- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Using EFT With "The Secret"
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- Core Issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Using EFT
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- EFT for the Inner Child
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- Why do people resist EFT?
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- Who do YOU think you are?
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Headache relief over the phone
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT Question Tapping
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Finding the root of the problem
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- Try fork bending with EFT
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- About Voice Technology...
- EFT and sex
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- Tuning in to the problem
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- Let it be easy
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- It is your response that counts.
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- Tapping along with a prayer
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- Methods for working with pain
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- A Conversation With Your Body
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Blending NLP with EFT
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- Tapping for the United Nations
- How to tap into the
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Tap and be rich
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- EFT enhances many things
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- Further bridges to our history
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Tapping with tunes
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- Did Mary
- The Inner Committee
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- New Uses for EFT
- Many successes doing
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- Does EFT compete with God?
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- After EFT, Kay
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- An EFT Procrastination case
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- Breaking habits
- Relaxing a dying man
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- EFT relieves an unusual
- Including the word
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Combining EFT with Humor
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Articles & Ideas
EFT Question Tapping
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Gary Williams from the UK describes for us a useful approach for bringing up core issues and getting down to specifics.
Part 1: Description
The Emotional Freedom Techniques are evolving all the time with many successful and exciting additions added to the process, including the Choices method by Pat Carrington and other inspirations. I am currently working with a new antidote to tail-enders that can be incorporated within the normal EFT process.
First of all what are tail-enders? You may recall such great self-help books as “You can Heal your Life” by Louise Hay. The book has a wealth of useful information; indeed that particular book started my own journey of self-discovery. Featured heavily in the book is a popular approach to self help using affirmations for personal change. The process is positive and useful to a point but sometimes working with affirmations in this way can be hard work and appear not to work so well. Most of you reading this article have probably tried positive affirmations, and the results may have been mixed. Why is this?
It is because of what Gary Craig calls the "yes-buts" that can subtly follow the affirmation. We also call them "tail enders" and they play an important role in how our lives unfold. What we are saying is that a positive affirmation may run up against your conscience and then that is when your unconscious mind knows that you are actually fibbing. Affirmations can be helpful if repeated often enough and for long enough but they're really not that impressive in the final analysis.
An example of such an affirmation would be: "I weigh 120 pounds." (when you actually weight 180 pounds)
This is Gary Craig’s thoughts on the issue of affirmations: "(Often) affirmations seem to be ineffective only because there is a missing piece to the affirmation process that has gone mostly unrecognized. It has to do with what is actually affirmed. This is often not the affirmation that is stated. In fact, it is frequently the opposite. Our affirmations are impressive in their ability to shape our lives. If we simply listen to our own self talk we will hear glowing evidence of this. Our self talk contains constant affirmations regarding our existing beliefs and attitudes. So does our every day conversation. These affirmations have brought us to our current status in our lives and confined us. To truly harness the power of affirmations, we must make sure that the actual affirmations that are taking effect are the ones we want. Therein lies our major challenge and an indispensable use for EFT."
The mind is a pretty powerful instrument and when hearing affirmations your unconscious mind would respond appropriately and find a way to punish you, often through some form of self-sabotage. So to deal with the tail-enders we have to insert an antidote into an EFT statement to neutralise this issue.
In trying to neutralise the tail-ender, I would like to make my own personal contribution to the solution, a process that I think fits somewhere between Gary Craig’s “I accept myself” statement and Pat Carrington’s Choices method. The problem with affirmations is that they are only statements and until your mind accepts them as a statement of fact, they have very little or polarizing (opposite effect) power.
If you have a thought in your mind with emotion … often enough and long enough ... you will eventually believe it. We may come up with generalizations such as: Rich people are greedy, Life is hard, policemen are always … and we can all brainwash ourselves in this way and create a way of thinking about ourselves and our world that may not be true in reality but seem to be true for us in our own distorted view. How can we get past this kind of self-sabotage?
The answer is to utilise questions! As you work with the incredible power of the human mind you will find that one of its great strengths is that it loves to solve, and feels compelled to solve questions. I have captured this power and combined it into an EFT statement. I call this new process Question Tapping or EFT QT.
When I first started to use Question Tapping (EFT QT) with clients and students, the difference was profound and everyone reported having a different kind of feeling or energy when using the process. Question Tapping is more investigative, motivating, honest, self-validating and real. There is nothing fake or incongruent about EFT QT. It's a strategy for achievement.
Here are just a few examples to give you some insight into the EFT QT process; more will follow as I work with this new approach:
"I choose to feel good."
"I choose to feel good about myself."
Question Tapping (QT)
"How can I feel good about myself?"
"Why do I feel good about myself?"
This is especially powerful because not only is it a question programming your mind to seek out reasons to feel good, but also contains the positive statement, that you feel good. When you ask yourself, "How can I feel good about myself" you're not trying to convince yourself of something you know is not true. Instead you're asking your mind to look for the positive and the USEFUL, and this will quickly change your focus and is the quickest route to change your feeling from bad to good.
