- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
I am a homeopath and I find that EFT complements homeopathy in that it often works in areas where the homoeopathy is either ineffective or difficult.
This article is such a case and although it is presented as a case study in EFT, both therapies were used to bring a successful outcome.
The client - we will call him Patrick (not his real name) - was a 17-year-old boy. Normally he was quiet and well behaved, but on occasion he was subject to violent outbursts. At the time he consulted me he had not been physically violent. His violence had been restricted to verbal violence and threats. Generally he was a quiet lad, who got on well with his peers at school and who has a good relationship with obviously caring parents.
He normally took life and all the knocks which it gives to a teenager in his stride, but on occasion some small thing, which normally would have past unnoticed, produced a violent out-burst. These out-bursts only lasted a few minutes and following them he returned to his normal self. The out-bursts had been noted, with some amusement, by his peers at school, and there was a tendency for some of his classmates to play a game of "Lets make Patrick lose his rag". He was beginning to gain a reputation for having a short temper, which was generally undeserved.
One such outburst occurred at school when he was overseeing a group of younger children, and it was observed by the teacher who was in charge at the time. This particular teacher had, some time before, received successful homeopathic treatment from me for a similar problem, and he suggested that Patrick also seek homeopathic treatment from me.
His parents were concerned and agreed to bring him for homeopathic treatment. A full homeopathic case taking took place, which need not concern us, in this EFT case study, except to say that he had a family history of short temper. His grandfather was known as a "wild Irishman" and he had an Uncle who had been imprisoned for violent behaviour. He had no significant physical problems except for slight ache - normal for his age - which bothered him considerably and for which he was using the drug "Stiemycin".
The case taking led to the identification of Merc vivas his constitutional remedy. He was given a single dose of this and also given an acute remedy, PQ to take should he feel the anger building within him.
At the end of the first session I discussed EFT and we did a simple routine together, which involved only a routine of tapping without the 9-Gamut. It was based on an affirmation regarding"This occasional anger". I left him tapping and went to make up his homeopathic materials. On my return he greeted me with,"This tapping is good. It makes me feel relaxed". In view of this we had a more detailed discussion regarding the use of affirmations and how he could build up suitable affirmations to suit any day-to-day problems.
He left my clinic with a further appointment booked for three weeks. It should be noted that this rather long period between first and second appointments was based on my homoeopathic practice and was to enable the constitutional remedy to take effect. Had I been considering his case, at that time, as an EFT case I would have made an earlier second appointment.
Patrick did not attend his second appointment. I made telephone contact and was pleased to hear that he had been so well that he had forgotten that he had a follow up appointment booked.
Two days later his father rang up to apologise for the missed appointment (and offered to pay for it). He was very pleased with the results and confirmed that Patrick had returned to being his normal pleasant self.
That could have been the end of the case, but unfortunately Patrick had a relapse. About two weeks later he rang and spoke to my secretary (as I was busy with a client) and asked that I ring him back as soon as possible. This I did and he, rather sadly, told me that he had hit his mother in another fit of temper. He had not hit her violently - more of a push or shove - but he was terribly upset by the incident. I arranged an immediate further session that evening.
When Patrick arrived at our clinic he was very upset, but no longer angry - except with himself. He had taken his homeopathic remedy and that had calmed him, but the damage was done - he had hit his mother for the first time in his life and he was desolate about it. At the start of the session he needed considerable simple counselling about the incident. It appears that his mother had been nagging him, and that he was under pressure to finish an assignment for a school project, which he was finding difficult. However, he did not consider this a just reason and was very remorseful about the whole incident.
He needed considerable counselling to satisfy himself that he was not a lost cause and that therapy would be able to help him. Once he accepted that on the evidence that he had been so much improved over the previous weeks we discussed further treatment. It was not considered necessary to change his homeopathic medication, but we agreed that we could do more work with his tapping.
It was not possible to use a SUDS index with regard to his anger, as he was calm and even when taken back to the incident with his mother he could only see the emotion of sorrow at the event and could not recall any feelings of anger. We discussed a number of affirmations and tapped experimentally on some of them, but found nothing better than the original one - regarding "This occasional anger" - that we had used in the first session. In this session the 9-Gamut was introduced and used. Each time he tapped for this he reported that he felt happier and more relaxed although he did not report any emotion of unhappiness or sadness before the tapping. It must be assumed that the affirmation was resonating with some subconscious emotion within which was hidden to his conscious mind (or which he was not yet prepared to share with me). This result was similar to his reaction to simple tapping in the first session.
We agreed that he should continue tapping with this affirmation each day, and that I would be available to him for telephone consultation if he should need it. A further session was book four weeks later, to act as a backup should he not need intermediate telephone sessions.
Patrick has not needed to call for a telephone session and the date for the next session has not yet arrived, but a phone call to his father has confirmed that all is well to date.
This case cannot be considered complete, nor will it be for many months, if not years. We can never be satisfied completely that some event or combination of events will not trigger an outburst of anger in Patrick. Nevertheless, the therapy he has already received can claim considerable success as his outbursts have been eliminated except for the one unfortunate incident involving his mother.
Should further sessions be necessary the line I take would depend upon how Patrick presents himself. If all is well, little more than a consolidation of the previous work will be necessary. If things do not go well or if other issues appear there are a number of other avenues that EFT treatment can take to help him further. It may be worth exploring any incidents in his past which led him to suppress his anger and he may well be helped to allow his anger through in a non-violent way, to prevent it building up to bursting point. He may also need help with the incident involving his mother. This may stand as a force for good as it has deeply affected him and shown him that his outbursts of anger are "bad", but care needs to be taken to ensure that the incident does not grow subconsciously into a problem for the future.
An interesting and ongoing case.
Dr Tam Llewellyn-Edwards
CASE OF ANGRY TEENAGER (cont)
The client visited my clinic for a check consultation just over one month from his last consultation. He reported that all was well and that he had not had any further incidents. This closed the case except that I remain available to him by telephone at any time (The clinic runs a 24 hr telephone contact service).
However, the client reported a nice tapping experience which is worth recording. The client was well taken with the tapping routine and had continued to use it in his daily life on all manner of "problems", but one in particular is of wider interest.
At his school there is a girl (we shall call her Anne - not her real name) who is "drop dead gorgeous" and also a star student. All the boys fancied her but none had the confidence to ask her out on a date. Patrick told me that he knew tapping would not make him more attractive to Anne, nor could it make her fancy him. However, with all the enthusiasm and energy of a new convert, he decided to use tapping on the "problem". He tapped using the Set Up Statement,"Even though Anne will turn me down, I fully and completely accept myself" and the reminder phrase, " Anne will turn me down" - I would not have suggested either! After some rounds of tapping he approached Anne and suggested a date and, somewhat to his surprise, was immediately accepted.
Now he is looking forward to a round of Christmas and Millennium Parties with the most attractive and intelligent girl in the school on his arm. Yet another success for tapping! However, this is not just an interesting side line but a good learning pointer. It would seem that tapping can act to avoid an emotional trauma which is expected to occur in the future. In this case Patrick and all his teenage peers were so worried about being rejected by this girl that the fear of this trauma was preventing them acting. By using EFT to over come this fear a future emotional trauma Patrick had freed himself of those restraints and was able to move forward in his life.
Confidence to move forward was all he needed as Anne was probably worrying that there was something wrong with her as no one had asked her for a date.
Dr Tam Llewellyn-Edwards
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.