- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- EFT for a child
- Fear of Santa Claus
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Linda Wood, from the United Kingdom, stops to help an obviously distressed little girl. At the end of her article she says, "It wasn't until after all of the above that I remembered her Mum standing nearby who was by this time staring, mouth open, in total disbelief while watching what was going on."
When I was first led to EFT, about 5 years ago, I felt like I'd discovered gold! "This is it!" I thought. "This is the MISSING LINK to the self-help puzzle! It's the 'how to' of all the 100's of self help books that I've read over the past decade.
I wanted to tap on EVERYONE I saw. I wanted to drag people off the street and tap on them. But, of course, I soon learned one cannot do that. Not everyone's ready. Hence, TRYING TO FIND THAT BALANCE that many of us who are so passionate about EFT struggle with. When DO we stick our neck out and OFFER THE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE we have about EFT if it's not asked for? When do we leave well enough alone?
One day as I walked through the town center of a local English village, I noticed a tiny little girl, no more than about 3 years old, lying on the pavement, all curled up next to the corner of a shop entrance, She was obviously upset and trying to inch away from what I assumed was her Mother who has standing next to a stroller doing her best to coax the little girl into it. It was obvious that there was no way the little girl was going to get into that stroller without a LOT of resistance.
"Do I stop to help or let the Mother handle it? Surely this adult can handle a petite little girl, not much more than a baby?" I said to myself.
I decided to mind my own business. I went into the shop, looked around for about 15 minutes, then left. As I came out the door, I was a bit surprised to see the little girl still curled up but into an even tighter ball, completely against the shop wall with the Mother frantically talking on a cell phone asking someone to come help and giving them directions to this shop. Instinct took over. I knew the Mum needed help.
I kneeled down onto the pavement by this adorable, petite little girl and said, "Hello there. Are you having a bad day?"
I suppose the shock of my strange American accent to this little British girl caused her to jerk her hand away from her face and look up at me with surprise and curiosity. I then knew that I had her attention so I next asked, "Can I pick you up and put you into that pram?" (what the British call a stroller.)
She vehemently shook her head "NO!" (O.k., so if sheer persuasion isn't going to work, then it's time to pull out EFT.)
Again, as if out of instinct, I suddenly just blurted out, "Would you like me to show you how to tap your Magic Buttons so that you feel better?" Imagine my amazement when she jumped up, literally like a 'jack-in-the-box' and stood at full attention, arms hanging down to her sides, not saying a single word, just waiting for my next move.
She had gone from foetal position to that of a soldier standing at full attention within one second!
For a few seconds I, myself, was caught completely off guard by her immediate response and cooperation. Then, instinct again took over. I reached up and started tapping my own head and said, "Can you just follow along and tap on yourself as I tap on me and I'll show you where the Magic Buttons are." She nodded her head in agreement and reached her delicate little fingers up to her own head as she very intently watched me, then started tapping on herself.
"Here's the first Magic Button" I said as we both tapped. I then continued, "O.k., now move your fingers to this next Magic Button and tap here. (side of eye) She did. We continued doing that down through all the short cut points. Then I asked, "Do you feel any better?" She looked much calmer and nodded once to tell me, "Yes." She wasn't smiling but she was definitely intrigued, trusting, never taking her eyes off me and doing everything that I told her to.
I asked, "Shall we tap the Magic Buttons again?" She nodded and reached her hand up again. This time as we tapped I injected a couple little comments... "You are such a pretty young girl." "You are so good and so pretty." At the end of that second round I asked, "Do you feel more calm now?" This time a couple strong nods were her response.
To test where we were on this, I asked, "May I put you into that pram now?" She nodded several times which showed me that the resistance was gone. She readily let me lift her up and place her into the pram. It was all I could do not to give her a huge hug and kiss before placing her into that pram as she was just so adorable but I figured this would be pushing things a bit.
As I placed her into the pram I leaned down and said, "Are you going to have a better day now?" A couple more nods. I took a few seconds more to ask her, "Whenever you are feeling upset again, can you just remember your Magic Buttons and reach up and tap on them until you feel better?" As I was saying this I was quickly moving my hand from point to point on myself and she reached up to do the same while she nodded a firm "Yes." She then laid back and nestled snugly into her pram. The crisis was over.
It wasn't until after all of the above that I remembered her Mum standing nearby who was by this time staring, mouth open, in total disbelief while watching what was going on. It took a few more seconds for Mum to regain enough composure to say "Thank you" then joke, "I'll be looking for you later this afternoon when I have problems again." She smiled and walked on. EFT never ceases to amaze me. I walked away in almost as much amazement as the Mum, even after five years of experiencing hundreds of EFT miracles.
This little girl was obviously very intelligent yet she didn't once utter so much as a word. She readily tapped and did exactly what I did. If you'll notice, I did not follow the normal EFT protocol with the karate chop, set up phrase or even reminder phrases. I simply tapped and she followed and I then said a couple positive phrases to her and that was it. The whole process couldn't have taken much more than about three minutes. I'm so glad that I intervened and let that power that is greater than me work through me.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.