- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This is now a few weeks after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. and, as expected, the repeated showing of the World Trade Center collapse on television has left its traumatic imprint on the psyches of citizens around the world. Children are particularly susceptible to this emotional insult and, unless we take steps to relieve it now, they will likely carry this burden the rest of their lives.
Steve Wells from Australia saw these effects in his own children and takes us through his skillful use of EFT in their behalf. Those of us with children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc. would do well to apply EFT immediately to these youngsters. Even if they are not showing outward signs of being traumatized, it is a good idea to apply EFT anyway. A little insurance may provide a lifetime of freedom.
"Daddy it's falling down! My house is falling down!" My daughter began screaming these words on the morning of her 3rd birthday. Just a moment before, she'd been playing excitedly with her toys, and then she suddenly started screaming. I rushed over and embraced her. In a split second I made the connection with the World Trade Centre disaster (I had thought we had managed to shield her from those disturbing images, but obviously sometime during the initial few days of 24-hour all-channel coverage she had managed to see enough to make a connection) and I asked her "Did you think our house might fall down like those buildings did?" "Yes", she cried. As I held her I began to tap lightly on the face points for her. Within seconds, she was feeling better and began to smile. Soon she was ready to play with her toys again. I thought that would be the end of the matter...
About a week after this event, my 7-year old son, who had a virus and was running a temperature, cried out in the night, "Dad, I need some tapping!" As I walked into his room I couldn't help smiling. Here was a boy that for the first 2 years of my use of EFT would frequently mutter "That won't work!" whenever I suggested tapping. Those who have followed our progress over those years know that typically when I persisted with doing the tapping for him anyway it invariably worked. Now he knows the power of the technique. He doesn't seem to have as much anxiety as he used to and so calls me infrequently these days. And he is learning to do the tapping for himself but he still needs assistance with some "hairy" issues. This one turned out to be quite a hairy one.
When I asked him what was wrong he told me that someone had put boulders on him and he was being crushed by them. He said lying in his bed was like lying on steel and being crushed by these boulders. My mind again moved to the Trade Centre disaster and for a second I wondered where these thoughts might have come from. However I quickly refocused on his experiences and rubbed on his sore spot, saying, "Even though these boulders are crushing you, you're still a good kid and I love you". I have learnt that it is really important not to deny someone's experiences whilst doing EFT and I no longer feel the need to even reframe these into statements such as "Even though it feels like..." Or "Even though you believe..." I have had far better results treating the strongest form of the problem as voiced by the person - or in the case of "dreams" like this, by their subconscious mind.
As I put my hand on my son's chest I felt his little heart beating like mad. I proceeded to tap on the points, whilst having him repeat the words "These boulders". Three rounds of tapping later and his heartbeat felt more normal and he was much more relaxed. He said he was feeling much better and I reminded him that he could continue tapping for himself. We practiced for a moment with him tapping on the points and saying the words. Throughout the process he was smiling the whole time. Then he lay back down and went off to sleep.
The next night, the virus that had been in his system had been transferred to my daughter (one of the joys of parenting), who also had a temperature. Sometime during the night we brought her into our bed as she was burning up with fever. At some point during this time, she again started screaming, "Daddy, it's falling down, my house is falling down!" whilst pointing at the walls.
It was only the morning after this event that I stopped to reflect on how calm I was during this time, and how my totally calm matter-of-fact manner actually helped her engage with the tapping process at the time and facilitated her calming down also. I have mentioned previously how important I believe it is for parents to tap on themselves for their children's problems and how they are affected by this. Now once again I have been convinced of the power of this. Having previously done a lot of tapping on my daughter's upsets I now felt calm and able to deal with the situation.
Once again, I did the tapping with my daughter, but this time I persisted until it was clear that she was truly over the experience. I rubbed on her sore spot for her and repeated the words, this time focusing on her feelings "Even though you're scared Daddy loves you and you're still a good girl", and when tapping alternated from the feelings to the images that I knew were disturbing her ("Scared", "House falling down"). The whole process took maybe 5 or 6 minutes, after which she settled down and went off to sleep. Had we treated all the aspects? I'm not sure, but it sure is reassuring to know that we have a tool ready at hand to treat these problems should they come to light again.
Two days after my daughter's late-night panic I have been reflecting on how grateful I am to have a technique such as EFT to assist both my family and myself to deal with problems such as this, particularly in these difficult times. I am reflecting on the fact that I was able to fly across the country two days after the World Trade Centre disaster and was able to totally eliminate the anxiety that came up prior to the trip, only remembering about it afterwards as I reached my destination. And the fact that whilst away my airline company went bust and I was stuck in a city over 3000km from home with the prospects of being there for some time - and it truly didn't upset me! And the fact that while I see anxiety all around me right now and have plenty of reasons to be worried I am still able to function with relative calm and make some quite difficult business and financial decisions.
I truly believe that there is more need than ever right now for EFT and other energy therapy techniques to be shared as widely as possible with the world. I believe we are experiencing a global anxiety unprecedented in this generation and the need for techniques such as these has never been stronger. I believe that for most of us the place to start is in our own homes, with our own family and friends, and with ourselves.
Whether or not you think you were personally traumatised by the events of September 11 or by subsequent events, I encourage you to treat yourself and everyone in your family anyway. While you are there, treat yourself for anxiety about the future and what "Might happen" as well as some of the bad things that inevitably will happen. Then you will be able to move forward without fear and continue to live your life.
Osama Bin Laden said, essentially, that no-one in America - and, by implication, any of her allied countries - will be able to live without fear. Let's prove him wrong.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.