- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
EFT often does a good job of reducing the immediate craving for an addictive substance. This is a great aid in breaking an addiction even though, typically, it does not actually break the addiction without some persistence. Donna Renner is a relative newcomer to EFT and was impressed by its creative use for cigarette smoking. We don't know, of course, if the addiction is actually broken in this case (time will tell) but I thought you might be interested in her protocol.
Thank you for the [Introductory] tape. I used it for the first time this morning, as a set up to use EFT for smoking. A former client called, I mentioned a new approach to this issue and she was ready to try it.
The results amazed me and I'm curious to see how she does. She left with such positive results and convinced that this would work for her. We actually tested with a cigarette. She switched aspects several times. First she went to 3 on the craving (the physical addiction), then she switched to the companion (psychological addiction) and then she tapped on the fear of smoking (lung cancer in her family). She experienced a very emotional breakthrough about midway through on the sequence and reported that she really SAW the hold this companion had on her.
She sobbed and reported that she had been praying for help to stop smoking but had no faith. This seemed to be a spiritual event for her. It was amazing for me to watch her make sense of this process. She is a nurse and was so enthusiastic, she was convincing me about this technique. Being a novice, I still am accepting myself even though I feel skeptical about EFT! This lady really taught me more...as do all my clients.
Anyway, the way she made sense of this treatment was revealed in a story about her work. She asked a doctor why the electric shock to the heart of a deceased person revived many people. He told her that they didn't know for sure but that he thought that the shock reversed the polarity of that person. She left here ready to tap 25 times a day around this craving. I feel sure she will have success.
Gary, I imagine you have many newcomers to the growing list of therapists who practice EFT. I just wanted to share my excitement and growing faith in this process.
Blessings back to you.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.