- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Stephanie Drieze, LICSW, CGP releases emotional issues for "Jimmy" so that he can broaden his diet. This skillful presentation illustrates creative language, rapport skills and core issues.
Recently, my family was socializing with friends whose middle son, "Jimmy" has been struggling for several years with his parents around not eating enough healthy foods. The parents had been very concerned about his lack of good nutrition, and had recently taken him to their pediatrician. Jimmy shared with me that the doctor said his eating, or lack thereof, is an "emotional problem". He then commented further, saying, "I guess it's all in my head from my mother's brain tumor." At the time Jimmy made this comment, Jimmy, his father, and I were in the room. I told Jimmy that I was a "talking doctor" and might be able to help him with this problem.
I asked the father if he'd mind if I talked with Jimmy a bit, for gathering some history, and then try a great technique that really helps with emotional problems. I explained that this technique, EFT, wouldn't hurt Jimmy, and might likely help with his eating issues. Jimmy and his father were "game for anything".
Historically, when Jimmy was 5 years old, his mother had had a brain tumor that required delicate and dangerous surgery, follow-up chemotherapy, and radiation. This was a significantly traumatic and frightening experience for the entire family, and took a physical and emotional toll on the mother, her husband and their children. Jimmy said that the pediatrician figured out that because everyone was bringing over food during the mother's hospitalization and recovery, Jimmy learned to associate food with sad and scary feelings. Jimmy reported to me that he thought that, although that idea might be true, it hadn't changed his not wanting to eat more food.
Jimmy's parents reported that Jimmy hadn't ever eaten beef or fish and hadn't eaten chicken or eggs since his mother was sick. The parents had tried various strategies to encourage Jimmy to eat a broader diet: they had pleaded with him; gotten angry; and ignored his eating habits; but nothing had helped. Jimmy was prone to injury, and they suspected that his frequent sprained ankles, and a broken arm might be related to lack of nutrition.
GC COMMENT: These injuries might also be related to his unresolved emotional issues. Our bodies manifest emotional unrest in many ways.
STEPHANIE CONTINUES: Jimmy and I worked together for about twenty minutes using the following EFT statements. They are related to the chicken that was being served that evening as well as a wider set of aversive foods:
"Even though I hate chicken....."
"Even though I think I'll throw up if I eat chicken....."
"Even though I feel pressure to eat foods I don't like....."
Jimmy's rate of distress was a self-reported 10 on the eating issues when we started. After one round on the first statement, his self-assessment went from a 10 to a 4. He reported feeling "weird", but wanted to continue. After 4 more rounds; one more on the first statement, and one round on the second and third statement, Jimmy appeared extremely animated and happy. He jumped up and said "I WANT to go eat some chicken."
Jimmy willingly entered the dining room, where his siblings and a few friends were eating dinner, and his parents were sitting nearby. He sat down and ate several bites of the chicken. He reported it was a little "dry" but thought it was okay. Jimmy said he felt "fine" to be eating the chicken.
Before parting for the evening, I asked Jimmy if we could do a little more tapping on what might have caused the problem originally. He was very interested in doing some more tapping and told his parents that it was like "magic". We tapped on emotional issues which he talked with me about before this second round, and we proceeded with these statements:
"Even though I was really mad my mom got sick....."
"Even though I got really scared my mom would die....."
We then added a choice protocol statement as follows:
"Even though I felt scared and angry when my mom got sick, I choose to eat healthy foods now."
The following morning Jimmy's father called me and excitedly reported Jimmy had "tried eggs and loved them". He was amazed that the EFT had significantly helped remove this eating problem. I talked to Jimmy on the phone and he said he did a little more tapping in bed on his own and thought that accounted for helping him eat the eggs.
I worked with Jimmy one more time on the similar feelings, although, he reported he felt "totally different" about his eating.
This vignette is an example of two issues connected to one problem: Jimmy needed (in his mind) to work on the physical feelings related to eating certain foods first, and then the emotional feelings related to his mother's illness. Also significant in this vignette is that from Jimmy's example, it seems helpful to encourage children to tap on their own if they feel they need it.
Children often report feeling like EFT is "magic" because it helps so much with their problems. I always explain to them it is not magic but a really "special tool" that they can use whenever then want to feel better about something. I'm amazed and encouraged that the children who I have taught EFT to, often tell me they "use it all the time".
I believe the results of EFT can be so positive and powerful with children because they have had less time to develop multiple aspects and symptoms related to their problems. Therefore, the EFT can be quicker than with some adults. Also, as children tend to be less guarded and more open to trying new things, they are generally more willing to try a "fun and different" way to feel better about a problem.
Stephanie Drieze, LICSW, CGP
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.