- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- EFT for a child
- Fear of Santa Claus
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Imagine how frightened you would be if, as a toddler, you were bitten in the face by a dog. How long would you retain the fear and how long would you have restless sleep? A month? A year? A lifetime? Fortunately, we can use EFT to collapse such traumas right away and avoid such long term limitations. Nancy Privett shows us how.
I received a phone call from my stepson and his wife, asking if I could help them with their 19-month-old son, Andrew. They had been visiting relatives the previous week and Andrew was bitten on the face by a dog. The bites required stitches and future plastic surgery, but were healing nicely. However, Andrew, who had always slept soundly through the night, was now having nightmares and waking up two to three times a night and during naps crying out in terror for his parents.
We set up a time for them all to come over the next evening so I could show them how to use EFT with Andrew. (Andrew's mother had done some EFT with me in the past, so she was familiar with the process.) In the meantime, that night I decided to do some surrogate tapping for Andrew. I did not mention this to his parents. I thought that, if it had a noticeable effect, it would be a good way for them to really embrace surrogate EFT.
So that night I tapped for about 30 minutes on myself as if I were Andrew using the official shortcut version with the top of the head point added. I allowed my intuition to guide me with the phrases.
Even though I am really scared to go to sleep…
Even though it was really scary when that dog bit my face…
Even though it really hurt when the dog bit me…
Even though I couldn't breathe when the dog bit me…
Even though I was too little to do anything…
Even though I need mommy and daddy all the time now…
Even though I have to make sure mommy and daddy are near me…
Even though I am having bad dreams about that scary dog…
The next evening when the family arrived, I asked them how Andrew had slept the night before. His mother said, "It was unusual. He only woke up once last evening. That's the first time he has slept so well since the accident." I then explained the surrogate tapping I had done as a way of introducing surrogate tapping to them and they were both willing to try it when they weren't using EFT directly with Andrew.
I went over the EFT shortcut procedure with both parents, making sure they knew where the points were and what to do. I had them each tap a little on Andrew, who was very busy exploring and playing and wasn't really interested too much in sitting still to be tapped on. I suggested that at first when they physically tapped on Andrew, they use phrases like: Everything is fine now and I am safe now, and use more specific statements about the dog bite when they surrogate tapped and after Andrew was used to the tapping. I also suggested that they tap directly on him when he was going to sleep.
The first night they used EFT with Andrew, they did it while they were reading him a story right before bed. His mother reported that he didn't mind it too much, but seemed distracted and bothered. However, when she turned out the lights and held him while rocking in the rocking chair, she was able to tap [without using the set-up affirmation] and say things like:
Mommy and daddy love you.
You are safe.
If you wake up tonight, mommy and daddy are right downstairs so you can close your eyes and go back to sleep.
Andrew became completely calm and was asleep within 2 minutes of being put in his crib. It was the first time he had gone to sleep so quickly since the dog bite. Both his parents surrogate tapped that night and Andrew only woke up once, and went quickly back to sleep when his mother came to soothe him.
Andrew's parents continued to use the tapping on Andrew whenever they put him in his crib to sleep, and also continued to do surrogate tapping each night. Andrew's father spoke to Andrew as he was tapping on him and said things like:
You don't need to be scared of dogs.
I know you were scared when you got bitten.
His father did not get very graphic with his statements about the dog bite, but he knew that Andrew remembered the incident, and he wanted to address the fears.
After a week and a half, Andrew had only woken up twice in the middle of the night and had not had one nightmare. Putting him to sleep had become very easy. Previously his parents had not been able to leave his room until he was sound asleep. Now they were tapping on him, putting him in his crib and leaving the room. He was asleep within 15 minutes at the most. Many times his parents reported that the next morning he was in a really good mood. Andrew was sleeping so well that his parents were even able to go out to dinner one night and have the babysitter put him to bed.
Meanwhile, I encouraged Andrew's parents to tap on themselves for the trauma they went through seeing their son bitten by the dog. I suggested that even though they may not realize it, they both probably had anxiety from witnessing it and all the worries that would understandably come into their minds afterwards, especially wondering if they had done a good enough job protecting their son. I suggested saying something like:
Even though I feel like I wasn't watching carefully enough…
Even though I wasn't able to protect Andrew…
Even though I wasn't able to prevent this from happening and my son was hurt…
Andrew's mother reported that even reading these statements evoked a lot of emotion for her. After she tapped on them, she then had her best night's sleep since the accident. (Because parents and children -- small children especially -- are so connected energetically, it is important for the parents to calm their own energy systems when dealing with their children; that will immediately have a calming effect on the children.)
After a month, all the positive results had continued and Andrew was sleeping as he had before the dog bite.
Andrew's parents now use the tapping for Andrew each night and for naps because it calms him and he likes it. On the rare occasion that Andrew wakes up, using EFT gets him back to sleep very easily. They also teach EFT to everyone that has to put Andrew to sleep, and tell the caregivers that Andrew will want to do the tapping. The phrases Andrew's parents now use to tap out loud are calming and reassuring words about having nice and happy dreams, that he is safe, that they can hear him if he calls, and that they are downstairs. They also tap on him while going through the list of everyone who loves him and Andrew now helps finish the list.
In the weeks after the dog bite and before tapping, Andrew said that he was afraid of dogs, and even had a strong reaction to a photograph of a dog on a bag of dog food. Now he says that he isn't afraid of dogs, and, although appropriately tentative when around them, he shows a general interest in them.
Just one other word about surrogate tapping: because we are tapping on ourselves as if we were the other person, the tapping also has an effect on us. I experienced something interesting one night when I did some surrogate tapping for Andrew during the first week. I tapped on myself about a dozen times using this set-up affirmation:
Even though sometimes I wake up scared and crying for mommy and daddy, tonight I choose to sleep soundly and deeply and wake up with a big smile on my face.
The next morning, as I was waking up, I was seeing a lovely vista of a Caribbean beach right in front of me, and I woke up with a big smile on my face! Whatever you give out, you get some of the same yourself!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.