- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
What if you could relieve a child from an intense fear of death? What would that mean to his/her emotional freedom and the way life unfolds for himj/her? Note how Sarah Naylor from the UK discovers (and handles) this problem while dealing with her daughter's constipation.
My four year old daughter Thea has had a history of occasional bad constipation, with cramping pains in her tummy because of it. I have noticed that it seems to be worse when she is anxious or tense and neither changing her diet nor visits to the doctor have alleviated her discomfort.
Recently, Thea was holding her tummy in pain and we could actually feel a lump where the poo was in her gut! I wondered if EFT would help and so I asked her if she would like to tap on her magic points and see if we could make it better. Thea is familiar with the tapping process as I have used it before (with some success!) when she was trying to stop sucking a dummy. We tapped.
Even though I have this pain in my tummy, Mummy and Daddy love me very much, and they always will.
Even though this poo is stuck and it’s not coming out, I’m a lovely girl and my whole family loves me very much.
Even though it’s really sore in my tummy, I’m a good girl and my tummy will be feeling much better soon.
We tapped the points while repeating the reminder phrases… I’ve got a really sore tummy … It’s so sore the poo won’t come out … My tummy will feel better soon.
Thea seemed to really like the occasional positive affirmation about feeling much better soon. After this, the pain in Thea’s tummy had gone, but she now complained of a pain in her chest area. So we tapped again:
Even though I’ve got this sore pain here now…
After one round I asked Thea how the pain in her chest was. “Much better,” she replied, before crumpling into tears “but oh, mummy, I’ve got to tell you about a really, really scary dream I had… it was about dying. I just really, really don’t want to!”
I asked Thea gently if she would like to tap on the bad dream and see if we could help her feel better and she nodded, in tears. She had been able to say things with me for the previous rounds but now she didn’t want to speak and so I began to tap, speaking for her.
Even though I had that really, really scary dream, I’m a lovely girl and Mummy and Daddy love me very much.
Even though I had that dream about dying, and it was so scary, I’m a good girl and my whole family really loves me.
Even though I had that scary dream, Mummy and Daddy love me and I’m safe now.
We began to tap on the dream and the fears that had been coming up for Thea about death, which I suspected concerned leaving Mummy and Daddy and not knowing what would happen to her, but Thea got very upset and I quickly realised that (unsurprisingly for a four-year-old!), these issues were just too big and upsetting for us to be able to work with in this way. I decided to try the “put it all in a box” technique. I asked Thea, “Shall we try something different? Would you like to put all these feelings in a big box and shut the lid?” Thea brightened up and nodded enthusiastically.
I told her to put the scary dream and all the horrible feelings into a box, and close the lid. “And lock it,” added Thea. “And it has two big ropes tied tightly in knots around it, and the ropes are made of really strong metal.” She got into the whole process with great gusto and enthusiasm, describing the sealing of the box at great length and with obvious enthusiasm, chiming in with her own words all the time. We began tapping:
Even though I’ve got this box, and it’s shut and locked, and it has two strong metal ropes knotted around it…
Even though I’ve got this box, and it’s made of very hard, hard wood, and the hinges are rusty so that nothing can open it…
Even though I’ve got this box, and it’s at the bottom of the rubbish dump, with rubbish on top of it, and nothing can open it…
Then we tapped round with Thea talking the whole time:
...and the box has hard wood around it too
...and it has metal walls around it too
...and it’s really small so that the things in it can’t move much
...and the metal ropes are tied in such tight knots that you can’t untie them and so on.
I was wondering where it was all going to go as we kept on tapping – Thea showed no signs of wanting to stop and the box was getting more and more covered in impenetrable layers! She was however looking increasingly more cheerful. Suddenly, Thea said, “Now the feelings in the box are burning.” We kept tapping and Thea kept speaking:
...and some fairy sprinkle magic is going on the box too…
...and the stuff in the box is burned now, it’s gone.
I asked her, “Is it all gone?” and Thea replied, “Yes.” Then she added, “And now the whole box has disappeared. God has made it vanish.” At which point she calmly got down and ran off upstairs to have her bath! When I came in later to see her, she was able to chat to me calmly about some of the issues that had been worrying her previously: “Why do they bury you under the ground, Mummy? I don’t want that. What else could they do? – and we had an interesting discussion about cremation!! And I’m happy to report that she subsequently had to jump out of the bath to have a poo…
I just wanted to note that Thea had told me nothing about the actual bad dream the morning after having it. The deep fear involved only seemed to come up as something she could discuss after we tapped on her physical symptom – maybe it’s difficult for small children to articulate their thoughts and feelings about big issues. I’m grateful that EFT gave us the chance to broach this fear of Thea’s and also, hopefully, to clear something which was affecting her physical and emotional well-being.
PS from Gary: It may also be useful to address the specifics of the dream with EFT as well as her individual fears. This can often lead deeper and more thorough results
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.