- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- Discovering "core scenes"
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Self acceptance without judgment
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Using EFT With "The Secret"
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Core Issues
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Using EFT
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Why do people resist EFT?
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- Headache relief over the phone
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- About Voice Technology...
- EFT and sex
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- EFT Question Tapping
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Finding the root of the problem
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- Try fork bending with EFT
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Methods for working with pain
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- Tuning in to the problem
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- Let it be easy
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- It is your response that counts.
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- Tapping along with a prayer
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- A Conversation With Your Body
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Blending NLP with EFT
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Tap and be rich
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Tapping for the United Nations
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- Tapping with tunes
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- EFT enhances many things
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- Further bridges to our history
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- After EFT, Kay
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- The Inner Committee
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- New Uses for EFT
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many successes doing
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Does EFT compete with God?
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Combining EFT with Humor
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- Breaking habits
- Relaxing a dying man
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Including the word
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT relieves an unusual
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Articles & Ideas
Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This 5 part series by organization expert, Figen Genco, should be of interest to many.
Part 1: Hoarding
I define “organized” as having easy-to-use-and-maintain systems which enable productivity and serenity. These systems are applied to both possessions and activities. Over the years, I’ve witnessed five extreme behavior patterns which cause people anxiety in relation to getting and being organized. The five extreme behaviors which get in the way of calm and functional people and spaces are:
- Impulse Shopping
- Chronic Disorganization
- Excessive Organizing
Please keep in mind that I am NOT a licensed healthcare provider. My main resource is my own experience from working with people and my research in the related fields on my findings. Take responsibility for your applications of the insights I provide and seek medical help with licensed health providers. Severe conditions of some of these intense behaviors might have fatal effects such as in extreme cases of hoarding.
Hoarding and EFT
I am not in favor of categorizing people. For the sake of easier flow in my articles, I will use the terms that are readers are familiar with such as “hoarder.” I believe that no matter how many differences we see from outside, originally we are all the same inside.
Certain inner and outer conditions cause people to act in a certain way and this is how people are labeled and categorized under a variety of headings. During my work with clients, we first address the way they see themselves. Most of the time they use labeling expressions such as “I am a packrat,” “I am a mess” and “I can never be organized.”
And a popular question is “Am I the worst?” These kinds of labels may be self-applied or adopted from other people’s comments about the person. These labels cause hopelessness and giving up on self as well as constituting excuses not to work on changing the behavior or the situation.
Hoarder, sometimes referred to as packrat in daily language, might be used to describe a wide range of people from someone whose collecting behavior is considered normal in some societies to a person who collects so much that the life in that dwelling becomes unlivable due to safety hazards and lack of space.
“IN ALL GOD'S WORKS the laws of beauty are wrought out in vanishing portrayals, in birth and death. In these there is no hoarding, but an ever fresh creating, and eternal flow of life from the heart of God.” George MacDonald
“Many people think that by hoarding money they are gaining safety for themselves. If money is your ONLY hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security that a person can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. Without these qualities, money is practically useless.” Henry Ford
“We have a lot of love, and when I asked myself how I could be of greatest service to my community - of maximum benefit to the people around me - it's not by hoarding what I have; it's by sharing.” Andre Braugher
Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines “hoard” as “a supply or fund stored up and often hidden away”. The word comes from Middle English hord, from Old English; similar to Gothic huzd treasure, Old English hydan to hide.
Knowing when reserving becomes “a compulsive behavior which negatively affects the other areas of one’s life” marks the difference between saving and hoarding. Hoarding involves the accumulation and inability to let go of possessions to the point that living areas can no longer be used for their intended purposes. Hoarding is currently categorized as an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Hoarders don't just save things, but constantly acquire new stuff - in severe cases to such a substantial degree that it interferes with functioning and safety.
Typical Signs of Hoarding Behavior
- Accumulating printed material such as newspapers, magazines, mail, books.
- Saving unusable things such as broken irreparable items and rusty nails.
- Having difficulty eliminating things with the fear of losing something important.
- Keeping detailed records of things that are not necessary or valid anymore.
- Saving excess amounts of recyclable items.
- Purchasing large quantities of goods in case of emergency and never using them.
- Acquiring items of little or no value and having difficulty getting rid of them.
- Checking the trash.
- Acquiring so much that living space becomes unlivable.
Why do some people become hoarders?
