- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
An insecure child with behavior problems
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here is an insightful message from Canadian EFT'er Dr. Alexander Lees that details the use of EFT on a child's multiple behavior problems. Alex is an expert in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and draws from that discipline to provide some useful language patterns. As this story unfolds you will find some creative reframes as well as impressive detective work in discovering an important core issue.
"Cindy", 12 years old, sat between her anxious parents on the couch in my office. Mother took the lead saying Cindy (1) insisted on sleeping in the parent's bed and (2) was described by her teacher as "preoccupied" and, at the first sign of a cough or sneeze, would bolt from the classroom. On several occasions, Cindy's long absence would trigger a search for her by the school staff. More often than not, she would be found quivering in the school bathroom.
The parents were notified and arranged for counselling. After six visits, the counsellor recommended a referral to a psychiatrist who suggested medications to help stabilize Cindy. The parents were adamant about finding an alternative solution.....and that is how they all came to be seated on my couch.
Once a brief history was completed, I spoke directly to Cindy. For purposes of shifting "blame" from her bowed shoulders, I said to Cindy, "Now then, this counsellor asked you questions that upset you, and that isn't very nice. Can you remember the mean questions?" My underlying message, of course, was -- you're fine, the questions weren't. Cindy replied, "He asked why I can't sleep in my own bed, why I gag sometimes when I eat, and why I run out of the classroom."
Alex: "Did you run out of the classroom two years ago?"
Alex: "Last year?"
Cindy: (Becoming slightly agitated.) "No."
Alex: "Okay, Cindy you did fine. I think I need to ask your parents the rest of the questions. Would you like to play on the computer in the reception room while I ask them some mean questions, or would you prefer to read that magazine?" (I had told the parents to buy her favourite magazine on the way to my office.)
I then asked the parents, "What happened that was significant between June of last year and when she began asking to sleep in your bed?" After several minutes of questions, Dad said, "The only thing I can think of was during baseball practice, Cindy's nose was bumped, and began to bleed. The coach said Cindy squeezed her nose, and tilted her head back."
"And, did she spit blood?" was my next question.
"Lots," said Dad. "She spit it all over the coach's shirt. She apologized, saying, 'I was choking to death. I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to die!'"
Choke to death. Die. Sneezing or coughing in class causes her to panic. Fear of sleeping alone. Hmmm.
The second visit I saw Cindy alone. We discussed the fun of making movies, directing, editing, acting, etc. (This was the subject of her favourite magazine). Once she was comfortable, we made a movie of the baseball scene. Since the actress in the movie (Cindy) was upset, I explained how tapping Cindy now would help the actress in the movie.
"Even though she's scared, she completely and deeply accepts herself."
Then: "Even though she feels she is choking to death, she completely and deeply accepts herself."
I also explained that the Cindy here had to focus on the feeling the Cindy there was experiencing, so the Cindy there would feel the change as well.
Then some reframes: "A sneeze is just a sneeze and gets rid of things we don't want."
and..."A cough is just a cough, and helps us to breathe better."
Then: "Even though I sneeze and cough, just like everyone else, including my favourite actress, I completely and deeply....." We watched the movie again, and Cindy noticed the actress was going to tilt her head forward and down next time; "Because it was silly to let the blood go into her throat."
Cindy then said, "The coach is going to be real upset with me. I'm embarrassed to look at him."
Alex: "Okay. Even though the coach is mad, and hates my guts, it's probably because he can't spit blood as far as I can." Tap, tap, tap.
Alex: "Well? Are you still embarrassed?"
Cindy: "Naah. I'm just a little girl. He's a grownup. It'll be okay."
A phone call a week later revealed her attention in class had returned, she slept in her own room, and was full of mischief and fun again. The parents think I walk on water. I think this case was just one more example of the effectiveness and value of EFT, especially with core issues.
Dr. Alexander R. Lees
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.