It is true that just saying, "I feel good" or "I feel good about myself" can be effective if there's some truth in the statement. That is if you already feel good or at least okay, the positive statements will reinforce and heighten the good feeling. But conversely if you are feeling bad or depressed you will struggle to change your mood simply by repeating, "I feel good," because you are trying to convince your mind of something it knows is not true. Trying to convince yourself that something is true, when more often than not - it's not.
You are lying to yourself or deleting and generalising and this creates all kinds of problems in the mind. But when using Question Tapping you are setting in motion the mechanism for your brain to find and focus on the solution and enter into a reprogramming cycle to seek and believe things which are positive and useful to you.
More EFT Question Tapping statements:
Normal EFT Affirmation
"I choose to like myself."
"I choose to like myself just the way I am."
EFT Question Tapping (QT)
"What do I like about myself?"
"What can I change about myself so I like myself more?"
Normal EFT Affirmation
"I choose to be successful."
"I am successful just the way I am."
The dangerous thing about "I am successful just the way I am" is that you might actually succeed in making yourself believe it, and once you believe such a statement you're stuck because it takes away your motivation and drive. If you are convinced you're successful "just the way you are," you have no reason to better yourself and move forward.
EFT Question Tapping (QT)
"Why am I becoming more successful?"
"What can I do to make myself more successful?"
By the clever use of the word "more," it's telling your mind that you are already a success in some way, and then it's programming your mind to focus on using its enormous power to find and use ways to become even more successful.
This new process has so much potential and it fits neatly in with all the processes that we are currently using with EFT. Shortly, at the Mind Body Spirit festival in London, I will be conducting a trial with over one hundred and seventy people using EFT Question Tapping (EFT QT) and I will let you know how we all get on.
Try the process for yourself and ask yourself, "What powerful questions can I ask myself to change my life for the better?" See if you can feel the difference between the normal EFT process and Question Tapping.
Part 2: Followup
The response to the Question Tapping article has been amazing with a flood of emails asking a variety of important questions. One question that has come up in most emails is, “how do you do EFT QT?”
Hopefully I can give you some idea in the following article, but I am sure that you may discover other interesting ways to use EFT QT. I would be pleased to hear from you and how you have been getting on, so that we can develop EFT QT still further.
Amazingly some people have already started to use the process with what they have read and had great success. The response has made me realize how important the QT process is. Below I will give a more in-depth rundown on how EFT QT really works.
QUESTION TAPPING PART TWO
Let’s just start by reminding ourselves about some of the key concepts we discussed in the last article. First, as you work with the incredible power of the human mind you will find that one of its great strengths is that it loves to solve, and feels compelled to solve questions. So with Question Tapping we have captured this power and combined it into an EFT statement. Each of us has a unique set of mental filters through which we see the world. Information coming at us is "filtered" and either logged, deleted or changed. Questions help you to:
- Increase the odds that your messages get logged rather than deleted or changed and enable the self-discovery process
- Think rather than simply react to the situation
- Cause the "new brain" or neo cortex to light up.
If you were to look at a special brain scan, you'd see lots of lights flickering on and off suggesting a high level of brain activity. Some people prefer to think about the questions for a while - to reflect on them before answering. Interestingly, questions stimulate both the brain of the person asking the questions and the person being asked.
Asking a question and listening to the answers is just like playing catch. Questions can open doors you never thought possible and a question is really just an incomplete statement. Thus, we are compelled to "fill in the blanks" and in doing so complete the sentence. This process has so much potential and it fits neatly in with all the processes that we are currently using with EFT.
Working with Question Tapping
Using question tapping can be a challenge for those who have just been introduced to EFT and the basic recipe, as the process can work best when you feed off the client’s comments and declarations and as with normal EFT there is a need to be able to be spontaneous, reacting to your clients comments.
These things can only really be taught in a relevant EFT course or workshop and obtained through practise and experience. To be efficient at using Question Tapping you need to understand:
- Basic EFT
- What kinds of questions are needed?
- What the questions actually mean?
- How to use them efficiently and in the right order?
Normally we start with what could be called the highest level of question as the question deals with values (fun, freedom, love, authenticity). This is also the level where you define your mission in life, or what you could term as your own personal mantra.
The type of question we are referring to is the “Why” question. Asking this question means that you really have to connect to your inner self, and best of all to your feelings.
“Why” questions can be asked in many different ways but we should only use them to move the client on, and not get too stuck in past issues. We must acknowledge and connect to any feelings from the past and cut down the diseased or negative trees in the emotional forest. But with Question Tapping we are helping the client to develop more insights the same as we do with normal EFT but much faster and in a deeper way.
Some therapists are very focused on the “Why” questions and determining the “whys” of what the client did long before they present themselves for a treatment. Your client may have stories of abuse when they were younger and how they eat food just to feel comfort.
