- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- What to do in the hospital
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Core Issues
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- Using EFT
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- Further bridges to our history
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Tapping with tunes
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- EFT enhances many things
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- New Uses for EFT
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- After EFT, Kay
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- The Inner Committee
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- Does EFT compete with God?
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- Including the word
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many successes doing
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- Breaking habits
- Relaxing a dying man
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Combining EFT with Humor
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT relieves an unusual
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Headache relief over the phone
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- Why do people resist EFT?
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- EFT Question Tapping
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Try fork bending with EFT
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- Finding the root of the problem
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- About Voice Technology...
- EFT and sex
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Tapping along with a prayer
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- Tuning in to the problem
- EFT in Daily Life
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- It is your response that counts.
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- Methods for working with pain
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- A Conversation With Your Body
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- Let it be easy
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- Blending NLP with EFT
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Who do YOU think you are?
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- The Vibration of Abundance
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- Tapping for the United Nations
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Tap and be rich
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
The EFT Imagineering Technique
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
In this 5 part series, EFT Master Gwyneth Moss from the UK brings a highly creative technique to our attention. It has very widespread uses ... particularly on physical issues.
Part 1: What is Imagineering?
Part 2: How to use Imagineering
Part 3: An Experience of EFT Imagineering
Part 4: A Pain in the Jaw
Part 5: The Bones in the Cave
Part 1: What is Imagineering?
When using EFT with a physical symptom the obvious place to start is with the pain. But what if there is no pain? Sometimes when people come to us for help with a physical symptom they tell us how painful it has been and how they anticipate further pain but when you ask “on a scale from 0 to 10 where 0 is no pain at all and 10 is as bad as it can be, what number would you give it now?” Their response comes back “well it doesn’t hurt just now”. Oh where do we get started with EFT when someone has a painless condition with no visible symptoms?
It was for these painless, invisible conditions that I developed the Imagineering technique and then found it had many other applications. In this article I’ll give you an overview and in the next I’ll show you how to use Imagineering.
Your imagination uses your full consciousness to create metaphors of reality. Our conscious consciousness resides in the left hemisphere of the cortex - the thinking part of the brain which seeks meaning and causality and processes sequentially. Our imagination is the process of awareness by the left side of the brain of images, sounds and felt senses arising in the right side of the brain which processes spatially or simultaneously in response to emotion generated in our emotional brain. Sound too complicated? Let’s try again,
Our words are:
- connected to images, that are
- connected to emotions, that are
- connected to our body.
In Imagineering we make use of this chain of connections to gain access to the roots of dis-ease in a gentle and indirect manner.
This is a technique we can add to our collection of EFT ‘gentle techniques’. We know that our physical symptoms have emotional roots. At times a person is not able to handle those emotions and therefore avoids recall of those emotional experiences. That may be precisely how the physical symptom comes into place. Imagineering allows an indirect and metaphorical access to the emotion locked in the symptom and gives an opportunity for the calming and clearing effects of EFT to get to work. The core issues can then come safely into awareness. Using imagination we can access deeper consciousness to generate metaphorical reality. Using EFT on various aspects of the metaphorical reality generally results in change to the metaphor which, in turn, translates into change in physical reality. But, that’s just explanation and what counts is experience so here is an Imagineering example.
The Case of Wendy's Finger
Wendy is an artist. She tells me that she has arthritis in her finger joint which has been getting painful and preventing her from holding a paintbrush. When she comes to me to learn EFT she says “it doesn’t hurt right now but it can get really bad”. Knowing that she is an artist I confidently expect that she will enjoy the Imagineering technique with EFT, so I ask her first to imagine that she holds a small light in her hand, it may be a bulb or a flame or just a bright little light. Wendy imagines a small and powerful flashlight.
Next we try it out. I ask her to imagine that she shrinks the light down so that it is very, very small and very, very bright and that she sticks it into her ear and imagines that she goes with it right inside her head. I ask her to tell me what it’s like in there. She tells me that she is in a beautiful cavern and that there is a soft humming sound and the cavern is vast and spacious and the walls are sparkling and soft colours.
I ask what it’s like to be in there. She says it is warm and there are all sorts of things floating about like old friends and her father’s dog and her school desk and she is weightless and feels like giggling. I ask her to come back out and we talk about her pleasant experience.
