- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note how Tim Watts from the UK achieves success by collapsing his client's links to smoking. This is a good idea with many uses.
Kate rushed in through the clinic door, late and flustered having just sucked on what was to be her last cigarette. She sat down, made a call to her office to say she'd be out for the afternoon, dusted herself down, rearranged her bag, her suit jacket, her hair, and then was finally ready to begin the session (we had conducted the initial consultation by phone prior to the session). I guessed she was pretty anxious from the way she entered and asked her if she was ready to stop smoking, her reply:
Kate: I don't know; I just don't believe that a whole load of tapping can make me stop. It just isn't scientific enough to me. Can you explain more to me?
Tim: We will be working with your meridian system, much like an acupuncturist does, to balance you out, if you like, whilst focusing on the topic of smoking, so that by the end of the session, any unconscious cravings will be removed from the body or mind and you won't feel the need to smoke in certain situations.
Kate: No, you don't understand I need science!!
Tim: Do you want to stop smoking?
Tim: Right, well let's give it a go, if it doesn't work, I'll not charge you for this session. OK?
We were both a little flustered by this point so I began the session with the Collar Bone Breathing Technique. Not only was this taught to me to use with any addictions session, but also I find that I am very connected to the client after this, like a very good rapport builder.
As I've been taught, we begin by picking out situations that Kate could remember smoking (starting with most recent), rating the level of craving at the time, tapping through very basic set up statements such as:
Even though I have this pool table and smoking feeling… (Kate could vividly picture smoking heavily in her local pub playing pool).
Even though I have this alcohol and smoking feeling… (Kate regularly smoked when she drank alcohol)
We tapped the full sequence many times, and then I asked her each time to bring up the memory she had of smoking in each scenario, and much to her surprise she could not access the same image or feelings at all.
I started to laugh, remembering a scene with Dr Carrington in one of the videos where Gary says something like, "Can you handle that PhD!?" … after she was trying to work out the costing of paper for handouts/booklets.
Kate was looking very confused, and also started to laugh, repeating things like "How!?" and "That’s not possible!" We continued the session till the end, keeping the sequences very basic until we had covered past incidents and also future incidents that she could bring up where she felt she would smoke, and collapsed each individually. This lasted just under 2 hours.
It is worth noting that by the end of the session, the lines on her face seemed to disappear, she looked fresh, relaxed, contented. Something's working, I thought. Kate left the clinic with homework to tap on any cravings that came up, and to tap in: I choose to be a joyful non-smoker, each day.
Two weeks later Kate came back for her follow up appointment. I could not get over the change in her appearance, her skin was radiant, hair shining, her eyes were this beautiful blue colour. Colleagues had noticed the change too! WOW! And yes, she hadn't even thought of picking up a cigarette.
Kate would often go outside with clients to smoke during a court case, to bond with and get any other info that may be helpful in court, and she feared that it may affect her success at work if she could couldn't do this … she still goes outside with them, but just doesn't feel the need to smoke with them to bond. Kate was blown away by the treatment and is still a Joyful Non-Smoker!
So, even though I had a very skeptical Kate to work with, EFT still worked for her! Truly remarkable, I'll never forget that session with her. I am so grateful to have learned this simple, effective healing tool. Any newcomer to EFT reading this, I urge you to buy the DVD's, study them hard, and get involved. You have found something that really works when nothing else will.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.