- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- EFT for a child
- Fear of Santa Claus
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Ann Adams shares with us this touching story of "Brandon." Copy this one. It is ideal to give to parents and teachers that must deal with "unruly children."
P.S. A thank you to Shari Snow whose work made this story possible.
Sometimes our very best teachers are the children. The following story is certainly one of those 'a little child shall lead them' varieties. This seven year old not only proselytizes for tapping but has also written his own testimonial. My thanks go to Shari Snow who currently volunteers in a school setting in Lexington, NC, for sharing her work with 'Brandon'.
The first day Shari met Brandon she was told he was headed for a self contained class for students with emotional/behavioral problems. Brandon had experience difficulty since the day he entered school 2.5 years ago. He was considered "at-risk" before entering school.
During the current school year there had not been a day that he had not been sent to the principal's office. This day he had just trashed his classroom and was working on trashing the principal's office in anger. He continued to throw things as Shari talked to him about why he was so mad. When he realized she 'got it', and stopped a moment to breathe, Shari stretched out her hands and asked him to show how angry he was with his hands. He stretched them out as far as he could (indicating maximum anger). [Ann's Note: Without good rapport you get nowhere. The child must see you as different from the other lecturing adults in his or her environment.]
Shari sat down on the floor in the office and said, "This looks really silly but just do what I am doing." Brandon stopped the 'tantrum', sat down, and began to follow the tapping. She tapped with him one round before adding a set up statement for the second round: "Even though I am really mad and nobody will listen to me, I am still a really good kid who people should listen to."
Two rounds later, when asked how angry he was, Brandon put his hands together (indicating little or no anger). The school counselor watching this transformation could not believe it. She described it as "watching the anger melt away". Brandon and Shari talked some more about the issue that caused the outburst and then, together, they made a plan for the future. When it was time for Brandon to return to class, he asked, "Can I tap at home when I get mad too?" This child understood the power of this process in 5 minutes! He 'got it' quickly and made it a part of his life.
Shari writes: "Brandon is now a seven year old ambassador of energy therapies. He is tapping on his own and is showing classmates how to tap. He has people around him interested and looking for more information. He is teaching me lessons on how to 'get the message' across. He has opened doors I did not expect to open in the conservative rural community I live in. This little guy deserves ALL OF THE CREDIT. Me? I got lucky - what a wonderful teacher to learn from."
Brandon has not been back to the principal's office. Several weeks after the first tapping experience Brandon told Shari he was "ready to tell the story for my friends." In the words of a seven year old, here is Brandon's version of using energy therapies.
THE TAPPING STUFF
By Brandon (as told to Ms. S)
It makes the bad stuff not hurt as much.
They look at me funny. But now they know why I do it.
My friend got over his dog dying by tapping.
I showed him how to help his heart.
He told his mom to do it and she thought it was stupid.
I told him to do it anyways, just not let her see it.
He made his hands get smaller when Ms. S helped him
Ms. Lin (the counselor) reminds me to tap when I am mad.
I can tap in my classroom or ask to go see Ms. Lin.
I am teaching Ms. Lin how to tap.
She likes to tap by her nose. I like my forehead.
I like school now because I am good.
I got a treat from the principal for being good.
I never did that before.
My teachers did not like me because I was bad.
I think my teacher likes me now that I am good.
I think that is enough.
Oh yeah- I do the tapping at home when Nanna yells at me.
Shari writes that "In six weeks time, this child can say - I like school now because I am good! His teacher insists that it is a miracle - I insist it is a very powerful message in the worth of all souls - regardless."
Great work Shari! And hugs to all the Brandon's of the world.
Ann Adams just send me this update From Shari Snow on "Brandon," the anger laden child who was written up on this list a few days ago. This is a remarkable story that needs to be shared with school personnel, parents and anyone else dealing with emotionally disadvantaged children.
The area students began their spring break on Thursday. I went to check on Brandon and found out he had been sent home early due to a discipline "issue". I was crushed until I heard the whole story.
It seems his teacher had been out all week and they had gone through 3 different substitutes. On Wednesday, the teacher assistant was also out, putting two subs in the classroom. Both subs knew the "old" Brandon and assumed the worst. Brandon was involved in a verbal confrontation with another student. When the "teacher/sub" intervened, Brandon asked to go see Ms. Lin (the counselor) so that he could "tap". The substitute did not understand and Brandon was "unable to explain himself because he was mad". The sub told him to go sit down and Brandon crawled under the teachers desk and began to tap - he refused to get out from under the desk until he was calm. The sub said she just left him "because it was easier than fighting with him".
When Brandon rejoined the class he was calm and did great until lunch when child he had the verbal disagreement with hit him in the lunch line. According to the sub, this had been going on all week - Brandon turned around and laid the kid out. He then walked to the office, sat down in a corner and began to tap. The secretary said he kept saying - "I am a good kid and other kids should treat me like one" - while he tapped.
Both boys parents were called. They could not find Brandon's guardian, but the other child's mother arrived full of steam. She apparently started to lay into Brandon - he stood up and very calmly told the parent that he was better than that and walked into the principal's office and sat down. The mother was headed off at the door.
When the counselor was told "Brandon was in the office", she ran expecting the worst. She said it was all she could do to keep the smile off her face as he calmly told her what had happened, that he was wrong, and that he knew that he was being sent home for hitting the other student. She said he rubbed his "sore spot" the entire time he was telling her about what had happened. He then looked at her and smiled saying - "but I remembered to tap."
Yes, a dip in the climb for perfection - but what a lesson to those of us that seem to be Brandon's "students".
Take care - Shari
Back to Using EFT With Children--Main Menu
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.