Then I ask her to put the little bright light into her finger joint and to go inside with it. When she brings the light out again she tells me that inside it is cold and dim and there are jagged spikes of broken glass and screeching glass sounds. It feels lonely in there.
Then we tap on “even though there are jagged spikes and broken glass in my finger joint ….” And, “even though it’s lonely in my finger”. I ask her what the ‘lonely’ is like and she tells me that sometimes her husband travels for his business and that even if it is only for one night it feels desperately lonely and that’s like when she was little and her father who was a ship’s captain would go to sea for months. So we tap with “even though I know he’s coming back but I get sad like when daddy went away to sea….” We then tap using The Movie Technique with a specific memory from her childhood.
I ask her to take the light back inside the finger joint. She tells me that it is warmer in there and the glass is now ice and is dripping and melting, the screeching sound is fading and more distant. We do more tapping: “even though there is dripping ice in there…. “When she next goes inside the finger with her little light the ice has melted and there is a clear blue pool, a soft humming sound and she feels calm. She looks different too, her face has softened and there is a sparkle in her eyes.
Later that year she told me that she had far less bother from her arthritis through the winter, physically the pain is much less frequent and her finger seems to move more easily and does not interfere with her painting. Whenever her finger did bother her she shut her eyes for a while, sat quietly and meditated on the clear blue pool and felt the pain ease.
In the second of these articles I’ll talk you through how to use Imagineering.
Gwyneth Moss, EFT Master
Part 2: How to use Imagineering
Imagineering is a gentle approach to working with painless and/or invisible symptoms. In this article I’ll take you through the steps of using it and will illustrate with an example.
First, identify where in the body the symptom is located and what parts of the body are not affected by the condition. Some conditions may be located in a specific area or organ, others may be pervasive and you will have to ask questions to identify where it is most concentrated or where is most affected and where is not.
Ally comes to me in considerable distress. She has just discovered a lump in her breast and is waiting for a medical appointment to have tests. She can just about feel the lump if she presses but it has no pain or sensation. We establish that the lump is in her left breast and other areas of her body are OK.
I then explain to her that our verbal awareness lives in the left side of our thinking brain and that the right side of our brain is the realm of pictures, metaphor and dreams (our imagination) and that the right side has more connection to her emotional brain which has connection to her body. We will be using her imagination to work with that chain of connections: words-imagination-emotions-body.
Sometimes at this point a person will say “I don’t have an imagination” Now, this may be a “Writing on the Walls” (see EFT and the Palace of Possibilities). To clear that block you can ask some gentle questions and do some tapping. Or, you can point out that all their worries and anxieties are generated by the misuse of imagination and that you just can’t get anxious without an imagination. I also explain that everyone is unique in how they use their imagination and each person will have their own experience and that there is no right or wrong way to do this – it’s a judgement free space in which to play. Some experience imagination with colours, pictures and shapes, other people get sounds, music or voices and some get a feeling sense of being there. Whatever you get is what you get.
Our imaginations work best and we have better access to their output when we are calm and relaxed. So I ask the person to take three good breaths each one a little slower and deeper than the previous one and to let their out breath drift slowly out and away and taking any tension or worry with it. Then I ask them to imagine that they hold a bright light in their hand, it may be a flame or a flashlight or simply a ball of light and once they have that light to shrink it down so that it gets smaller and brighter and fits on the tip of a finger. We are now ready to do an imagination test run. I like to use the inside of the head to do this but you could choose another part of the body as long as it is not the part most affected by the condition.
I hold my finger up with my bright light and Ally mirrors me as I put my finger in my ear and close my eyes. I ask her to take the light inside her head and for her imagination to go with it and shine it around. I am quiet for a minute or so while she does this, then I suggest that she can come back out when she is ready to. She says there is nothing there, so I ask her to go back in, wait quietly, with curiosity and to let her imagination surprise her, to pretend. If there was something there what would it be? She says it’s like she is in a woodland, its quiet and still and there are little birds around. She likes doing this now.
Some people will report a very realistic visualisation like an anatomy book, others will have a metaphorical or dream like experience and a significant number will initially say “nothing” and may need some encouragement to “pretend” or “guess” or “make it up”. The important thing with the test run is that they have some sort of experience. Now that we have done a test run we approach the symptom. I generally ask the person how the light is going to get inside. Some chose to stick it in through the flesh and others will want to swallow it or insert their finger into their navel or back into the ear again.
