- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- An ADHD case
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Angry teenager
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Children respond well to EFT but it is usually necessary to "enter their world" in order to gain rapport. Deborah Miller, PhD from Mexico does just that by integrating a delightful balloon visualization with EFT.
I worked with Lupita, an 11 year old girl. She is a sweet child who moved to a new school two years ago. Since the move she has not enjoyed school nor been doing well academically.
At first she was shy about talking about why she didn’t like school so her mother interjected and stated several reasons. Lupita was still uncomfortable. So I asked her if she had ever worked with someone like me who was going to do EFT with her. She said no so I told her not to worry because it was a new experience and that we would do this together, her, her mother and me. Between all of us we’d share what we needed to help her. She immediately relaxed.
We started with the problems at school. There is a group of students, boys and girls, who tell her daily that she is stupid and ugly. It bothers her immensely, so much so that she doesn’t want to go to school. No wonder her grades are not up to par.
After showing Lupita the tapping points, we started tapping on the emotions she felt when these students said these mean things to her. She immediately started to cry. We tapped on the hurt feelings, the sadness, the loneliness, the isolation. We also tapped on how it wasn’t her fault that the others called her names and she didn’t need to take it personally.
She relaxed some.
We tapped on how sometimes others are mean when they feel inferior so they say mean things to make themselves feel better, bigger or more important. I realized that she was doing well with the words I was using, but I wanted to reach a deeper level. So I decided to use visualizing while tapping.
While tapping, I asked her if she would like to get rid of these feelings. She nodded yes. I asked if she could imagine a balloon filling up with the emotions she felt when the students said she was ugly. She nodded yes. I asked her what color the balloon was. She said green. I asked if she could see it filling up with the sadness she felt. I asked how big the balloon was. It was twice the size of my house. That’s a lot of emotion being held onto.
We continued to tap on the points during this dialog. I asked if she had put every sad emotion into the balloon and she nodded yes. Then I asked her to cut the string tying the balloon to her. She did so. When I asked her where the balloon went she said up in the sky. I asked her what she would like to put in the space in her body where the sadness used to be. She said happiness. I asked if we could also add love and she agreed. I asked her what color happiness and love were and she said red. So we tapped that she was filling up with happiness and love and it was red. We tapped and visualized until she felt full of happiness and love. She looked visibly relieved and a smile came to her face.
Then we went back to deal with the other emotions around the students at school and her not wanting to do her homework. I asked her to fill another balloon. This time it was a red one. We tapped on her being smart and capable of doing her homework. That she could find ways to make it fun, like drawing. She likes to sketch things. That she studies so that she can do well on her exams even if those other students cheat. It doesn’t make them smarter than her. She will study so that she is really intelligent.
She filled the balloon with her hurt feelings and cut it loose. We filled the space in her body with tranquility and it looked blue. Again a smile came across her face.
The last topic was about her father not coming to see her. (Her parents are divorced and live with their grandmother.) It made her feel very sad. She wanted him to come more often but he didn’t. So we picked another balloon, a blue one. She filled it with her loneliness and feelings of being rejected by her father. Again she cut this balloon free. This time she wanted to fill the space with love. It was pink. A hot pink. I asked what kind of flower it was and she said a rose. So we laughed about her being a hot pink rose, a beautiful pink rose.
During this session we tapped on the following emotions and ideas:
* feeling ugly
* feeling stupid
* wanting to be accepted and loved by her father and others
* forgiving others when they say bad things because they might not feel good about themselves so they hurt others in order to feel better
* being responsible for her own studies no matter if others cheat
* she doesn’t have to take what others say personally because inside she knows she’s ok
* she is beautiful inside and that makes her beautiful outside
Afterwards, her mother said she didn’t realize her daughter was holding in so many emotions, but was glad to see her daughter so relaxed.
I enjoyed the process of using visualization with this child. It helped her release quickly and in a way that was fun for her. That made the experience enjoyable for both of us.
Deborah Miller, Ph.D.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.