- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Using EFT With "The Secret"
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- Core Issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Using EFT
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Why do people resist EFT?
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- Headache relief over the phone
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Finding the root of the problem
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- EFT Question Tapping
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- About Voice Technology...
- Try fork bending with EFT
- EFT and sex
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- Let it be easy
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- It is your response that counts.
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- Tapping along with a prayer
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- Feeling and observing emotions
- Methods for working with pain
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Tuning in to the problem
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- A Conversation With Your Body
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Blending NLP with EFT
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Tapping for the United Nations
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Tap and be rich
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- EFT enhances many things
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Further bridges to our history
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Tapping with tunes
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- The Inner Committee
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many successes doing
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- New Uses for EFT
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Does EFT compete with God?
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- After EFT, Kay
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- Breaking habits
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- Relaxing a dying man
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT relieves an unusual
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Including the word
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- Combining EFT with Humor
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- Being Specific
4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This series designed to help us with those clients who have difficulty accurately reporting their progress on a 0-10 intensity scale. While this procedure works well with most clients, there are some that report inaccurate numbers and thus handicap the EFT process. There are reasons for this, of course, and those reasons will be explored along with their solutions. The series is in 4 parts, as indicated below.
Helping clients with their 0-10 accuracy--Part 1
This first article involves "Julie", an attendee at one of my workshops. After doing 2 or 3 minutes of EFT on an intense SPECIFIC EVENT (an unwanted sexual advance), she reported that her intensity on a 0-10 scale went from a 9 to a 2.
That's progress, of course. It's one of our "one minute wonders".
However, she had one of those puzzled looks on her face that new clients often get when a major lifetime issue subsides in moments. Under these circumstances clients usually think things like....
"It's not supposed to happen that way" or
"Something is wrong here. I've been in therapy on this issue for many years with minimal success. It can't disappear that quickly."
These doubts get in the way of accuracy and frequently cause the client to report that "there's still some intensity left" when, in fact, there is none. I've learned this after years of experience and offer the following conversation I had with Julie as a way of generating a more accurate report.
Gary: How do you know you are a 2?
Julie: I don't know. That's just how it seems?
Gary: Do you have any physical sensations regarding that memory? That is, do you have a rapid heartbeat, sweaty hands, tightness in the throat, constriction in the stomach or anything like that?
Julie: I don't notice any.
Gary: Do you usually have physical reactions when that memory comes up?
Julie: Yes, I get a tight knot in my stomach.
Gary: Close your eyes and revisit that memory. Then tell me if you still have that knot.
Julie: (after a few moments) No....no knot. That's interesting.
Gary: Do you have any other physical sensations?
Gary: Is that unusual?
Gary: How do you know you're not a zero? [Note: this is an important question that I use frequently]
Julie: Well, maybe I am a zero. I've never been at zero on this memory before so I don't really know what that is like.
Gary: Is your current reaction to that memory any different than recalling a time when you fell off your bicycle or stubbed your toe?
Julie: Not really....but it should be. Maybe I'm expecting it to come back in ten minutes and so I reported a 2 just to leave room for that possibility.
Gary: Once we have had success with a SPECIFIC EVENT, it rarely comes back. However, I'm interested RIGHT NOW as to whether or not you are really a 2.
Julie: (smiling) I guess not. I must be at zero because I don't really have any charge on it. In fact, it seems kind of silly that I carried it around for so long.
Sometimes, of course, the client really is at the number they report and thus EFT should be reapplied until the intensity comes down further. However, it is worthwhile to be suspicious when clients report low numbers. Like Julie, they may be actually be at zero.
Helping clients with their 0-10 accuracy--Part 2
In this article I'll be exploring those instances where clients "switch aspects" without realizing it. In cases like these, they almost invariably mis-report their result. There are, of course, ways to handle this.
By way of explanation, It is common for EFT clients to collapse a bothersome SPECIFIC EVENT and then shift "behind the scenes" to (1) a related event and/or (2) a different emotion about that event (e.g. from anger to sadness). In the process they are unaware that the original SPECIFIC EVENT has been resolved because, to them, the related event/emotion is the same as the original one.
A perfect example of this occurred at a Borrowing Benefits workshop I conducted in Sacramento, CA. During the lunch hour I asked a young lady ("Sue") about her progress during the most recent group EFT session. The conversation went like this....
Gary: Did you make any progress on your SPECIFIC EVENT during that last session?
Sue: I went from 9 to 6.
Gary: Well....that's good but I'm wondering why it didn't go to zero.
Sue: I've had it for too long, I guess.
Gary: In my experience that doesn't have much to do with it. Usually, it doesn't seem to matter whether you've been carrying it around for 1 year of 5 decades.