As with many other compulsive behaviors, hoarding behavior is generally an emotional reaction to a previous trauma either experienced by the people themselves or learned and developed behavior pattern because of a parent, relative or a nation who lived through the trauma. Because the resulting behavior is caused by an emotion, it can be addressed with EFT.
Emotions related to hoarding
- trying to make decisions on what to let go
- thinking about letting go
- attempting to let go
DEPRESSION from embarrassment
- being surrounded by items
- the amount of items
- someone approaching their possessions
- losing something
- not having enough
Even though I don’t know why I keep trying to save everything, I am open to the possibility of deeply and completely accepting myself.
Maybe this is because of what I learned from my grandparents / parents who lived through the war times. They didn’t have enough and sometimes they had nothing. And they created many uses from little that they owned.
They had to keep most of what they had in case they were never able to have it again.
Maybe I can see that I live in a different time now. Maybe I can seek to understand them and appreciate what they tried to pass onto me but I don’t need to do what they did.
Times have changed. I live in a different time/ country. I forgive myself for blindly trying to imitate their behavior.
Even though I feel so guilty if I throw out something that could be used for something else such as a plastic container...
I give myself permission to let go off plastic containers, jars and plastic bags from grocery stores. How many might I need anyway? It seems like I already have many years supply of these items.
Maybe if I can recycle them, I won’t feel guilty of letting go of a perfectly fine jar or plastic bag.
Recycling or giving them to thrift stores might help with my guilt for not saving them and also causing damage to the planet.
Even though I feel very ashamed to ask for help with my house because it is filled with mixed stuff - clothes, toys, things, paper, food, pet hair and trash, I will consider accepting myself.
I am so embarrassed that I can’t even call a handyman to get the broken things fixed. And because I can’t get things fixed, it gets worse.
When I have a plumbing problem, I can’t use my sink. Then I can’t clean. Then everything gets dirtier. It is a downward spiral.
Maybe I can just accept the situation as it is and get help before everything gets even worse. Whatever point I stop at is better than going any further like this.
I pray to find the help I need. I love myself for coming to this decision. I am looking forward to the days I can open up my curtains again.
Even though my parents are packrats, maybe I should stop judging them and try to find a way to help them without making them scared of the process.
I am open to see that this is a type of emotional illness and I can’t be angry with someone because they are sick. I will try to find a compassionate way to help them.
I might need help myself since seeing them living like that makes me depressed.
Even though I feel overwhelmed with all the things around my house…
Sometimes I feel that I can’t breathe. All these things in my house are breathing my air and I am suffocating.
I would like to stop bringing in more. I would love to be able to reclaim my space and my air.
I pray to surface the reasons behind my behavior. I choose to find help. I love myself for seeing and accepting that something is wrong. Looking for and asking for help is the correct decision.
I forgive myself for waiting this long. Maybe I can tap to be able to breathe first. I love myself.
Professional Organizing/Feng Shui/EFT
Part 2: Impulse Shopping
While working with my clients, we often come upon items with tags attached. They don’t recognize the items. They can’t remember buying them. We know that they are not gifts because we frequently find them in the bags in which they were brought home, complete with the receipts. In some cases the bags don’t even make it into the house. They are in the garage where they are left right after unloading the car and stay there until I unearth them. Many boxes coming from TV and Internet shopping are left unopened as well. Unless a purchase is made because of a real need, it is not even remembered. The real reasons for these purchases are deep down and emotional.
Here is a list of reasons for impulse shopping that I discovered while working with my clients and through making observations of other people’s shopping habits.
- Feeling Lonely
- Feeling Isolated
- Feeling Scared and In Panic
- Seeking Approval and Wanting to Belong
- Feeling Inadequate
- Feeling Empty
- Feeling Unworthy
- Low Self-Esteem
- Fear of Missing an Opportunity
Marketing companies have many tricks up their sleeves to use the weaknesses of buyers. Both physical and virtual stores are set up to exploit the vulnerability of the consumers and lead them to a certain behavior. For example, in the supermarkets, the eye level shelves are filled with the most expensive products of the kind in that particular area. In virtual stores - web stores - the products are categorized under big umbrellas so that shoppers are exposed to more products than they were planning to see or buy.
“If users search for a specific product, say DVD players, they only see DVD players. However, when they click through the hierarchy of the site, they are seeing the breadth of the products available,” states User Interface Engineering, in Bradford, MA on their E-Commerce White Paper.