Ally puts her finger to her breast and shuts her eyes, I wait patiently. A minute later she withdraws her finger and says “there’s a round hard boulder of rock”. So we tap with “Even though there’s this round hard boulder of rock in my breast….”
Once you have the imagined metaphor whether it is visual or a sound or a felt sense simply put their description, their exact words into EFT and tap for a round or two. Then send them back in there with their imagination. Chances are that something will be different, take their new description and put their words into the EFT setup and tapping.
Ally goes back inside and finds that the boulder now has an opening like a cave, so we tap with that “even though there is an opening and a cave in the boulder….” Then as she goes back inside the cave becomes a womb and as she says the word “womb” she gets overwhelmed with tears so we simply tap a few rounds with the one word “womb” until she calms down. Now the womb opens and she sees her adult son (who has mental health difficulties) curled up in there and sulking. Ally tells me that her son is now living independently and things are going well for him but that’s not how it used to be and there were years of intense and overwhelming difficulty. We use The Movie Technique to clear the emotion of several intense events from when he was a teenager. We address her guilt, her powerlessness at being unable to help him and her anger at his constant demands. When she returns inside she sees him smiling and then he picks up his bag and leaves the cave/womb and waves to her. We do some more tapping and when she eventually returns inside the boulder now appears to her as soft rubber like a child’s ball. Ally is smiling and looks relaxed. A week later I hear the result of her tests, the lump is a benign cyst.
Imagineering can often take us to the core issue that underlies the physical manifestation of dis-ease. It’s a gentle approach that allows the specific core issue to come to consciousness once the person is ready to receive it and make the connections. Start with tapping for whatever they imagine then tap to clear the emotional intensity of whatever connected memories come into awareness. You could use The Movie Technique or Tell the Story. There is no set pattern to these cases – you simply start with the imagination, the images, sounds and feelings and let the body wisdom of the person take it where it needs to go. As the therapist you do not need to know the diagnosis or anything about the condition, you can trust that whatever is relevant will emerge.
One way to use imagination as a part of Imagineering is to guide the person’s imagination into a healthy part of their body for comparison. Susan has eczema so after a test run in her head we take her light into the broken and itchy skin. She is a musician and says that everything is an angry red in there and she can hear discordant and jarring Stockhausen. Then we take the light into a clear patch of skin on the other arm, the colour here is clear blue and she can hear Bach. So we use EFT choices: “Even though its angry red and jarring Stockhausen in this eczema skin I choose clear Blue Bach all over me!”
For both client and therapist, Imagineering is gentle and fun as the client’s images and metaphors bring their own humour and can fill therapy sessions with lightness that counters the serious nature of the condition and memories that may emerge. I hope you enjoy playing with it.
Gwyneth Moss, EFT Master
Part 3: An Experience of EFT Imagineering
Mary Nugent attended my EFT Level Three training. As part of the training I teach and demonstrate the EFT Imagineering technique. This is a technique I have developed which uses a person’s imagination to ‘get inside’ a physical symptom so that we can extract information to tap with. In the previous two EFT Imagineering articles I have described the technique and how to use it.
Essentially you imagine a tiny bright light at the end of an index finger, then you take a few slow deep breaths to relax (imagination blossoms when consciousness softens) and test run your imagination by placing the light in your ear and going right inside your head with your imagination.
Mary says: “I saw an old fashioned university library with stained glass windows and shaded lights reflecting off polished wooden tables, but part of my skull, about one quarter in a mezzanine area, was full of small cartoon characters the “numbskulls” from a childhood comic book. The numbskulls were keeping everything working away efficiently. I liked this sense of the ridiculous juxtaposed against the sombre university library. I must put in here that I have never felt myself to be a very visual person and in fact never felt comfortable with visualisation exercises as I felt I always had to work too hard to try to get any mind pictures. This was not the case with the imagineering however.”
Mary had a painful shoulder which had bothered her for about six months, she had the tired and drained look of someone bearing the burden of pain. The pain was constant and seemed worse at night, to the extent that she found it difficult to get to sleep and was often awoken from sleep with pain if she moved in the night. Mary is a generally optimistic and cheerful person but the pain was dragging her down and painkillers had little effect. Having done a test run we now took the little light inside her shoulder which had an initial pain level of 9.
Mary says: “My initial vision of my shoulder was that one half of it was made up of hard frosted white ice and the other half was made up of the burning fires of hell.”