Sue: Well, it's better than it was but I still have a 6 intensity about it.
Gary: Well....OK....but I'm curious. What was the "movie title" of your SPECIFIC EVENT?
Sue: "Rocks and Pants."
Gary: What does that mean?
Sue: When I was 8 years old my brother and his friends threw rocks at me and then pulled down my pants.
Gary: What about that bothers you the most? [Note: This wording is important because it is designed to bring up an important aspect that wasn't addressed--this is how we find out what the "6" is all about]
Sue: When I told my mother about it, she didn't believe me.
Gary: Was that part of the original mental movie?
Sue: No, that came after.
Gary: What was your emotional reaction to the "Rocks and Pants" event before you told your mother.
Sue: Fear. Those boys were much bigger than me. I was helpless. I've been wary of men ever since.
Gary: Please close your eyes and re-visit that "Rocks and Pants" event WITHOUT involving your mother's response.
Sue: (after a few moments) There doesn't seem to be any charge on THAT part.
Gary: So.....are you a zero on just the "Rocks and Pants" event?
Sue: I guess so.
Gary: Close your eyes and re-visit it more intensely and try to get yourself upset. Be sure you stay on that event and not the subsequent event with your mother....or any other event.
Sue: (after a few moments). There is no intensity at all.
Gary: Now say, "My mother didn't believe me."
Sue: "My mother didn't believe me."
Gary: Any intensity there?
Sue: Yes, that's still a 6.
Gary: OK. Here's something for you to consider. It appears to me that your original reaction to the "Rocks and Pants" event went from a 9 to 0 and, once that was resolved, your system switched to the new, but related, aspect of your mother's disbelieving response. That latter event was a 6 and has not yet been resolved. Thus, your original report of going from a 9 to 6 might be restated as going from 9 to 0 and THEN to a 6 on a new aspect. Does that seem accurate?
Sue: Yes, now that you bring it to my attention, I'm sure that's what happened.
Hope this helps.
Helping clients with their 0-10 accuracy--Part 3
This installment addresses 3 issues....
1. When clients are unsure of the 0-10 number to assign to their initial intensity.
2. When the client still cannot come up with an estimate.... OR .....you are part way through an EFT session and realize that you forgot to ask for an initial 0-10 intensity rating.
3. When the client has repressed their emotions so severely that they are unable to access any emotional intensity (and thus no 0-10 intensity rating).
Here they are in order....
1. When clients are unsure of the 0-10 number to assign to their initial intensity.
This sometimes occurs with "perfectionist" clients who have a built-in need for exactness and thus become uncomfortable when attempting numerical precision on what should be a mere estimate. It also occurs when clients have limited mathematical skills and, for others, it happens when they have been conditioned to, "Do it right .... or else!!"
Please note that precision is not critical in a 0-10 intensity rating. All we are looking for is a reasonable benchmark against which we can compare the client's intensity after doing EFT. The rating is subjective in nature and thus is not expected to be precise. In fact, the official name for this rating is known as Subjective Units of Distress (commonly referred to as SUDs).
Also note that it is not mandatory that we have an initial 0-10 intensity rating for EFT to provide its benefits. However, without it the EFT procedure may be hindered because we are missing a convenient benchmark by which we can evaluate our progress.
The solution here is to frame the original request as an estimate. This unloads the clients' self-imposed pressure to perform by removing all "requirements" for precision. For example, you might say...
"Just estimate your intensity on a scale of 0-10."
I have used this phrase many times and it is almost always effective.
2. When the client still cannot come up with an estimate.... OR .....you are part way through an EFT session and realize that you forgot to ask for an initial 0-10 intensity rating.
In these cases you can ask the client to simply "assign a 10" to the initial 0-10 intensity (even though it may not actually be a 10). Remember, all we are looking for is a reasonable benchmark and so an artificially assigned number like this will suffice. After the client assigns a 10 to the initial intensity then, as the EFT session progresses, you can ask....
"How is the intensity now compared to
the 10 you originally assigned to it?"
In most cases, the client is able to come up with a comparative number of 7 or 5 or 2, etc. and thus ease the process along.
3. When the client has repressed their emotions so severely that they are unable to access any emotional intensity (and thus no 0-10 intensity rating).
Repression is a form of self protection and it often suggests very severe emotional issues that seethe under the surface. This important subject has already been addressed on our web site. See How do you help a "non-feeling" client?
Love to all, Gary
Helping clients with their 0-10 accuracy--Part 4
This final installment in our recent series demonstrates a highly sophisticated use of EFT and should be studied in detail by serious students.
