. God was there with you, of course, but Roger, Don (your supervisor) and I were not (at least not physically). Take some credit for your efforts. In fact, take a lot of credit. It was you who took the initiative.
On a technical note, the CB, UE, CB, UA, CB sequence that you used is not the EFT shortcut sequence. That's OK. Whatever works. There are many sequences that would have done this job. The EFT sequence is designed to be "all-purpose" and would most likely have done the job just as easily.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.