We tapped with “Even though there is hard frosted ice and the burning fires of hell in my shoulder, I truly and deeply accept myself and I really do accept myself whatever these images mean!”
“I shone the light again and the ice was not so sharp or so frosted but clear and blunter as thought it had started to melt. The burning fires of hell were more like embers – I think I described the heat now as “granny” heat. Which represented to me a more gentle, caring heat. This brought some tears to my eyes as I still miss my grandmother”.
We talked a little about her grandmother and then tapped again for the ice and heat and she shone the light again: “this time I just got an impression of Aladdin’s genie. This genie was like a cartoon figure with an enormous upper body, and tiny legs coming into pointy feet. His feet danced from the cold ice to the hot embers and he danced as though he was jiggling from the cold ice to the hot embers and back again. His hot feet melted the ice and his cold feet then cooled the embers.” It was obvious to all that Mary was now enjoying herself, she looked lighter and we all laughed with the humour of the dancing genie jumping from the ice to the embers.
So we tapped for the dancing genie. Each time Mary took her imagination inside with the light and then reported what she saw I simply reflected her exact words back to her with EFT. “Even though Aladdin’s genie is dancing on the cold ice and the hot embers and I really don’t know where that comes from I absolutely accept myself.” Then we repeated the shining of the light once more. The image changed to an image of Cleopatra’s needle stabbing into the centre of the front of her shoulder where it is most painful. We tapped for the needle and the feelings it provoked and shone the light again.
“This time as I shone the light I got the image of a lizard wrapping itself around the needle and this lizard led to the blunting of the edges of the obelisk. We tapped and shone again and the needle disappeared and the lizard has draped itself over my shoulder to nurture it and protect it “
To some people a lizard would be threatening or unwelcome but to Mary this lizard was a healer and protector. She visibly smiled, relaxed and softened at this point so I asked about her pain levels which had reduced to about a 2.
Mary says “Not only did my pain reduce significantly but the exercise left me with a tool to use when I felt the pain or when it was stopping me from sleeping. That tool was the lizard, I just got the feeling that if I imagined the lizard draped over my shoulder it would ease the pain.”
“When I returned home from the workshop, I still had some remaining pain, but it would peak at a 5 or 6 rather than a 9 or 10. The big difference was that almost immediately I could sleep through the night without being awakened with the pain. Then after about 2 weeks or so the pain left completely for a period of about six months, I have some renewed pain now but when it comes back I imagine the lizard and it seems to ease it considerably.”
“Gwyneth no one was more surprised than I was at the totally unexpected images that came to mind during this exercise. As I said before, I had never considered myself at all good at image work or visualisation and had no clue that my imagination could be so vivid and so diverse. The images also brought up lots of humour and I think that for me humour is a great help to shift my energy and to get a new perspective on things. “
I love the EFT Imagineering Technique because it offers a way of working with both acute and chronic physical symptoms that is:
- gentle and indirect
- respectful of a person’s privacy
- fun and humorous
- fast and effective
In fact all the best things about EFT!
Part 4: A Pain in the Jaw
Liz Kirsop came on my “Art of Delivery” EFT workshop and she would like to share her experience of the EFT Imagineering technique. Liz says:
“Ten years ago I started to get pain in my jaw and face plus headaches that my doctor said was migraine. It all got a lot worse when I started to work in a call centre and sometimes I could hardly open my mouth wide enough to speak. I had to take days off with dreadful ‘migraines”. Happily, my dentist fixed me up with a plastic splint that looks like a boxer’s gum-shield. I had to wear it every night as the dentist explained that the problem was caused by my grinding or clamping my teeth when asleep. It did help but found I had to also use a special pillow else my neck and shoulders would become painful. Whenever I went on business trips or holidays I took this gum-shield thing and my pillow everywhere. Still I would get the pain sometimes – after a long drive, a poor night’s sleep or at times of stress and worry.”
All of us experience stress in our lives and when it gets to a chronic level our bodies have to find somewhere to put it. With some of us it is the lower back or shoulders with others it is in our breathing or gut and the jaw is another common stress dumping ground.
“I’d had a bad night and had driven a fair distance to get to Gwyneth’s training group and my face was really sore so I gladly volunteered to be the guinea pig for Imagineering. First Gwyneth told me to imagine there was a very bright light on the end of my forefinger. I couldn’t help thinking of E.T.! We took time to get it really bright and then went exploring my knee, imagining the light on the end of my finger entering the joint and shining around. It was a smooth walled pinkish white cave and quite pleasant.”
