- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Using EFT With "The Secret"
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- Core Issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Using EFT
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Why do people resist EFT?
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- Headache relief over the phone
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- EFT Question Tapping
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Finding the root of the problem
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- Try fork bending with EFT
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- About Voice Technology...
- EFT and sex
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- Tuning in to the problem
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- Let it be easy
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- It is your response that counts.
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- Tapping along with a prayer
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- Feeling and observing emotions
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Methods for working with pain
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- A Conversation With Your Body
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Blending NLP with EFT
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Tap and be rich
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Tapping for the United Nations
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- EFT enhances many things
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- Further bridges to our history
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- Tapping with tunes
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- The Inner Committee
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- New Uses for EFT
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many successes doing
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Does EFT compete with God?
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- After EFT, Kay
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- Breaking habits
- Relaxing a dying man
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Including the word
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT relieves an unusual
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Combining EFT with Humor
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Being Specific
Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Deborah Miller PhD from Mexico gives us a very detailed and creative look at how to help someone with procrastination issues. Note how she discovers many aspects and core issues and then insightfully collapses them with EFT.
I had the pleasure of working with a woman with serious procrastination problems. She procrastinates all the time because she doesn’t know where to begin. We focused on cleaning and organizing her room. During the sessions we released core beliefs acquired from her perfectionist mother and judgmental father.
Later, she spoke about how it was easy for her to take care of her garden. We decided to treat her room as her garden so she could begin tending it with the same care and precision she uses in her garden. Isn’t it fun to take something we know how to do well and apply it to areas where we feel stuck? Now she is applying the same technique at her new job and enjoying how much easier it is to learn new things and take on new tasks.
Deborah Miller, Ph.D.
Nancy has a serious problem with procrastination. She can’t even get started much less finish something. She says she gets tangled up, starts too many things at once and then gets overwhelmed so she doesn’t accomplish anything.
The day we did the session she wanted to clean her bedroom, which included hanging up her clothes, unpacking a suitcase from a trip the week before, cleaning off the dust on the windowsills, and making the bed. She wanted to make the bed first, but got up hung up when she saw the stuff she needed to put away and she didn’t know where it should go.
She went into her procrastination mode, sitting down and looking at the mess or going to another room. She doesn’t understand this because cleaning your room is not rocket science. She knows how to do all the things she has to do, so she gets angry and frustrated.
The first round included:
I can’t clean my bedroom.
I feel overwhelmed, frustrated.
I can’t do it.
It’s not that hard.
It’s only my old training.
Being free to choose what I want to do first.
It doesn’t matter what item I choose to do first.
Freedom to choose.
At this point a memory about wanting to please her parents came up. She always looked for ways to please them but never found them. She felt sad. We continued with: Sadness,
Pleasing my parents
Never being able to do so
Nothing was right
They never explained what they wanted
Just what they didn’t want
Not feeling good enough
After completing the first round, she remembered being a little girl sitting on the edge of her bed. She loved daydreaming so was content to sit there in her dream world. She got in trouble, a spanking, because she was supposed to be getting ready for church but was sitting and thinking. Her mother was a perfectionist and her father judgmental. She made the comment that she didn’t have time to be perfect like her mother was (meaning she was a working mother).
In the second round we continued with phrases such as:
Even though this little girl was supposed to be doing something else, getting ready for church, but she liked daydreaming, it was fun. It felt good. It felt much better than getting spanked for not getting ready.
I still love that little girl. She is a good girl. She likes her imagination. It’s much more fun than getting ready for church or cleaning her bedroom.
Even though she’d prefer thinking, her parents thought otherwise. They had a different agenda.
They didn’t understand her and she was too young to be able to explain.
I forgive the little girl in me and my parents.
We didn’t understand each other.
The spanking hurt. I didn’t deserve it.
I was just thinking and enjoying life. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
I tried so hard to be perfect. To do everything right, just like my mommy did.
But I couldn’t. I wasn’t like her. I was different. I was special.
It’s OK to be different. I release that old pain. We were learning even if we didn’t do it so well.
I was scared of doing things wrong, of not doing things the way my mom wanted them done, so I didn’t do them at all.
Now I feel stuck. I can’t get started, because I might do it wrong.
I don’t want to do it wrong. So I don’t. I don’t do anything. I don’t get started.
When we finished tapping she stated that the key phrases felt so right. She could see herself as the little girl on bed, but she felt bigger, and she wasn’t sucking her thumb, something she did into adulthood. She could see the house they lived in at that age. Her mom was always working on the house, always cooking or cleaning. Her dad would say something once and no one argued with him.
In the third round, we tapped on her being a little girl in that house. Some phrases were:
My mom was always cooking and cleaning. She was always busy.
She never had time for me, she was too busy making the house perfect, but forgetting about me.
Dad was there, I only remember that he would say something once, and that was it.
That overly organized house. No wonder I don’t want to clean my room.
They were trying to be perfect and now I am too.
But I’m not perfect.
I don’t do things like my mom, my kids don’t listen to me like I listened to my father.
I choose to forgive myself for thinking all these years that I have to be my parents.
I choose to be free to have fun, to play, to work, to organize, to not organize, whatever I want.
I don’t have to be perfect. I don’t have to please my parents. I can do things my way.
I am capable.
The order I do things may be different but I always complete them and I do them well.
After this round, she mentioned her dad used to make her get ice cream out of basement. It was scary. He was trying to make her brave but it didn’t work. She was probably 6 years old at the time. Some phrases we used were:
My dad made me go in the basement to get the ice cream.