So “why was that client overweight?”
Was it “because she ate to feel comfort?”
Overeating is often associated with all sorts of feelings that people are trying to cover up, and the emphasis is usually on finding out “why” the person feels that way. As you work with your client they will share “their stories” as you look at the “whys” in their life:
Why are they frightened by authority figures?
Why are they nervous in crowds?
Why do they overeat?
When working at the why level, as said earlier we do need to work on some of the past issues but with Question Tapping we like to move the client in a future direction after working on the issues at hand. So once the past is reviewed we can move swiftly to future challenges, such as “what” and “how” things can be achieved.
You can do this with the traditional EFT basic recipe and you may just want to start with a global round on the weight issue: Even though I have this weight challenge… As you become more experienced with EFT you will be able to come away from the basic recipe and that will free you up to become more creative. After completing two or three rounds generically you can then move onto the “why”, “what” and “how” questions.
Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder why I can’t make things better for myself.
Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder why I can’t bring myself back to better health.
Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder why I can’t do today what I need to do to bring me closer to my goal.
Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder why I procrastinate.
We may use the why question to work with the past but we may also use “why” to conceive what is possible and achievable in the future and define goals.
Even though I need to lose weight I wonder why it is so important to me to lose weight.
Even though I need to lose weight I wonder why do I hesitate making a commitment to lose my weight.
By using the “why” questions we are using an authenticity check. We now need to move onto the next level, the “what” level.
When working with your client it is important to find out why your client may have the need to keep whatever the challenge is. Be certain that they are ready to let go of the challenge that they are presenting. Because in some cases if you take away an issue from them, they may find some other way of re-creating it, such as giving up smoking and then taking up eating large amounts of food.
Asking the following questions will help with any self defeating behaviour your client may have. Should they have any reversals the three-stage process below should help the client move forward. You may have to do a few rounds before the answers emerge from the subconscious. As the client works through all of the questions they may become aware of feelings and thoughts after tapping on one particular question, when this is so, move them on to part three below.
Part one – the “why” question. Start with tapping the karate chop point with the global statement below as this gets the ball rolling: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why. Now do a full round of the basic recipe, tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose the weight?
The top of the head point is situated on the governing vessel - GV20. In Chinese Medicine it is referred to as the hundred meetings point due to its significance as a major connecting and energy centre of the meridian network. In marma therapy - the original system for working with the points and energy channels of the body - it is used for controlling the mind and central nervous system. Some people also believe that if you tap the top of the head at the end of each round, the aura of the body lights up.
Part two - working on the reversals with “why”:
1) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why I am not completely ready. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
2) Deserve: Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why I don’t deserve to lose weight. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
3) Safety of self: Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why it’s not safe for me to lose weight. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
4) Safety of others: Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why it’s not completely safe for others. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
5) Fear: Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why I am scared to lose the weight. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
6) Being deprived: Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why I may feel deprived if I lose the weight. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
7) Taking action: Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why I am not doing what is necessary. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
8) Identity: Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I can’t lose weight, I wonder why I believe I may lose my identity if I get slimmer. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: Why can’t I just lose weight?
Second round: The “what” question.
After reaching new conclusions as to the drivers behind the behaviour we then look at what we can best do to deal with the issue. This next question questions the previous answers and will take the client even deeper.
1) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder what one thing is holding me back.
Tapping on all the points including the top of head: What is stopping me from losing weight?
2) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder what one thing is hindering me from becoming the person I could be today. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: What is stopping me from losing weight?
3) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder what untapped potential lies within. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: What is stopping me from losing weight?
4) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder what action I could take. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: What is stopping me from losing weight?
5) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder what price I am paying for this by keeping it. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: What is stopping me from losing weight?
6) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder what can I do today that will bring me closer to my goal. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: What is stopping me from losing weight?
Finally the third level is the “How” level:
"How” questions give you an understanding of the structure of the problem and the deeper motivations and thought processes that keep it in place.
1) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, issue, I wonder how I can influence myself and my world in a positive way. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: I wonder how.
2) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder how I could improve even just 10%. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: I wonder how.
3) Tapping the karate chop and repeating three times: Even though I have this weight issue, I wonder how I can be refreshed and recharged. Tapping on all the points including the top of head: I wonder how.
Here are some other creative examples by EFT Therapist Michael White:
Even though I need to lose weight I wonder How amazing am I ready to feel right now.
Even though I need to lose weight I wonder How does the Universe support me right now.
Even though I need to lose weight I wonder How can I make this easier.
As you work with the EFT QT process you will see that there is great power in asking a good question, especially when asked in the form of an inquiry.(An inquiry is a question you ask over and over, that does not necessarily have one "right" answer.) You may find meaningful change as you form your own seriously considered answer to a selected question. Any one response to any of these questions can have a powerful impact on your life.
Thank you for looking at Question Tapping. I am very interested in how you get on with EFT QT and welcome your emails so that I can share your thoughts and ideas with others.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.