- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Wanna know how to get first class rapport with youngsters ... and demonstrate EFT ... and collapse a big time chocolate craving? Just read this article by Jann Barry from Australia. Superb job ... and delightful reading
This week I have passed some kind of a milestone (for me) having introduced my two hundredth child at the Camp School to EFT.
Some time back when I started to work with kids I thought long and hard about how I could introduce them to EFT. I was mindful that I had to pitch in such a way that (a) I was not talking down to them or (b) not going over their heads. As most of the children were going to be in the 10-11 year old age bracket and I had not been near a 10 year old in something like a hundred years, this initially presented a challenge.
Somehow I made it through my first group of 25 but felt I had far to go and so back then seeking inspiration I tapped…”Even though I have absolutely no idea what to say to them that will connect, and even though I need some inspiration mighty fast or I'll bomb out and lose them, I know somewhere inside me I do know what to say…I deeply etc.”
Well nothing appeared to happen but being mindful of the 'time lag' side of EFT I let it go. Two days later a light went on over my head and I was gifted with an inspiration in the form of an analogy. “Ah yes,” I thought, excellent, Gary is right into analogies.”
Three days later I stand in front of what was then, my second group of 25 squiggling, shuffling 10 year olds.
“Good morning children” I said brightly “Good Morrrrnnnning Miss Barry,” They sing back to me with enthusiasm.
“Well, as you know the name of this little course is ‘Dealing with Feelings’ and one of the awesome things we are going to be exploring today is the energy system within each and every one of us ... the only trouble is it's invisible!!” I look around, so far they are still with me.
I proceed, “I was thinking of how I could describe this energy system to you and I thought ... I know ... I think if we COULD see it might look at bit like when Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock in Star Trek want to beam down to another planet. They stand on a special spot and say ‘Beam me down Scotty’ (for a terrible moment I think I may have said Spotty!!) but I soldier on. “….and then almost instantly their outside bodies disappear and we see this bright, shimmering, pulsating shape where their bodies used to be – I think THAT could be what our energy system might look like!!” Hugely pleased with myself I smile broadly and look around only to be greeted with a sea of blank faces. “Err” I stutter “you all DO watch Star Trek – err sometime, err don`t you?” Not one of them it seemed had ever watched the show!! “Yeeeha” I think to myself “now I know how a stand up comic feels on a bad night” Of course Gary DOES say go out and stub your toe, but all ten of them at once??
Anyway that all seems like a lifetime ago and I think, finally, I`m hitting my stride.
Last week my group was older – 14 year olds from a Talented and Gifted class. And I`m sort of thanking God I'd got rid of my Star Trek analogy way back then.
Tonight I launch right in –“Stand up, spread out your arms, close your eyes…now, slowly start to bring your hands together, be aware of how they feel and when you feel a resistance stop and open your eyes but don't move.” They comply…”now see how some hands are still far apart and see how some are much closer?? They see. “This is energy, YOUR energy and it is your INTERNAL energy system that we are going to be dealing with tonight.”... they get the message.
Next we do Donna Eden`s Energy Zip Up a couple of times to wake them up (it`s 7:30pm and they have been canoeing and hiking for most of the day).
Out of nowhere – or so it seems – I produce a platter of chocolate – some in pieces, some candy bars in wrappers. “Who” I ask “is a chocoholic??” “Oh come on now” I say looking at a sea of waving hands “you can't ALL be chocoholics!” “You wanna bet!” I hear a small voice come back. I turn to their teacher, “This is your call Miss Houghton, pick me a real chocoholic” she calls out Tod a 14 year old who just happens to be 6ft 3 (I`m 5`1). As he is coming out I hear someone whisper…'yeah! he's a REAL one. He even ate a chocolate biscuit off the floor yesterday.'
I offer him the plate, what would he like? wrapped or unwrapped? He opts for a wrapped candy bar. I turn to the children, “You know it`s a funny thing but, for a lot of people, the rustle of the candy wrapper is very important, they hear the rustle and know that, in just a second or two when they chomp into the candy bar their mouth will be full of yummy chocolate.” I learnt this bit of information watching Gary in one of his workshop CD's where he is dealing with cravings and addictions. One of the women he was working with, a chocoholic, said…'Oh no, don`t take the wrapper off it's all part of the pleasure.' I should get my pleasures so easily I thought!
I turn back to Tod…
”Now, open the candy bar and tell me where, on a scale of zero to ten, ten being the highest, how much do you want that candy car?” he`s a 10+.
I take it from him and wave it under his nose, slowly, slowly back and forth so that he must move his head & his body to follow the candy, his eyes become glazed, the group chuckles….. ”Mmmm… Mmm… smells good eh?” I ask “Mmmm” he responds in a very unfocused way ... ”now take a bite, taste it Tod, taste how absolutely yummy it tastes as the peanuts and chocolate mix up right there in your mouth.” He turns away and takes a rather large bite, so large in fact that when he turns back his cheeks are bulging and there is less than half the bar left ... more laughter.
“Now” I say taking his hand “just say what I say” ... we start to tap his Karate Point ... ( I tapped only one round here mainly because I know I'll have a Seniors Moment and won't be able to remember what I am about to say long enough to repeat it.)
“Even though I crave that choky BIG TIME” – everyone hoots – “and I know I could eat the contents of the whole plate without trying if you`d just give me a chance…..and even though I've been known to eat a chocolate biscuit off the floor (more laughter – even from Tod) ... I know I'm an awesome kid (great laughter) I know I'm truly awesome because of how much chocolate I COULD eat, and I don't care if I get zits, because everyone my age gets zits and I would have awesome zits, I would have truly awesome chocolate zits!!” By now everyone is roaring with laughter.
I stand on tippy toe to tap on him ... ”this craving ... this chocolate craving ... my awesome chocolate craving ... my 6ft 3 awesome craving ... this chocolate biscuit off floor craving ... my chocolate zits craving that everyone would be jealous of because I would be so successful at it.” He comes down to a 5.
We do another round – no movement – another – nothing. Hmm I think, and then I remember how he had to turn away from the class to take the bite from the candy bar ... am I looking at embarrassment? I think so, so off we go away back to the Karate point.
“And even though I don't want them to see me munching into the bar `cause I'm kind-sorta embarrassed about wanting to gobble the whole bar then and there ... I'm still an awesome kid ... I'm an embarrassingly awesome kid!!” We tap. “They can only look at my back ... because they probably want to gobble up the bar as much as I do... & I'm kinda-sorta embarrassed ... but I'm awesomely embarrassed ... awesomely embarrassed, awesomely embarrassed. He goes to a 1.
When asked how much he still wants the candy bar he replies ...”Well, no I don't really want it at all any more.” “Yeah Tod we'll believe THAT when we see it” someone calls out. “Aw buzz off” he replies “I can't help it if I don't want any more – something’s happened!!” He starts to walk off but turns back and asks me, ”Hey, Miss Barry, this won't last forever will it?” I raise my eyebrows and smile enigmatically. “Who knows, Tod, who knows??” “Oh God” he mutters as he walks back to his desk “what have I done?” We had an awesomely great EFT class.
Later standing talking to their teacher as they tucked in to a supper to be followed by yet another class on How to Juggle, I feel a tug on my sleeve.
I look down to see a rather slight little red haired girl with large round glasses. “Hello” I say “are you a chocoholic too?” “Yes” she replies softly “yes, but I'm one of those,” “those?” I ask, “yes, you see I HAVE to hear the rustle otherwise I don`t enjoy the chocolate half as much and I thought I was the only person in the whole world and I was worried, but now I'm not.”.
What HAVE I done?
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.