- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here is an exquisite case by Roseanna Ellis. It should be read several times and studied for insights into handling aspects, establishing rapport and creativity. Note also that the whole session was done through surrogate EFT.
Of the hundreds of EFT sessions I have done in the past few years, none was as much fun as working with little Tommy. This shows a way of thinking outside of the box and using imagination while using EFT to conquer a very young child’s fear.
Tommy’s father had been told about me and requested that I see his son at their home because Tommy was deadly afraid of going into his backyard. As time passed, Tommy’s fear of the backyard was getting worse. Not only did he go into a panic attack if he was brought outside, but he panicked if the back door was open. It seemed that Tommy was not even happy being in the room leading to the back door.
When I arrived his mother began to cry, saying, “I think I have severely destroyed my child.” She told me that a few months ago there was a severe thunderstorm and Tommy was out playing in the backyard. Fearing that her child would get hit by lightening or that branches from the trees would fall on him, she panicked and yelled at him to come inside. She said, “I had no idea that my fear would make such an impact on my child.”
She never heard of EFT and had no clue what I was going to do with her son. I gave her a very brief explanation of EFT and I headed over to Tommy. He was friendly and playful. He was playing with an indoor frisbee. He did not speak much and if he did I could not make out what he was saying. The only word I understood was Lady. He kept calling me lady. He also did not like me touching his tapping points. I decided to do surrogate tapping for him.
I decided to play with him in the living room away from the room that led to the back door to gain his trust and confidence. As we laughed and played throwing the frisbee to each other, I surrogate tapped as quickly as I could in between catching and throwing. In surrogate tapping, I have to become the child. Even though that room that leads to the back door scares me, I am one awesome kid.
A few minutes later we were playing in the room that led to the back door with no problem. Even though looking at that door scares me... Within a few minutes he was throwing me the frisbee while my back was to the door. Even though the door being open frightens me, I choose to be totally calm. Within a few minutes he was throwing the frisbee to me with the door open.
Even though I will be scared if the frisbee goes into the backyard, I love myself and I choose to continue to have great fun anyway. The frisbee landed just outside the door and I quickly picked him up in my arms and dashed outside while he was laughing and bent over telling him to pick up the frisbee and raced back inside.
Even though I am terrified if the frisbee goes onto the grass, I choose to have great fun. Of course the universe would have it that it landed on the grass next to the bottom step. Again I picked him up, ran outside, had him pick it up, and returned quickly. We laughed and laughed all the time. And I tapped and tapped every second I could.
Even though I am scared of the bushes and the trees in my backyard, I am still an awesome kid, and I choose to feel safe anyway. Then I threw the frisbee into the bushes. Next moment we are outside hand in hand, looking for the frisbee that mysteriously got away. We marched around the yard singing Where is frisbee, Where is frisbee, Here I am, Here I am. Where are you hiding, Where are you hiding, I’ll find you, I’ll find you. I tapped while we both sang and spent one full minute looking for the frisbee through the grass and the bushes.
Then all of a sudden the wind began to blow and the trees and bushes began to sway. Tommy gasped with fear, looked upward terrified and ran like the devil into the house.
We played inside for a few more minutes with the door open while I tapped. Even though the sound of the trees moving is scary to me, I choose to be calm and feel safe. I went outside, broke off a branch from a tree, and brought it in to the house. I waved it around his head and tickled Tommy as I tapped on myself saying, Even though the sound of the trees making swishing noises scares me, I choose to have fun anyway.
He began to laugh, grabbed the branch from me, and waved it frantically over my head while I lay on the floor. Then I raced outside saying “You can’t catch me.” He raced after me and I fell on the grass pulling him down with me while laughing. This forced him to look up at the trees. I tapped my points saying, Even though looking up at these trees frightens me, I am still an awesome kid and I love myself and my backyard anyway.
His mother just stood the entire time staring with her mouth open in shock. She called her husband screaming, “I can’t believe it, Tommy is in the backyard having a great time.” As the time passed I had forgotten where I had hidden the frisbee. Then I noticed that I had thrown it very deep into a pile of bushes. I forged my way through the thick grass and bushes and as I bent down to pick it up I heard something behind me. It was Tommy waist deep in grass and bushes saying, “I find it lady” “I find it lady.” I knew the phobia was gone.
Tommy no longer saw the demon in his backyard. He only saw a place to have fun and laughter. I was getting ready to leave when Tommy took my hand and walked me through the backyard and across the street to the neighbor’s yard. He got on a kid’s bike and began to peddle. His mother came over and was in shock. Tommy never liked to go into other people’s yards.
Three weeks have passed since my treatment with Tommy and I heard that Tommy was having a blast in his backyard everyday. It is miracles like EFT that can save a child from a phobia that could have destroyed his life, his family’s happiness and his future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help so many people with the use of EFT.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.