It centers around "Jane" who reported making no progress upon using EFT for a SPECIFIC EVENT at a Borrowing Benefits workshop . She said she went from a "10 to a 10" and immediately burst into tears.
I become suspicious when I hear reports like this because of the nearly 100% success we get when we apply EFT to appropriately reduced SPECIFIC EVENTS. "Why", I ask myself, "does this one fall flat when the rest of them resolve so easily?"
Thus, instead of concluding that "EFT doesn't work here", I explored behind the scenes to seek out the details. I started with the logical premise that Jane's SPECIFIC EVENT was either....
1. A SYMPTOM of a much deeper CORE ISSUE
2. It was too broad and/or too long and thus had many pieces to it. This often results in clients shifting from piece to piece (aspect to aspect) without realizing the important relief they are getting along the way. They usually report their 0-10 rating on the most recently accessed UNRESOLVED piece which, of course, is likely to be intense.
To assist with this exploration I submit below a re-creation of my conversation with Jane. Please note that we did some tapping along the way to resolve her problem. However, I'm leaving those details out because the real message in this article involves the detective work that was used to find the real issue.
Gary: What was your SPECIFIC EVENT?
Jane: My brother committed suicide by shooting himself. He didn't die right away and must have suffered for hours. His friends were in the next room and heard a noise but didn't realize it was a gunshot. They didn't try to help him.
Note: While this SPECIFIC EVENT could have had many aspects, I didn't go there because something else jumped out at me .... namely .... that she wasn't involved in this SPECIFIC EVENT.
Gary: Where were you at the time?
Jane: At home.
Gary: So, you weren't present at this event?
Gary: Well, correct me if I'm wrong but it appears to me that this SPECIFIC EVENT wasn't about you. You weren't even there. True?
Jane: Well....that's right. But, nonetheless, I have strong emotions about it. It's like it happened yesterday.
Gary: How long ago did it happen?
Jane: It's been 3 years and 2 months.
Gary: Wouldn't that normally be enough time for your intensity to have subsided to an easier-to-handle level?
Jane: (crying) You would think so...but this haunts me almost daily.
Note: We now have 2 big clues pointing to an unresolved CORE ISSUE. They are (1) Jane's SPECIFIC EVENT did not reduce at all (even though, typically, it should have) and (2) the normal passage of time did not diminished her intensity. So, I asked my favorite "get to the core issue" question.....
Gary: What does your brother's suicide remind you of?
Jane: (after a pause). My own suffering from a car accident 10 years ago. It was very serious and I was in the hospital for several months.
Gary: It was the suffering after the event that bothers you, rather than the actual accident?
Jane: Yes. It was agonizing pain. Nobody should have to go through that.
Gary: Including your brother?
Jane: Yes, he must have suffered terribly.
Gary: However, you weren't there during your brother's incident. You don't really know how much, if at all, he suffered. True?
Jane: You're right. I guess I'm assuming he had the same kind of pain I had.
Gary: So are you having all this current intensity because of suffering that you are not even sure existed?
Jane: (with a quizzical look) Apparently so. But now that I think about it, the real issue was that he was alone. No one was there to help him. He was abandoned!
Gary: Were you abandoned 10 years ago in the hospital?
Jane: Well my family came from miles around to spend 10 days with me at the hospital.
Gary: Maybe I should ask the question differently. Did you FEEL abandoned in the hospital?
Jane: (with tears) Yes, because after 10 days the doctors said I would recover. So my family, knowing I would eventually be OK, all went home to resume their jobs and home lives. I was left for weeks in the hospital and continued to suffer.
Gary: And you felt abandoned?
Jane: (big tears) Yes.
Gary: And what did THAT remind you of?
Jane: (long pause) The times my mother left me alone as a child. It is an awful feeling.
Note: Her language is important here. She said "It IS an awful feeling", not it WAS an awful feeling. This suggested that she was still carrying around this feeling of abandonment. It also indicates that the real problem here was NOT her brother's suicide. The circumstances of the suicide apparently triggered her feelings of abandonment (which was the real issue).
Final Comment: As it turns out, Jane's feeling of abandonment from childhood experiences were, indeed, overlaid on her brother's suicide. This was the real issue and was the reason why her original tapping on the SPECIFIC EVENT of her brother's suicide wasn't going anywhere. We were tapping on a SYMPTOM and not on the real cause.
How do I know this? Because we spent some time with EFT giving this abandonment issue some relief (ignoring the suicide altogether). Once this CORE ISSUE was out of the way, she was able to discuss her brother's suicide, and other events related to this issue, with no intensity whatsoever.
Hugs to all, Gary
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.