- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
In my recent correspondences I came across three interesting cases. Two of them are by newcomers to EFT (Patty Beach and Kristine Lotoski) and one is by experienced EFT'er Dr. Alex Leed. You should find them to be interesting additions to your education.
Helping children to sleep and socialize
I just learned about EFT through a Cheryl Richardson presentation. I ordered your Newcomer's Videos and have used the techniques on myself with some mixed success. I want to emphasize I am a total neophyte to EFT and yet am getting a lot of benefit from it.
Since your last note I began adding EFT to my children's bedtime ritual. My daughter, who is 4, was afraid to sleep by herself. She had been experiencing fears and nightmares at bedtime. Getting her to sleep always required a lot of work. I decided to try tapping her on that topic. The very first night bedtime was much easier. After 3 nights of tapping she now goes to bed alone without fear.
She also is asking me to tap her at night. She loves the attention. She now tells me what to say when I tap and what I forgot if I miss a tapping spot.
I have also been tapping my son who is 7, starting 1st grade. He has a hard time socializing. I tapped him to relieve his sadness about a friend who didn't want to play with him. The tapping seemed to help ease his hurt feelings immediately. The surprising thing is he seems to be approaching the whole friend making thing with a lot less fear of rejection.
Thank you so much for sharing this wisdom,
professional coach and grateful mom
A personal experience with EFT and lactose intolerance
By Kristine Lotoski
Here is a quick write up about my lactose intolerance experience with tapping [EFT].
1. Before tapping, I was probably lactose intolerant for most of my life. But it wasn't until my adult years that I experienced the first lactose attack that I could not ignore. Yogurt with granola was my all time favorite and a great way to get protein. It was also my nemesis.
Milk upset my stomach. So did heavy cream sauces and half-and half . Ice cream for some reason had not created any painful knots in my intestines at that point. Milk and yogurt bloated my stomach and intestines with painful gas. Yogurt was definitely the most painful attacker of all.
Also, before the tapping, I frequently ran to the bathroom following indulgence in heavy cream dishes. The pain for heavy cream dishes was a 5 (on a 0-10 scale) and my stomach and intestines broke the sound barrier. My stomach rumbled and wheezed and made some strange noises. I figured I had food poisoning. The yogurt was a 6 working its way to a unmistakable 10.
Though, I had had painful lactose gaseous attacks before, yogurt gave me a LEVEL 10 attack in 1992. Over the years I had what both my doctors and I thought were "just stomach aches'' and stress attacks. It was in the summer of 1992 that I could not ignore these aches any more. Still, I had no idea what they were.
Then it was that fall of 1992, that I had the worst attack in history. Literally, I was writhing in pain. It felt like my intestines would implode. I took all kinds of household medicines to help myself get past this unbearable pain. Nothing helped. Finally, my family, doctor and I dismissed this episode as a batch of bad yogurt.
In 1996, while a graduate student at a medical school no less, I was tested for gastro-intestinal problems. I drank barium and they did x-rays and such. The diagnosis came back as negative. My doctor said it was stress related.
2. Finally, In winter1999, I had a tapping session with a friend of mine. She said she suspected that I had lactose intolerance amongst other allergies.
My friend tapped me for lactose intolerance for 1 session for approx. 3 minutes. She tapped me for milk, yogurt, eggs, and butter. Yogurt she said was the worst: a 10.
Then she suspected that I had more allergies. She also tapped me for wheat allergy. If I remember right, she said that was a strong allergy and tapped me for 5 minutes. I now rate this a 2. I can eat wheat now without the watering eyes and blowing of the nose. I do, however, infrequently experience tightening of the lungs. (We would have done more but she was traveling back to Ontario. )
3. After the tapping
It had been years that I lived with lactose intolerance before my friend discovered it and provided a cure. She surmises that I had it most of my life, yet no one knew. Now I eat yogurt everyday, if I want. I can travel to friends' houses for a weekend trip without bringing soy products. I still enjoy soy, but I now use their milk and creams and yogurt and eat their ice cream. It is a huge relief. I don't have to pack a cooler! I can enjoy a latte, a cappacinno, or a malted. I generally do not eat or drink these. However, if I feel like splurging at a birthday party or some celebration, I am no longer concerned about my locality to a bathroom or at what time I will be in the car traveling, etc. I can eat Italian cream sauces again.
Heavy rich cream sauces will still upset my stomach a bit. Then some diarrhea later. However, there is no urgency to get to a bathroom. The stomach upset is a 2 for discomfort. I don't experience pain nor am I concerned that I will not make it to a bathroom quickly enough. I should tap again on the heavy cream sauces in order to knock the 2 to a 0, but I am not COMPLAINING!
Essentially, I have returned to a regular life. I am so grateful for this.
Another lactose intolerance case
By Dr. Alexander Lees
Thought you might like to hear about the following case.
A client was presenting her list to me of things she wished to resolve, there were marital difficulties, child raising differences, and a host of other related issues to be dealt with. As she was reading her list, she apologized for having "the sniffles" as she called it, and mentioned it was because she'd eaten something with milk in it, and followed up with "even though I know I shouldn't."
When I expressed concern and interest, she quickly explained she'd been diagnosed as lactose intolerant and had been advised to ingest lactase, an enzyme, whenever she used a milk based food. Her symptoms were runny nose, puffiness around the eyes, and an itchy sensation (especially on the face) and, occasionally, a red rash would appear on her throat.
I asked her how long had she been taking the enzyme. Apparently for at least a month. The second question, how long had the symptoms been present, was answered with "over a year."
I gave her the briefest of explanations of EFT, and tapped the hand P.R. point using the phrase "even though I have this allergy to dairy products, which I really love, I deeply and completely accept myself." These were the words she chose to frame the problem. We repeated this three times, then did a full round using the reminder phrase "this allergy to dairy products." She said she didn't feel any different, and we returned to the main reasons for her visit for the rest of the session.
On the third visit, I asked her how she was doing with her allergic reaction to dairy products. "Oh, fine, the doctor said that sometimes some people take longer than the normal time to respond to the enzyme treatment."
GC COMMENT: I've lost count of the number of times that someone has achieved relief using EFT but then explained the results by some other means. EFT, for now, is a belief violator and will continue to generate these "alternate explanations" until it becomes more widely known.
ALEX CONTINUES: We moved on to other issues, and one day, her sister was referred to me. (Approx. 2 months later.)
I asked how her sister was doing with her allergy. "Oh, that's long gone," she replied, "'Kelly' got over it shortly after she first came to see you."
Do enzymes have a delayed reaction ? I haven't a clue. Did EFT clear it in less than 4 minutes of application? I guess we won't ever know that, either. However, it was an interesting enough coincidence to pass along the story to you.
Dr. Alexander R. Lees
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.