- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
June Campbell from Canada is a self-taught EFT'er who gives us a MAJOR INSIGHT into some of the real reasons behind our cravings. While she focuses on cigarette cravings in her article, the same idea applies to addictive cravings of all kinds.
I thought I'd share this experience that happened recently. I'm a self taught EFT’er, not a professional, so perhaps this is not at all surprising to some of the pros on your list. To me, it was quite astounding. I put out my last cigarette in 1987 after a physician told me I had the beginnings of lung damage. I had smoked ferociously, two packs a day, for 22 years.
For the past several months, I have been doing the Personal Peace Procedure with EFT, and have become quite sensitive to my body's energies. I have been aware that much of the energy I have been releasing is related to my lung damage, and with each major release of energy, I usually trigger a coughing spell that goes deeper and deeper into my lungs. I view this as a good thing.
This morning, after tapping about something else, I began seriously craving a smoke. I have not craved tobacco in years. I could taste tobacco in my mouth. I could smell tobacco smoke. My jaws clenched up the way they do when you draw on the cigarette. I started to tap.
Even though I am strangely craving a cigarette… and all of a sudden, a giant burst of anger and anxiety erupted out of me. I started shouting, "Don't take my cigarettes away, don't take my cigarette away!" During this time, the taste of tobacco in my mouth was really strong.
I continued tapping until this energy burst worked its way out. After this burst of energy was finally gone, I realized that at an energy level, I had stored tons of anger over stopping smoking and also plenty of anxiety and fear that I assume was related to nicotine withdrawal.
I continued tapping again, using phrases like, I hate it that people made me go outside to smoke … I really want a cigarette right now … I really miss tobacco smoke.
More emotions came out, and finally came the insight that one of my reasons for starting smoking at age 18 was to copy my much-loved father, who smoked for much of his life. Stopping smoking felt as if I was breaking not only a nicotine habit but also a connection to my late father.
I did some tapping around Even though I feel disloyal to dad… That triggered some unresolved grief around his death, which occurred many years ago. When all of this was finished, the craving to smoke was gone and the tobacco taste in my mouth was gone as well.
I suggest that other people who are dealing with tobacco addiction try tapping around this, even if they have been tobacco free for many years, as I was. Now I'm curious as to whether I'll get the same results if I tap around the multiple diets I have been on during my lifetime and the occasions when I have given up coffee (briefly).
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.