- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Baerbel Froehlin shows us her initial work with Amanda, an angry 9 year old child who has been diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder. This is a sophisticated case that will require more time. You will appreciate Baerbel's initial results and the creative way she handles it.
Following is a letter from Louann, who came to me with her 9-year-old daughter Amanda. Amanda is chinese; she was adopted when she was 9 month old. Louann wanted me to write about her daughter because there is a good chance that there are many more cases of adopted chinese girls out there that have problems with anger as they get older.
Amanda would have severe rage tantrums, where she'd hit and kick her parents, especially her mom. She would scream for an hour, hitting anyone near her. Nothing could calm her down or stop her screaming until she was "done". It was exhausting and very painful, emotionally and physically especially for her mom; it would happen more than once a week with Amanda being totally out of control. She has no friends because of her fits; all kids and their parents are scared of her.
"My daughter, Amanda, is not quite 10 years old and has had 5 years of therapy. One year play therapy, 3 years of holding therapy and 1 year of talk therapy. The diagnosis is bipolar disease and reactive attachment disorder.
She throws violent fits several times per week. She is treated by a child psychiatrist and is heavily medicated. At our wits end we decided to try EFT with Baerbel Froehlin of Smooth Changes Therapies. We have had two sessions and are already seeing more improvement than with all the other therapies combined.
We still have a long way to go, but for the first time in many years we have hope that the fits may be stopped and our daughter can have a normal life.
The moment Amanda and her mom came into my office we all started tappping on the sternum. We all kept doing that until they left. Whatever was said or talked about, we all tapped constantly.
When asked what she felt in her body when she was really angry, Amanda said "tight and very hungry." That made a lot of sense to me; she had been found on the street as a tiny baby and was taken to an orphanage, where she stayed until she was adopted.
I had Amanda raise her arms and shout with me again and again "I am very angry" until I noticed subtle changes in her face. We then followed with "I am angry and I'm very hungry" until she started weeping. Her mom watched in disbelief because she had only seen her daughter weeping maybe 3 times in the entire time she'd known her. Also, she had not known that Amanda felt hungry when angry. So we decided that from now on Amanda would always have some snack in her pocket, when she'd be in school, in case she ever got hungry (angry) while away from home.
She seemed to like that; she nodded repeatedly and even smiled a little beautiful smile.
All this happened during the first 15 minutes of our first session.
Amanda then drew me a picture of what angry and happy looks like to her. By then she eagerly followed whatever I asked her to do. I suggested that both she and her mom did a few rounds of tapping each night when Amanda gets tucked in.
We ended the first session tapping on
Even though I am very hungry …. I'm a cool kid.
Even though I am hungry when I'm angry …. I promise to eat my snacks ….. because I'm a very cool kid.
Eating makes me feel good …. and I won't have to scream and hit my mom.
Even though I feel very angry sometimes …. and I scare the other kids in school …. from now on I will eat when I'm hungry ... eating calms me down ….and make me feel much better …. because I don't want the others to be scared of me ….. I want them to be my friends.
I love my mom ….. I don't want to hurt my mom …. because she loves me very much … just like I love her.
At this point she went over to her mom, hugged her and told her she was sorry and she loved her very much.
During the week between sessions she had another anger fit, but this time no hitting or kicking. She just screamed for one whole hour, which was terrible enough for her parents. The reasons for her screaming are always little things, when she gets told she can't do or have something, or when her routine is being changed. Amanda cannot cope with changes easily; she just throws a huge fit when confronted with something unexpected.
From my own experiences earlier in life I know that a human being, behaving like Amanda, is in great pain. Those anger tantrums are a cry for help; there is enormous pressure behind them.
Before she came to see me she would not accept that her mom held her or comforted her in any way during her fits. I now have mom tap on herself - Amanda so far can't be touched during her screaming fits - shouting "I am so angry, I am tapping, and very soon I can calm down and feel better again". The last fit was very much shorter, no hitting or kicking, and mom got her to laugh and stop as she was tapping right in front of her. That was progress big time as that had never happened before!
We established a new rule for now that Amanda goes out into the yard if she feels a fit coming on. She will yell there something like "I am so angry…. but I am going to tap now…. I soon will calm down and breathe out that anger devil, so the sweet person can come out!" We are working with a stuffed toy devil, red, with big horns and a big mouth. When the mouth is opened, you can see a tiny little bear inside that we call "the sweet person". From our role play she knows that the sweet person inside the anger devil is afraid to come out when the angry screaming is happening. Funny thing is that this toy came from Starbuck's in Tokyo. Makes me think ……..
I feel that this girl will only accept what makes sense to her. That's definitely a challenge for her parents every day, but it's fine with me in our time together. Amanda is a highly intelligent child and comes from a very different culture. All that needs to be considered in order to understand and connect with her. She very much likes to come to our sessions; each time she draws pictures about the last anger tantrum, and we tap and talk about what happened. She now weeps more often, which is a sign that doors inside her are opening.
In her third session we talked and tapped at the same time, as I told her the story of anger devil and how he became so angry (basically, it's her own story) and how he was abandoned on the street, feeling very afraid and hungry until this women with a huge, big loving heart came from a country far away, picked him from a room, crowded with many, many others and took him home to safety.
Amanda cries as she taps and listens, and as she holds him to comfort him.
I have no doubts that one day soon she will be (almost) like all the other girls out there.
It helps a lot for me to remember my own anger fits as a child in a dysfunctional family. I used to keep other members of my family away from me by screaming endlessly, scream and scream until there was no strength, no air left at all in me. I so understand Amanda and the pain, that needs to come out.
Isn't this some wonderful thing that the universe has sent me this girl?
I will keep you posted about Amanda's development.
Much love to all!
Baerbel Froehlin, CHt./HypnoCoach, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.