- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- EFT for a child
- Fear of Santa Claus
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Christine Moran from the UK allows her creativity and intuition to assist her in achieving a first class EFT result. She says, "Within a week I had reports from three different staff that teach Chris at school who were astounded at the instant transformation that he presented the next Monday morning at school. They had no idea that he had been to see me. They noted how much he contributed in class, answering questions and volunteering to help - apparently he had not actively contributed for about one year before. In the playground he organized games and helped other children join in AND he was happy....Chris has astounded me by the changes he made that day and those changes have lasted."
Chris's mum (Elaine) who was a regular user of EFT rang and told me that her son (Chris--age 10) was stuck in a 'dark place' and she couldn't think a good way to approach his sadness using EFT. She said his grief was due to how he felt at school. Elaine had done her research with the school staff to uncover more about his sadness. It seemed that Chris was not verbally or physically bullied as such, but because he felt no one liked him, he had dropped into an increasingly depressive state. When he reached my practice room, he looked every bit a 60 year old man, drooped in the shoulders, looking at the ground with facial features grey and strained.
His mum sat in an adjacent room while Chris and I began to talk. At first I asked him about things outside school to try and put him at ease. I asked him about hobbies, where he likes to go and things that make him happy. His words were filled with negative gloom and he held a very dismal outlook on life. I literally felt the black clouds looming over him and I started to feel the burden affect my outlook.
We spent some time in an attempt to uncover the layers of his woe. His mum had told me that he has always had difficultly making friends and she thought that being an only child was a big factor. He felt: left out at school, different, and not like the other kids.
I showed Chris the tapping points and explained that I use tapping to sort out my sad energy sometimes. I also got him to log onto my children's EFT website which lists out loads of children's issues. He looked at some of them and said, "Oh, so I'm not the only odd one!"
We used our hands to measure the intensity of his issues instead of using numbers when we worked through all of the aspects listed below. Children usually prefer this and in the case of Chris, the fewer words the better. So for starters we tapped together on: Even though I get upset because I feel left out at school, but I'm still a good boy. I checked that he was OK about the words we were using. I am always careful to use words that are meaningful to a child - you are really wasting your time otherwise.
I always feel different from the other children … I don't like football … I don't like the games they play … they are too rough … I feel like no one wants to play with me. Each time, we re-measured the strength of his feeling and we made slow and gradual progress towards hands getting closer together.
Then he said, "When I think the others are talking about me I get a ringing in my ears." We tapped on those words and I asked him if he had to take a guess why his ears ring loud what might be the reason. He said, "I guess that when my ears ring I can't hear what they are saying." I asked what he thought they were saying and he said, "Hmm, actually I don't think they are talking about me, but I get scared in case I might hear something I don't like.” We tapped for Even though they might be talking about me and that makes me scared, I'm still a good boy
Typically by this stage I would be getting feedback that the session was moving in the direction that the client had desired. In the case of Chris, I had a hunch that he was resistant to let go of some of these feelings. I felt that this sadness (as he called it) was part of his story and would be lost without it.
For me, this was confirmed by two things. I asked him how he would feel if he no longer had this sadness and he said, "I think I will always feel sad." Then, I did the arm test (muscle test) for reversal and he showed more positive on "I want to keep this sadness.”
I decided it would be a good idea to change tactics at this stage, but I wasn't sure how. I instinctively stood up and I wandered across to the other side of my office (a break state in NLP terms). I reached into a cupboard which had some craft materials and don't ask me why, but I pulled out a piece of cardboard. The card was coloured - at one end it had bright rainbow colours, which gradually faded to the other end with dark greys and then black right on the end.
I placed it on the table in front of Chris and something clicked. His silence broke. "I'd like to be there," he said pointing to the bright coloured area. I asked him where he was and he pointed to a corner of the black. We measured and then tapped:
Even though I'm in the black area, I know I'm a good boy. After one round I could see visual changes in him and I altered the statement to
Even though I'm in the black area now, I may not always choose to be here.
Even though I' m in the black area now, I may decide to feel differently about how people see me.
Suddenly after three rounds, he jumped up and announced, "I'm not in the black area any more … I don't care what other people think." I wanted to be very careful that he hadn't just decided to pay lip service to the reframe, so I asked him what happened. He said, "I need to get rid of it." He pointed to the black bit. I asked him how he could do that and he said, "I'd like to rip it off and get rid of it." I told him I needed to be sure that he really wanted to get rid of it and asked, "Do you think I should keep it here in my drawer in case you want to be sad again?" I was testing his willingness to reframe.
"No, I want to get rid of it forever." The metaphor of the colours in the cardboard had given Chris an opportunity to let go. This boy's attitude was changing dramatically before my eyes. I asked him what he would do with it then. He said, "Rip it into bits soooo small and put them into your bin."
I said we could do even better than that and I brought him outside into the garden where Chris ripped up the black card end into tiny pieces, dropped them into the bin saying, "I'm done with you sad thoughts for good." He stood in the bin and jumped up and down on the rubbish until he was exhausted. His face was bright, his posture upright, he beamed broadly. He jumped out of the bin, back through the office, grabbing the remainder of the coloured piece of card and literally leapt into the waiting room grabbing his mum by the hand saying, "It's gone Mum, I'm not the same." Elaine smiled but seemed a little bewildered by the dramatic changes. She wasn't the only one.
Within a week I had reports from three different staff that teach Chris at school who were astounded at the instant transformation that he presented the next Monday morning at school. They had no idea that he had been to see me. They noted how much he contributed in class, answering questions and volunteering to help - apparently he had not actively contributed for about one year before. In the playground he organized games and helped other children join in AND he was happy.
All the staff who noticed the changes pounded on his mum that evening to ask - What did you do for him? They could not believe the change in him. Elaine explained about tapping and put the welfare teacher in contact with me. Now, seven months later, Chris is transformed. He knows that he is a bit different from the other boys at school, but he told me that he doesn't care because he is "Still a brilliant boy." I was so chuffed I made him a business card that he is proud of that says, Chris - Still the Brilliant Boy.
Chris has astounded me by the changes he made that day and those changes have lasted. He still taps when he needs to and what's more, he doesn't mind if others see him do it. In fact if a child asks him what he is doing the teachers told me that he is happy to show them how to tap. I run introductory tapping workshops for school children and teachers in many schools, and run individual sessions for children and/or parents. I love the empowering impact of tapping for children and all to help with our issues large and small.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.