- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
While applying EFT, Deborah Miller from Mexico brings together some useful metaphors to help this young student. In a personal note to me, Deborah says, "How does one motivate a teenager to study especially when the subject at hand doesn't appear to relate to the career the teens wants? Well, I mixed the right ingredients and images to blend the two. See if you like the ingredients and results."
Francisca (not her real name) is a teenager. Her parents brought her to see me because they worried about her grades being low. She is very motivated when it comes to sports, especially tennis, but hardly ever studies. She does the minimum schoolwork possible and studies for her exams only the night before them. Of course, she is not doing well in school.
She is bright but not motivated to study. She wants to be a chef and doesn't understand how studying history could have any effect on her ability to be a chef. We talked about how even if these things aren't directly related, having poor grades may affect her ability to get into her school of choice. We discussed the possibility that knowing history in relation to foods could be of help to her. We began to tap on these topics.
I find school boring; history is boring; the way it is taught is boring.
I don't want to memorize all those names, places and dates.
Who needs it anyway?
How does that relate to being a chef?
I choose to relate what I love, cooking, to history.
I choose to think of the Spanish invading Mexico as ingredients.
The Spanish are chilies with their mouths open devouring the poor Mexicans in the pueblos, and they are like cheese.
Now that is easy to remember.
I can add all the ingredients I need to remember all the places, people and dates too.
This makes studying history much more fun.
She could imagine studying history now because she had a way to relate it to something she enjoys, cooking. I checked how she felt about her parents pestering her to study. She understands that they want her to do well, but she feels bad that they are after her day after day to study. I asked her what that feeling looked like as a color or form and where it was located. She said black and it was in her heart. We tapped:
I'm a great young lady even if I am lazy when it comes to studying history.
I don't get why it is important.
I don't feel good when my parents are after me every night about studying.
It makes me feel bad.
It makes me feel that they don't believe I'm smart.
Maybe I'm not really smart.
Maybe I'm not good enough.
They don't believe in me.
Tears came to her eyes as we tapped on this. Even though the whole time she was in my office she was acting as if everything is ok, she felt deeply hurt because she wanted her parents to be proud of her and they weren't proud of her grades.
I feel sad.
I feel like I'm not worthy.
I'm not good enough.
Yet, I'm smart.
I love to cook.
I'm good at it.
Why do I need to study history?
I am a divine young woman.
I choose to get rid of the black in my heart.
I cook it out with some ingredients.
I choose to use cheese, white cheese, to get rid of the black.
The black turned gray so we continued by adding more cheese until it was white. It only took another round.
I asked again to think about how she feels when her parents pester her about studying. She said fine. Now she knows how to change things, how to study in a different way, how to add the right ingredients to feel good, to remember things, to make changes, and it relates to what she wants to do in her career, be a chef.
I am so pleased for her. She found a new way to relate what she loves, cooking, to school and her homework. She found a way to be creative and independently choose to do well no matter how a subject was being taught to her. She found her a way to be proud of herself and make her parents proud too. All it takes is the right ingredients and she has them.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.