I always like to do a test drive of the imagination before taking the little light to the problem area. Usually I test by having the person put the little light inside their ear and use it to take their imagination into the centre of their head. This is what Mary Nugent did in the previous article.
However Liz felt that the problem of her face and jaw and associated migraines was too much in her head and so we sought somewhere else to explore for a test run – Liz suggested her knee. The test run gives a person an experience of their imagination and lets the therapist know whether we are working with visual imagination or if the person experiences imagination in a more auditory or feeling manner. Quite a proportion of people do not have a visual imagination but we can still use Imagineering. For those who are highly auditory I might ask them to go inside with a tiny and sensitive microphone rather than a light.
“Then we went to my ear in order to get into the jaw area where the problem was. From my ear there was a dark chute down to the jaw and I didn’t want to go down it so we came out of there and tapped on that fear.”
As the therapist at this stage I simply take Liz’s description and reflect it back to her through EFT as in “Even though it’s a dark chute and I’m scared to go down there I really do accept myself whatever that means”. Then I have Liz go back into her jaw with the light and her imagination and…
“When I went back in there was more light and a handrail and I went down the slope into the jaw area. It was dark and cold, rather claustrophobic. There was a shallow pool I had to cross and I didn’t want to. The water was very cold and I didn’t know how deep or what might be lurking in there. I felt lonely and scared.”
Again we simply reflect back the imagined experience using as many of the senses as possible “Even though its dark and cold and scary and lonely and I don’t want to cross that pool, I truly and deeply accept myself and all of this”
Liz comments: “a member of the group asked why Gwyneth had not come into the cave or the pool with me as I seemed to be needing that, as a child would. My perception was that it was important that Gwyneth did not come in because it was totally my place and I had to get comfortable in it by myself in my way” This is very important. The imagery and feelings change through the tapping. We do not need to interpret the meaning or to get involved or to try to change things consciously. As the therapist you simply reflect back through the EFT process whatever imagery or emotion arises.
At this stage a memory emerged for Liz from when she was about 11 years old. She had swum to the deep end of a public swimming pool, found herself out of her depth, got into a panic and felt that she was drowning. Liz had obviously been a stronger swimmer than she thought she was as she had been able to struggle to the side on her own and had got her breath back. She survived but in that moment of panic she thought she was going to die. There were lifeguards and family members around the pool but none had seen Liz panic and struggle. When a memory emerges during the use of the Imagineering technique, we simply switch to the Movie Technique and use EFT in the usual way by giving the Movie a name and then tapping bit by bit through the crescendos of the story. We did that with the Deep End movie for Liz and cleared the fear and panic so that Liz could experience it as more distant and tell it without intensity.
Liz says: “A surprise was that once the panic subsided I realized that I felt ashamed for having nearly drowned and I had never told anyone about it because I was embarrassed and just thought I was being stupid.”
That feeling of shame stopped Liz from getting the comfort, support and encouragement that could have prevented the trauma from getting stuck in her system. When we have to keep something secret and don’t talk about it our brains cannot integrate the experience and it gets buried with the full emotion ready to be triggered by innocuous triggers that match the pattern.
After doing a thorough job with the movie technique we returned to Imagineering and Liz went back to her jaw. “I went back in and into the pool. It was not deep at all – something like a Jacuzzi, the water was blue and just slightly warmer than it had been, and it was a pleasant place to be. There was also a crab in the water but just a tiny one and I was happy for it to be there.”
Very often in the imagery a creature appears when the shift has happened: the lizard that wrapped itself around Mary Nugent’s shoulder and this tiny crab in Liz’s jaw. At this point the whole group could see a change in Liz. Her face looked brighter and she was sitting up more in the chair. She still seemed skeptical though and did not report much change on that day however six months later she says: “Since then I have not used the gum-shield or the special pillow and my jaw and face have been better than they have for years. I can still have a bad night occasionally and get some of the clunking back but it is rare now. I also feel my voice has changed and I have less problem with my sinuses.”
When I contacted Liz to ask her if she would like to write up her experience I made the guess that whenever in her life or work she felt out of her depth it was triggering that stuck memory of the deep end with all the panic and grim determination of survival and the shame of being stupid and not being able to tell anyone or ask for comfort. Liz was probably going through life with an equation of “out of my depth = I am going to die”. I did not say anything at the time because that would have been intruding in her process but six months later I made that suggestion.