When people see other things, they get distracted and end up buying something they don’t actually need. This study also shows people’s tendency to buy things which are on their way to the targeted product. For example one subject ends up buying the sweater she sees near the entrance on her way to the shoes which are at the back of the store.
Impulse shopping gives the quick rush of a small accomplishment or fulfillment, which in most cases doesn’t even last until the person or the product reaches home. This superficial sense of short-lived joy is then quickly replaced with feelings of guilt, regret, embarrassment and overwhelm originating from financial and spatial concerns.
EFT can be used successfully when the urge occurs just as it is used for addictions when the cravings show up. Furthermore, EFT can be applied to find out what is causing this impulsive behavior and what void people are trying to fill in by “buying”. After this is identified, EFT can address the core of the problem to eliminate the behavior permanently.
Here are some EFT set-up phrases in the beginning stages of addressing to this behavior.
Even though I feel drawn to the merchandise on my way and I get distracted and start wasting time and money on those, I choose to accept myself anyway. I love and forgive myself for not being able to resist. Maybe if I make a written list rather than going shopping with a vague list in my mind, it might work better.
I forgive myself for making lists but not sticking with them sometimes. When I end up buying things which are not on my list, I am actually letting others make my buying decisions. I might think I make the decision myself because of a superficial reason as discounted prices. However if I find that things hang in the closet never worn most of the time when I make these kind of purchases maybe I should reconsider my behavior pattern and work on changing what doesn’t seem to work. I forgive myself for letting others decide what I should be buying.
Maybe if I keep everything I pick on an impulse separately in my cart, I can go through them again before I finalize my purchase. This still saves time of returning them later on and space in my home which I am trying to de-clutter.
If I stop going into the stores which are not on my list, it might help me. I love myself anyway.
Even though it is really hard for me to resist sometimes, I choose to work on my pattern. Maybe, whenever I reach for something I didn’t really go to the store for, I can write it down on a list rather than buying it. Then when I go home I can look at my list and decide if I really need those items. If I am sure about something, I can transfer it to a new list and before I shop again I can cross off the items that I don’t think I need. I congratulate myself for deciding to work on this!
Even though I can’t stop myself from buying things that I don’t need, I am open to the possibility of accepting myself and working on my behavior. Maybe I won’t take credit cards with me and just carry the cash I need until I unlearn yielding to the temptations. This might be especially helpful at times when I know that I will end up with a lot of things that I don’t need - such as big sales. I choose to keep working at it instead of feeling guilt and hopeless.
Whenever I feel like shopping for no reason, I will go for walk, dance or write to someone I am long due to write. I love myself for trying to find another constructive and happy activity to replace impulse shopping.
You can work with an EFT practitioner to be able to properly identify and address the deeper roots of this unproductive and destructive habit.
Professional Organizing/Feng Shui/EFT
Part 3: Chronic Disorganization
NSGCD (National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization) describes chronic disorganization as "Having a past history of disorganization in which self-help efforts to change have failed, an undermining of current quality of life due to disorganization, and the expectation of future disorganization." The NSGCD also identifies a variety of causes for Chronic Disorganization: Addictive Tendencies, Depression, ADD or AD/HD (Attention Deficit Disorder), TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury), Chronic Pain (from diseases such as Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, or Chronic fatigue), MS (Multiple Sclerosis), Alzheimer's Disease, Thyroid Dysfunction, OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) Hoarding Compulsion. Along with those physical and emotional reasons, spatial restrictions, poor time management skills, low self-image and going through grief are listed as other causes of chronic disorganization.
Gary Craig’s explanation, “The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body's energy system. And because our physical pains and diseases are so obviously connected with our emotions the following statement has also proven to be true. Our unresolved negative emotions are major contributors to most physical pains and diseases." So, we know that the many physical and emotional illnesses that are considered "causes" are actually symptoms or signs of other underlying issues. By using EFT these roots of the problems about chronic disorganization can be uncovered and addressed.
While working with chronic disorganization, some of these causes will be easy to identify because of the correlations in the meaning and location of the resulting disease - see Gary's Serious Disease DVD series for his work on correlations. On the other hand some cases might need more complicated EFT detective work. For example if we think the reason for disorganization is the pain from Fibromyalgia, we should find out why this disease showed up in the first place and address that.
If you think the reason for chronic disorganization is hoarding, please see my previous article on hoarding for the explanations and appropriate EFT phrases. If you are dealing with a diagnosed specific disease and you think that is the cause of the disorganization, search this website (emofree.com) for specific EFT phrases directly related to that particular problem. After that challenge is properly addressed, you can go to my previously published article, "9 Phases of Organizing with EFT" and continue working with that for the organizing related difficulties.