It was scary down there. The freezer was in the corner, the far corner.
I didn’t like going down there alone. I didn’t know what I’d find. I thought something was down there. I was terrified to go alone, but my dad made me.
It made me scared and I wanted to get angry, but you didn’t do that with my dad.
There were no options. If he said get ice cream you did. I was so scared. I wanted him to go with me, but he wouldn’t. I was just a little girl. It was such a big basement and so dark.
After the round she mentioned that her dad would never let her win at cards. She could never win. We tapped:
My dad was competitive even with his kids, I’m afraid to win, to step forward, afraid to win, to step forward because if I do, then I might beat dad. That isn’t allowed.
It makes sense that I can’t get things done, that would mean that I win.
I accept that I can win. It doesn’t mean my dad has to lose. We can both win. I choose to be a winner.
I choose to accomplish things. I choose to decide what and when to do things.
At this point Nancy saw a peach-rose color. Upon questioning she remembered that it was the color of her room when she was the little girl sitting on the bed. She mentioned that her dad was 6 ft 4 in. When she was scared of him he seemed very big. She also remembered her mother being angry with her when she threw up on the hardwood floor. She felt so guilty. Her mother had just cleaned it.
This round we tapped: anger, punishment, that it wasn’t a game (to be sent to the basement) it was punitive.
Then I included some phrases about cleaning her room such as:
Never been successful before.
Why should I think I’ll be successful now?
Because I let go of the past, I’m a perfect chooser.
I’m open to being successful, starting now, even if that only means I clean half my room today.
I choose how much I want to do, what order.
I choose to successfully clean my room. I am a success.
That was the end of the first session.
In the second session we did a lot of chasing the pain, or in this case chasing the procrastination. I won’t include the details but overall information. We tapped on other issues about her father, her own so-called inappropriate behaviors as seen from a child’s point of view, dating, relationships, sex was messy, belief that her mother didn’t have sex because it was too messy and dirty, how this led her to believe that she could do something better than her perfectionist mother, even if it was messy.
That led us to look at how her house is messy too. She did the opposite of her mother whether healthy or not. She realized that messy symbolized emptiness and confusion while orderly symbolized there was never confusion.
Then we got into some details about her mother. Her mother was so clean that when she was a baby, her mother would take off her pinafore and repress it while she slept. She would wash her shoelaces. Nancy mentioned that her little one only had on a diaper. She is still being the opposite of her mother. We tapped on the following:
I was being the opposite of her, because it was impossible to be like her.
So now my house is mess, my room is mess, my desk is messy, part of my life feels messy. I am mess.
I so wanted to be the opposite of my mother that I can’t get anything done.
I don’t even know where to begin.
It’s OK to be me. To do things my way.
Now I choose to let go of these old beliefs that I have to be the opposite of my mom, and that I need to be messy to get attention, that if you are too orderly you don’t give your children the attention they need.
I am loveable, just as I am. It doesn’t matter if I remember some of those details. They are just details.
I choose now to focus on what makes me happy. I am happy socializing, gardening, writing, cooking and entertaining, and content cleaning my house.
I am able to clean my house. I know exactly where to begin. I begin. It gets easier every time I clean.
We discussed housecleaning and her not knowing where things need to go, what their proper place is, and how to be organized. Her daughter, who came to help her organize one day, could be ruthless when deciding where things go, all without emotion, as if there is a system. Whereas Nancy attaches emotion to things; how do you know if it goes in this pile, or that pile, maybe it should go over there. She has lots of little things in her room whereas her mother was a minimalist. Again Nancy is being the opposite of her mother.
So we tapped on: knowing how to separate items … clean out … organize … being able to do this … doing an experiment …
Placing an art figure in the center of the bureau … then looking at it over the next few days … let myself feel if that is the right place … the best place.
If it is, that is wonderful … If it isn’t; I am free to move it to the left side of the bureau. Then observe it and see how that feels.
I can make the decision at any point, of where is the best place.
I start to choose the best places for things … the best order to do things.
I choose to start with what I know.
I asked Nancy what she felt she could do and what she knew how to do and she responded, “Hang up my clothes.” So we started with that.
I hang up my clothes. I know where the best place is for them. I consistently hang up my clothes.
I feel good that I do that. It shows that I can make a decision.
I do not procrastinate because I know where they go. It feels good to put them there.
I like being orderly with clothes. It is a great place to begin.
I hang up my clothes every day. That shows me that I can get my room in order.
I like hanging up my clothes.
It is a great symbol of my progress, of knowing where things go, of doing what I want to do. So I do it with joy.
I had her hang up a shirt and asked her how it felt. She said "Good."
After this round, Nancy mentioned that she has a garden. She is good at organizing it. It was in bad shape when she moved into her house. She started pruning and digging, then planting flowers etc. With a little time she got it in a great shape.
So I suggested that she do the same with her room; think of it as a garden. Think of how she got the garden in shape, then compare her room to the garden, pick items that would represent pruning, digging, watering, etc.
We tapped a bit on how that would be.
My room is like my messy garden was.
I got it in shape. I can get my room in shape.
I imagine things in my room as parts of my garden.
I start with one corner just like in the garden.
I get it cleaned up. I prune, add soil, water.
I pick up, arrange and clean up. I throw things out that are waste.
I arrange things.
I see it becoming beautiful like my garden.
I let its beauty shine.
I tend my room like I tend my garden, with tender care, patience and love.
She was excited about organizing her room.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.