Liz says: “That helped me make the connection that the jaw grinding was related to feeling ‘out of my depth’. So now I can understand the meaning of the imagery. And isn’t it amazing how the language and imagery of the subconscious wants to work to heal us? We really do know all we need to need to know in order to heal ourselves somewhere inside us but we need strange techniques like EFT and Imagineering to access those places and translate the messages. In fact, my experience with Imagineering proves that it did not matter whether I understood the imagery anyway. The cure happened before the understanding.”
Liz makes a really important point. Her imagination and the tapping did the work together and her thinking mind did not need to understand or create meaning. So when using EFT Imagineering let your thinking mind take a vacation. You don’t need to interpret or try to change or get involved with significance. Simply use what the imagination provides and trust that your imaginative, creative mind and EFT together will do what needs to be done. And if memories emerge simply take them through the Movie technique and then return to the Imagineering process.
Part 5: The Bones in the Cave
In the past I presented EFT Imagineering to an audience of over 200. I wanted to demonstrate just how deep yet respectful, profound yet humorous, and how simple yet complex this technique can be. For that I needed a demonstration subject who had both a chronic physical condition and was open to using visual imagination. The day before my presentation, Barbara Friedman approached me with a question about marketing. Barbara says:
"I'm not one to volunteer as a subject – ever – so it was odd to find myself sitting onstage opposite Gwyneth Moss on Friday morning. I had seen Gwyneth on panels throughout the conference and she fostered a strong level of trust with her respectfulness of the client's privacy, her depth of knowledge and her confidence in her experience with EFT. The day before, Gwyneth noticed I walked with a cane and mentioned she needed someone for her demonstration of EFT Imagineering. Since imagery is both very private and familiar to me, I was receptive. When she told me not to tell her anything about myself or my problem, I was hooked. All she asked was, "Are you visual?"
The next morning Barbara struggled up the steps onto the stage, looking tired and worried and leaning heavily on her cane. I had purposely not asked her anything about her history as I wanted her imagination and EFT to do the work. All I knew was that she is a psychotherapist of many years' experience, lives on her own and suffers pain and restricted movement in her right hip.
Imagination blossoms when consciousness softens. To prepare Barbara to use her imagination once she had managed to get herself comfortable on the high chair provided on the stage, I asked her to slow and deepen her breathing and bring to mind a time of being in meditation or peaceful relaxation and then we did an imagination test run.
After some breathing to center and relax, the first part of the Imagineering involved seeing a light on the tip of my finger, inserting the finger in my ear and lighting up the inside of my head. I shared with the audience the pleasant sense of what I saw and felt, which was light filling my head. The test run gave me confidence and also let me know that my highly analytical thinking mind could take a short vacation.
Next Gwyneth directed my attention to my right hip where I have pain and difficulty. She left everything open for me to "be there" and see what was there. I saw the interior of a fairly undefined, empty cave with a few bones in a pile and a lot of dust. No detail. Gwyneth then brought me out of the cave to describe my experience to the audience and we tapped with my exact words: "Even though there's a pile of dusty bones in a cave I really do accept myself." Asking me if I'd like to return, she gave me time to go back into the cave using the bright little light I'd tried earlier. This time I saw more clearly.
When Barbara came out again she described the bones as no longer being dusty but like 'live' bones that had recently had flesh on them. So we tapped for that using her exact words. She returned to the cave again and this time told us that the bones were no longer visible and that she thought the bones were now inside her and what she was noticing now was the cave itself.
After several trips in and out, describing the experience then tapping with what I saw, the cave became more and more defined. There was the sense and color of firelight, a group of people sitting opposite me in a semicircle. They were mostly elder, male, Native American - and I could see drawings on the cave wall behind them.
When Barbara first sensed the presence of others in the cave she really was not sure about them and we tapped with "even though I'm not sure and I don't like being not sure…I don't know what this means and I don't like not knowing…" This seemed to shift something because in her next trip inside she says:
I felt comfortable with these people, even though no one spoke. There was a sense of formality to it, as if something were going to be decided. I no longer felt like an observer. It seemed I was inside the cave for the first time and I knew I was there because of my hip. (The pain is due to advanced osteoarthritis. My hip joint is down to bone on bone) By the last time I visited the cave and stayed there a while, I could see the group in more detail, feel the texture of buckskin in their clothing and sense the look of them as if we were all of the same tribe. But they remained at a distance and I still didn't have any specific information about the gathering, other than it was about this group of people being supportive and helpful to me. I felt supported and held in their silent, powerful stillness.