Below are some EFT phrases for two very common triggers; space and pain.
Even though I have tried again and again, I have found clutter creeping all over me in a short time…
I forgive myself for thinking that I am a failure. Maybe this dark, claustrophobic space is making me not want to stay around here too long, and I keep pulling my stuff from this room to the other areas of the house.
I will see if I can set up my office in area where I can get natural light, or change the lighting in this area and make this space more inviting. I love myself anyway.
Even though I have been trying hard to straighten up around here, every time I have to stop with this excruciating pain in my wrists/back/legs/arms…
I don't know if I am inviting the pain to stop the de-cluttering since I don't really want to work on it to begin with. My logic says I should, but it is so overwhelming. I forgive myself for the possibility of subconsciously inviting the pain.
Maybe if I have someone who can be with me during the process of de-cluttering; I might get distracted from what I am doing and prevent the pain showing up.
Even though I have so many different interests and I think I have to keep everything related to them…
I love to learn more and do everything I am involved with, but I admit that this chaos is driving me crazy. Most of the time, I can't get to my stuff that I want to work on. That's why I have so many unfinished projects and I feel like I accomplish nothing.
Maybe if I can bear with it and say goodbye to some of the things I am actually finished with, I might be able to open up space for my current interests. I don't think I will get back to collecting ____ any time soon again!
If I let that go, it gives me space for my ____ project. And if I organize the rest, maybe I can get to that book that I have been longing to write for so many years.
I love and forgive myself for fighting not to let go off all the things that were a part of my life once but obsolete now.
Figen Genco Professional Organizing/Feng Shui/EFT
Part 4: Perfectionism
Perfectionists are people who are taught to believe early in life that others value them because of what they accomplish - parental conditional love. This kind of false belief system sets up an unpredictable and open-ended standard for the believer. Because their self-value is entirely depended other people's approval, repeated experiences of disapproval creates a vicious cycle of lowering their self-esteem.
The self-esteem which operates on external standards also makes these people overly- sensitive and vulnerable. Since pleasing everyone and being “perfect” in other people’s standard are almost impossible; the perfectionist then becomes either a workaholic while trying to be the best, or paralyzed with fears of failure and success. If this kind of thinking is not addressed, a procrastinating behavior develops.
Procrastinating behavior then triggers another downward spiral of negative thinking which creates other negative emotional and physical responses in the body such as self-dislike, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, eating disorders, and clinical depression.
Feelings of overwhelm, all-or-none thinking, and fear of failure also show up in these people’s environment as clutter and disorganization. Perfectionists are very difficult to please and they create a lot of stress and hardship for themselves as well as people within their proximity; family, friends, co-workers and employees.
Even though perfectionism is not officially recognized as a psychiatric disorder yet, extreme forms of perfectionism could be considered an illness because the distress and dysfunction leads to emotional, physical, and relationship problems, including depression, marital conflicts and even suicide.
A summarized list of emotions that are directly related to perfectionism are:
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of failure
- Fear of success
- Fear of making mistakes
- Fear of criticism
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling miserable
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Loss of control
Sample Phrases for non-severe cases:
Even though I believe that I will never have time to finish that project on time the way I want to...
I love and forgive myself for fretting about the details of the finished project and concentrating about all the things that might go wrong. Instead, I can think about what my first step is, and what I need to do to perform this first step.
Maybe if I create a list of steps to the finished project, and start thinking about how much time each step will take, this might help me see the small bites that I can swallow rather than scaring myself by envisioning gulping down the whole meal!
Thinking it this way, even gives me an appetite rather than that nauseating feeling I had before. I am already feeling better. I will make myself a reminder to think small bites! I love myself.
Even though I don’t think I can ever make my home look the way I want it to look and feel… I used to have no clutter and I was so organized.
After the loss of my father/ spouse/…; After having the surgery; After losing my job; After relocating; After the way he/she treated me all the years; After that terrible event; I started letting the clutter build up. I never understood how bad it could get.
I feel so ashamed especially thinking how clean and orderly my environment used to be before. I am open to the possibility of forgiving myself for letting this happen. I love myself for remembering how I used to be. I will work on it. I did it before. I can do it again!
Even though I have anxiety about thinking of my past failure, I choose to love and accept myself. Maybe if I can understand that IT was a failure not ME, it won’t hurt so much, and I won’t be so afraid.
