- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Northstar Family Matters Magazine published an article about using EFT and TappyBear (a toy bear with buttons on it representing the tapping points). It was written by Syandra Ingram, a school counselor for pre-teens.
EFT - Not a Band-Aid!
As a school counselor, the sobering statistics of suicide, obesity, child abuse, drug abuse, teen pregnancy, and juvenile crime are disheartening. I see children with so much loss, trauma and anxiety that it often felt like I was putting band-aids on gaping wounds. These kids needed something more. The vast majority of parents are good people who want to help their children, but don’t know how. Many of them are the walking wounded - caregivers working two jobs who are just too tired to be there physically or emotionally for their children. I desperately wanted something, anything that could actually help.
That’s how I discovered EFT, Emotional Freedom Techniques, an energy therapy based on the body’s meridian points. A kind of “psychological acupressure,” EFT sounded too good to be true, but I was desperate so I started to use it on friends, family and myself. Amazed at the results, I finally tried it with my students.
Children love the unusual, and they responded beautifully to EFT. I used it for everything! The first grader whose baby sister died suddenly and now had to be pried from his mother’s leg each morning because of separation anxiety; the tearful 4th grader who is sad because her father hadn’t been home in months; an angry boy who thinks life isn’t fair and takes it out on his teacher; a whole group of 6th graders at high-risk for failing the state-mandated math test. EFT worked! I now had a tool that made a difference, and I was ready to take it to the classrooms. But, how?
The how turned out to be this amazing, beautiful, cuddly teddy bear called TappyBear, with buttons that show where the meridian points are located. I went into the classrooms and gave a brief explanation of the body’s energy system, explaining that when we get hurt, scared, or angry, it’s like a “zap” to our energy system, and sometimes creates an energy block.
I used the analogy of the body’s blood vessels and arteries, explaining that if we get a clot in a vein or artery, we can die. When we get a “clot” in our energy system, that negative emotion that zapped us gets trapped. That’s why some adults and children are so angry, sad, anxious, whatever. They have lots of trapped negative emotions in their energy systems.
Then I showed them the buttons on TappyBear, saying that they are “almost like magic,” because they can dissolve the energy clots, which also dissolves the angry, sad or negative feelings. Children are always ready to give it a try because they still believe in magic and happy endings.
In the classroom, I selected an issue that several children could identify with, “I don’t like reading.” Each student wrote down a number from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the strongest) indicating how much they didn’t like reading. Then we began.
I told the students to tap the karate-chop point on their own bodies and repeat what I said. I tapped the spot on TappyBear saying,
Even though I don’t like to read, I deeply and completely love and accept myself because I’m an awesome kid. (Repeat 3 times)
Then I tapped on the rest of the spots on TappyBear as the students copied me.
Eyebrow: I hate reading!
Side of Eye: Reading’s too hard!
Under Eye: Don’t understand what I read!
Under Nose: Can’t remember what I read!
Chin: Don’t like reading!
Collarbone: Reading is torture!
Under Arm: I hate reading!
Top of Head: It’s too hard!
We say the statements with a lot of emotion so the students get involved and strongly identify with their feelings about reading. They love it when I say things like “Reading is torture!” because for some of them, it is! For others, they may realize, “Well, it’s not all that bad!” At the conclusion of the round, I ask the students to check their feelings to see if their numbers shifted. Since the numbers do shift, it’s a great revelation to the students that they have the power to change their feelings about something!
I also use TappyBear in my office for individual and group counseling. I now have five TappyBears so everyone in the group gets to hold their own. The 5th grade boys are as eager to hold and tap on the bears as the 1st and 2nd grade girls.
Many of my students are already familiar with EFT and TappyBear just adds to the fun. For students new to EFT, or for those who are very angry or distrustful, TappyBear is such a gentle, non-threatening way to introduce EFT.
Last week a new student came to me. Billy had a lot to deal with, including an incarcerated parent, a shocking, unexpected death in the family, and the sudden death of a beloved pet. He was saying things like, “I want to hurt myself” and “I might as well die.” I briefly explained the body’s energy system, and we used the TappyBears. Billy responded immediately and positively. After a few rounds on the bears, we moved to tapping on ourselves. Billy easily switched from tapping on the bear to tapping on himself. I also noticed that he continued to hold the bear even when we tapped on ourselves. Does Billy still have problems to deal with? Of course he does, but now he has a tool he can use to help himself.
Our children face many challenges and need our help. The introduction of EFT and TappyBear was so successful that my goal is for every school counselor to know about them. It is an incredible life-changing technique and tool for kids and adults. It would be wonderful if we could put EFT and a TappyBear in every classroom and home!
About the Author: Syandra Ingram, EFT-ADV, MS, is a certified counselor, Ordained Minister, and EFT-Advanced practitioner. She has been an educator for 25 years, the last 10 of which have been as a school counselor in a Pre-K -6th grade campus. She has two happily-married sons and makes her home in Pasadena, Texas.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.