At this moment Barbara smiled and her whole presence shifted from tired and worried to glowing and alive. Something profound was happening and I left Barbara to be quietly in her cave for a while whilst I spoke to the audience. EFT is a very active technique and I find that once a person experiences the shifts in energy that unblock whatever is blocked it is good to offer them a little silence and stillness to let the good work continue in privacy. A pearl of wisdom I learned from Ernest Rossi is that as therapists, we need to know when to shut up and leave a person to get on with it themselves.
When Barbara opened her eyes and brought her attention back to the present moment she described a feeling of optimism and clarity. I asked her how could she find out and test whatever had changed in her hip. In response she pointed to the steps to the stage which she had climbed with such difficulty. As she walked across the stage we all saw how much more easily she moved and descended the steps. Coming back up was still painful, but not as painful as it had been, and now she was using the cane for balance rather than support.
Seated again she marvelled at how she was feeling and moving and then expressed doubt that she could hold onto this feeling when she returned home. So I said, "Let your mind wander ahead through the coming days. Is there anything that could bring the old feeling back?" Barbara responded that carrying heavy groceries into her home could do that. So we tapped for "Even though carrying heavy groceries on my own could bring that old feeling back, I choose to find a surprisingly simple solution."
Gwyneth talked to me a bit about what was going on in my present life situation. Then we began tapping on phrases she'd noticed in our conversation. Part of that tapping dealt with my current life situation, not just the imagery, but the true vulnerability of living on my own in a painful, impaired state and "having to do everything myself." So we tapped on "even though I'm on my own and have to do everything myself…" We tapped on other things that I can't recall exactly, except the phrase "Oops, silly me" which was really helpful in putting things in perspective. It instantly reminded me I often take my situation too seriously and make everything seem grim.
I'd like to conclude with Barbara's own view of her EFT Imagineering experience and the insights and understanding she gained. Speaking to her a week after this presentation she told me that she had kept the optimistic feeling and each day was walking a little further without her cane.
My understanding of what occurred is that I have extensive amounts of information about my physical condition, but not enough information about the emotional and existential issues connected with it. This is the main reason I haven't scheduled surgery yet. I believe that until I'm clear about the changes I need to make in my life and have the tools to make those changes, my body will not function optimally, even with a hip replacement. I sense that I don't want to move forward until I'm congruent in my heart and mind about where I want to go. EFT is the tool I believe will take me there. But as I learned from the imagery, I haven't been in touch with my internal "council" of support in choosing my next direction.
Prior to the EFT Imagineering, the concept of my internal support system was about being strong enough to push through or overcome difficulties. This often left me exhausted and depressed, depleting my energy. In the imagery, I was struck by the compassion and caring of this group, who, in their silence, projected a healing energy through caring and concern. They were there, but they did not tell me what to do or what was going to happen. This was the type of inner strength I'd been missing in myself, though it's exactly the type I co-create with my clients. It was mirrored in Gwyneth. She maintained a compassionate detachment that allowed me to own the experience free of her influence and free of my judgment and intellectualizing. It put me in touch with myself in a more spiritual way, and I could feel my energy shift to a higher vibration.
I remember the exact moment in the cave when I no longer felt alone. Instantly, I felt myself come back into my body in the present. I remember smiling. At the same time I was aware of the pain and fear that had pushed me out of my body over a year ago, and how empty and alone I had been feeling since then. My pessimism transformed into optimism and I began to reconnect with my best self. I felt hopeful, even though I had no idea what was going to happen.
Throughout the rest of the conference, people came up to me to describe the changes they saw take place while I was "in the cave," especially in my energy at the moment of that smile. Often they commented on the positive effect it had on them. That was so moving because before I withdrew into a world of pain, I used to go through life giving off light. Being approached by so many people anchored the good feeling of connection that had started in the imagery. Being supported by a group of people I didn't know, who shared their positive energy so openly, and who thanked me for the shared benefits, created a powerful, reciprocal feeling of gratitude. It was the same experience I'd had in the imagery taken one step further.
(This article was written by Barbara and Gwyneth from memory and without having seen the DVD of the session, viewing of which may make apparent some inaccuracies in detail)
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.