Maybe I can word it carefully, saying - I have failed once/twice/three times… rather than thinking - I am a failure. No matter what, I am always I AM. If I can remember the Turkish saying, “If gold falls into trash, it is still gold”, which means it doesn’t lose its value.
I will remember not to personalize accomplishments and failures. They are just facts; I don’t need to attach emotions to them.
Even though I am so scared of being successful this time because then next time people will expect more of me…
Do I really want to build my life according to other people’s expectations of me?
Maybe I won’t feel so miserable if I stop trying to please others and do things the way I want to and am capable of doing. I love myself for figuring this out.
Professional Organizing/Feng Shui/EFT
Part 5: Excessive Organizing
"Excessively organized" is a term I use to refer to the situation when people are concerned with minor details that don't mean anything. I often see this situation as "organizing the clutter" because these people engage in ritualistic activities of gathering, sorting, cleaning and containing stuff, including information, which they do not need in the first place.
Even though some people operate this way because they are not aware of other ways to live; most do it as some type of OCD behavior to distract themselves from something else they do not want to face.
Wikipedia states; "The term anal-retentive (or anally retentive, anal retentive) derives from Freudian Psychology, describing a person overly uptight or distressed over ordinarily minor problems with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the so-called anal-retentive person."
It is easy to confuse overly- organized environments with healthy living preferences. Here are two examples:
1 Almost bare space - welcoming and warm (minimalist- a choice of living)
2 Almost bare space- cold and uninviting- nervous energy in the space (overly organized- trying to prove self or others something)
1 Closets and cabinets has containers, some drawers have dividers, things are easy to access and put away (organized- looks natural and functions easily).
2 Closets, cabinets, shelves filled with labeled orderly containers, dividers, gadgets - everything sparkles - guests are afraid to even breathe in the space (excessive organizing and looks like it is from a catalogue, functioning often is not permitted not to disturb the order).
The only way to quickly understand if a person over-organizes is to observe the person's behaviors and the way they talk and what they say. They would find a reason to show you inside a cabinet or closet. They would constantly brag about how much time they spend organizing and complain how their family members mess everything up.
If you are tuned in with the energy in your surroundings, you can also tell the nervous energy in the space. The place might look spotless and very orderly, but you won't feel comfortable being there.
If you live with one of these people, you will observe that unnecessary things are cleaned over and over again, contained, labeled, listed and organized. This repetitive process is complete waste of time and energy. In this case organizing is used as a distraction from emotional pain.
This pain might be caused by a variety of reasons from low self-esteem to filling a void, from the result of a traumatic event to suppressed grief. If this is you, or you are the one who want to help, trying to talk logic or getting upset about the behavior won't be helpful.
Rather than addressing the excessive organizing behavior, getting prepared to uncover the avoided emotion - grief, anger, sadness, etc; and gently addressing that emotion can be very helpful. When the core issue is found through EFT and delivered successfully, the excessive organizing behavior might disappear by itself.
If the person sees that there is a problem and accepts help; set up phrases directed towards the behavior itself might be:
Even though I keep buying organizing paraphernalia, and keep organizing things again and again, I don't feel I am organized enough. I choose to accept the way I am first and see what I can do to change it.
Even though I think organizing to perfection will make me happy, I don't seem to be happy. I want others to see my organization and tell me how wonderful I am. It seems like just doing the action itself is not enough for my happiness, I need an audience to appreciate what I create.
Even though when others see and say how organized I am, it makes me happy for a short time, but when they leave I feel that it is not enough, and that I need to do more. Maybe it is time to ask myself why I can't be satisfied with myself. Who am I trying to please?
These 5 extreme behaviors may overlap from time to time. You will see a perfectionist while you watch someone trying to get organized over and over again. As I mentioned at the beginning of the series, there are no categories that one person can fit. We all have done this behavior or that in a certain time. The trick is to catch yourself before diving too deep in it, and look at the core and ask yourself "What am I trying to escape from?" "What is my gain by acting like this?"
It doesn't matter "why" it happened and "who" caused it. It matters that you recognize it, acknowledge it, and accept the responsibility of healing yourself. Nobody can heal you but YOU. We, the practitioners, healers, or whatever the name you want to give, are only there to guide you and facilitate healing. You have the POWER to heal yourself. And when you do that, the whole world heals with you!
Professional Organizing/Feng Shui/EFT
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.