- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- After tapping, Carol
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Dr. Inci Erkin, MD (from Turkey) failed to help a heavy smoker with a standard EFT approach. She then looked for a core issue that may be driving the addiction and, through her creative approach, found it. Once the core issue was resolved, the client threw his cigarettes away. This, of course, is strong evidence of quitting but, in my experience, time must go by to assess the permanence of the result. We certainly get our share of "one session wonders" like this but, usually, more sessions are required.
My client is a businessman--age 43--heavy smoker--cannot quit
We started with classic Setup statements:
Even though I smoke...
I am a smoker but....
Although I love cigarettes...
None of them worked....
So I held a cigarette of his in my hand and said to him, "Smell this, hold it in your hand, and tell me what that means to you."
He took the cigarette, smelled it, turned it in his fingers and his face changed. He was very upset and nearly cried. He told me that his father was a very heavy smoker also, and he died because of respiratory problems in a Hospital.
When he saw his father for the last time, he had many IV's and oxygen tubes attached to him. He had a yellowish skin and was lying down in a hospital bed, hardly breathing. And his skin smelled like an ash tray. He thinks that this was the odor of his fathers sweat because of the nicotine that was escaping through his pores.
My client had nausea, because his stomach was upset. Although he wanted to kiss his father goodbye, he couldn't and rushed out the room.
But he did not say this to anybody, because father was dead after a very short time. As a son he felt very guilty--as though he had disgusted his father.
Thus being a heavy smoker and smelling badly, was a way of punishing himself !
It has been 10 years that his father died and my client has been a heavy smoker ever since..
Every family member was thinking that he loved his father so much and he was smoking because he was very sorry for his loss. The core issue, of course, was that he was smoking because he disgusted his father near his death and now he was punishing himself that way !
Even though my father was disgusting with that smell.......
Even though I couldn't kiss my father goodbye because of the smell...
My disgusting father....
Bad smelling father....
It took us about 90 minutes in one session and he quit smoking right then--throwing his last pack in the garbage box.
Of course he is continuing tapping.
What is most important, however, is that he now feels good because he got over that feel of guilt, which he did not recognise before, but was disturbing him at a subconscious level. He told me that he feels like feather in fresh air, very free now...
Inci Erkin, MD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.