- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
For parents--using EFT with your own children
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Steve Wells provides an important slant for parents who apply EFT to their children. As often occurs, a parent has his/her own frustration/emotion over the child's issue. This can aggravate the problem and create resistance from the child. Solution? Parents should tap themselves first.
Steve's message for parents is given below.
Using EFT with your own children can be a most rewarding experience. It can also be extremely frustrating. Here are a couple of things I have learned from using EFT with my own children.
1. You need to do the tapping on yourself first.
If it isn't working, I would suggest this is the first place you should look, particularly with younger children. They tend to be intimately tied to your own emotional state to determine how they are going to feel. Remember, emotions get transferred between people when we interact, and children are often like tuning forks for our emotional states.
Case in point. One night my son Joshua, age 6, was frightened to go into his room alone telling me he was scared there might be ghosts in there. After explaining that there were no ghosts, and that his light was still on - traditional linear parental logic - he still refused. I told him I would do "the tapping" on this for him to help him to be less afraid. He replied that the tapping would not work (I've found the Apex phenomena is rife even with young children!).
I have tended to ignore such protests in the past as he has had excellent results from EFT even while protesting, "this won't work". I proceeded to rub on his sore spot and say, "Even though you're scared of ghosts, you're still a good kid." Following several rounds and no reduction in fear I, in my frustration, implemented plan B: Exposure treatment - "Feel the fear and do it anyway kid"!
What followed was a very upset little boy who went to his room under extreme sufferance, which was followed by another performance when going to the bathroom to brush his teeth, and still more crying and upset over going to the toilet. Following this, and with me feeling like a total chump for forcing him to suffer so, I took a moment out to think and do some tapping on myself. Then, having produced a little necessary distance, I sat down on the bed with him and started to talk about what was scaring him.
As I was now no longer anxious about his anxiety (or as frustrated with it), I found I was available to listen to him more fully - and target the treatment towards his specific fears - and he was surprisingly more receptive to the EFT as well. He told me about a segment in a TV program with an airship full of ghosts. Not only the images but also what was said on the program had upset him. I asked if he would be able to focus on that while we did the tapping and he agreed.
As he did so, I was able to realise that the slight distance I now had was crucial to getting this to work for him. I needed to be free of my own negative emotional states ABOUT his problem, in order to work with him ON his problem. Prior to this my emotions were clouding my responsivity - and even being transferred to him, shortcircuiting our work together.
I believe if we anxiously tap with someone or on someone we greatly lessen our chances of a positive result - this is why I always tap along with my clients. I don't want my own state to interfere with their healing. Anyway, the conclusion to this story is that we were then able to proceed through several aspects, with me being respectful enough of my son to ask him at each point "What should we call that?" when we identified aspects to tap on, involving him more fully in the process. 5 rounds later and he's off to sleep. Problem solved - at least for now!
My advice to other parents and to therapists: Always, always, always tap on yourself. I have experienced numerous situations where this has made all the difference.
2. Treat yourself for the things your children do that upset you.
When my daughter was born, her particularly loud cry and inbuilt persistence had a significant negative effect on me. I found it mightily stressful to deal with her at these times of auditory assault.
One day while changing her nappy, with her screaming and me getting upset, I realised I needed to do some tapping on this. A few rounds of tapping on her cry and I suddenly became aware of the wide variety of different cries she actually produced. Previously they were all the same - loud and intensely upsetting for me. Now I realised that some cries were due to real pain, some were due to frustration, some were from her simply wanting a little love and affection, etc, etc. Previously, they all translated to me as intense pain. And that was painful for me to cope with so I wanted to immediately jump in and settle her down. Especially when a particularly tired girl could take up to an hour to settle herself down to sleep.
After tapping on myself over her cry, I was able to realise that not all her cries required an immediate response, or the same type of response, or even any response at all on occasions. And I began to feel good about my little girl again. I wish I could say she stopped yelling and screaming. I can report that now almost two years later she does settle more quickly. But the empowerment of being able to "stand in the heat" was significant for a father who never would have been able to cope with this without the tapping.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.