- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- What to do in the hospital
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate tapping on a sneezing attack, Successful use of EFT on a raspy throat AND arm wrestling success using only two fingers.
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- Tapping on both sides of the body, on feel-good points only, then taking deep breaths after each point
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Psychosis: Hearing Voices--EFT achieves more in one session than 13 years of medications and traditional therapy.
- Karen Donaldson Highlights Some "Slimming Down" Successes With Her Clients -- Many Side Issues Explored
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- Yet another impressive use of Surrogate EFT--this time an audience sends the client out of the room and taps for her
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- Hearing voices and multiple issues relieved: "One session of EFT does more for me than years of [conventional] therapy ever could."
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Using EFT With "The Secret"
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- Core Issues
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- Getting To Feelings And Core Issues By Imagining You Are Writing A Story - A Version Of The EFT Tell The Story Technique
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- Using EFT
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- A Conversation With Your Body
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Let it be easy
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- Blending NLP with EFT
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- The Vibration of Abundance
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Who do YOU think you are?
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- EFT and "being the bee"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Methods for working with pain
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- Ten minutes of EFT restores healthy performance in the bedroom - eliminates the need for the little blue pill
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- Did Erika
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- Tapping for the United Nations
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- EFT assists conception
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- "God Tapping"
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- EFT calms elderly woman
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- Persistent EFT helps with unnecessary worry and a feeling of always being responsible -- many side issues collapse as well
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- Tap and be rich
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- Further bridges to our history
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- EFT and future pacing
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- EFT for painful cramping
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Here's a textbook EFT case for using persistence, reframes, chasing the pain, metaphors and creative language
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- How to tap into the
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Tapping with tunes
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- EFT enhances many things
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- New Uses for EFT
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- An at risk coronary patient has normal arteries and flawless angiogram after persistent EFT for two months
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- How to get EFT into Schools
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- Does EFT compete with God?
- An extraordinary example of the real power of EFT's Borrowing Benefits procedure -- a bridge phobia disappears "behind the scenes"
- EFT for past life issues
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- After EFT, Kay
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- The Inner Committee
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- Did Mary
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- Including the word
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- Breaking habits
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Relaxing a dying man
- Many successes doing
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- Combining EFT with Humor
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- An EFT Procrastination case
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- Why do people resist EFT?
- EFT relieves an unusual
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Headache relief over the phone
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- EFT and the right to be happy
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- EFT for the Inner Child
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- EFT for food poisoning
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- EFT Question Tapping
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Try fork bending with EFT
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Finding the root of the problem
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- About Voice Technology...
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT and sex
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- Impressive results with autism
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- Tuning in to the problem
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- Medical transcriptionist says that in thousands of serious medical cases, she never saw a cure for anyone
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Tapping along with a prayer
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT in Daily Life
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- It is your response that counts.
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- EFT eases nausea
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- Nothing in my traditional medical training in Anatomy, Physiology or Pathology even hinted at what I am now witnessing (with EFT) - Chuck Gebhardt, MD
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
Articles & Ideas
A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. As a result, it is likely outdated. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping but you should also explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™, and/or get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Those of you using our DVD series known as Borrowing Benefits know that it provides an extraordinary and useful experience. Among other things, it has been responsible for collapsing many major issues as you simply "tap while you watch." It also has a way of bringing up important core issues for even deeper work. Chris Shaver had quality success on both fronts and shares his experience with his detailed article.
I wrote to you before about some successful surrogate tapping I did. You asked me to recall the points I tapped on. But the language I used is lost to me. C'est la vie.
But I recently bought a few CD/DVD sets from you. Borrowing Benefits produced amazing results for me and I wanted to share how it worked for me.
With the Borrowing Benefits process, I followed instructions and started with a list of 10 emotionally charged movies to work on, each in turn. But doing this lead me to experiment in a different direction than your instructions. Similar but different - and very fruitful.
I offer the full session below. It deals with a lot of childhood issues of emotional rejection and physical abuse that has lead me to decades of self-loathing and self-inflicted pain.
But first, here are the details on my experiment that lead to the breakthrough session.
Empathic Processing Goes Where It Will
As I watched the Borrowing Benefits DVDs, I noticed something else happening. Whenever the subject on stage choked with emotion, so would I. When the DVD paused and I replayed my "movie" to check intensity, there was always a lessening of my movie's issue. But the emotion that choked me as I watched the DVD was invariably present and unresolved. In fact, it was usually an unrecognized aspect, or an entirely different movie than what I'd written down or recalled.
The issue was that if I didn't deal with the new emotion right when I felt it, it was hard to bring it back up later.
So in day 3 of doing Borrowing Benefits, I decided I'd give my subconscious the freedom to guide me. Instead of just writing down the new emotional issue as a movie title to deal with later, I just left the movie I'd chosen behind for the moment. I'd let myself move intuitively into the new movie or aspect that cropped up.
I know this wasn't the way I was supposed to do it. Your instructions are to tap down one issue at a time. But the sense of other things being more important was very strong, so I gave myself a little leeway to experiment.
This led me to yesterday, when everyone was out of the house and I had 2 hours to myself. I sat in front of my computer to go through another DVD. Up until this point I'd been watching them on my laptop before bed. Just working through one DVD episode a night in the dark - listening, tapping, feeling better - and then going to bed.
Visual vs. Auditory Processing
But yesterday, I not only decided to go free form and intuitively, I also decided to type down what I was feeling at each break - just free form type out my feelings - and really let things go where my subconscious guided me.
I think I did this because I saw how you used cues from the on stage subject's subconscious. So I borrowed more than benefits. I borrowed this technique from you, as well!
Using the keyboard was important for me because I am primarily a visual learner rather than an auditory learner. And I am also primarily intuitive and not linear. So combining this self-knowledge about how I learn was critical in helping me break into my issues.
As a side note, I think it's very worth noting that applying EFT using all or any one of the learning modalities - visual, auditory, kinesthetic - can be critical in breaking through. When I watched you, Gary, drag a woman across the floor to kinesthetically recreate her emotional intensity of being dragged by her mother I immediately saw how important learning/processing modalities can be.
My writing and visual processing worked for me, to open up a huge set of childhood issues. So much so, that I stopped the DVD and just started tapping and typing. Each time I typed, there was another set of emotionally charged issues to tap through and each of these had a level of intensity of 10 on a scale of 0 to 10. The typing was a trigger for sure … a stream of consciousness way for my subconscious to pour out the issues that needed work. It quickly migrated from a movie into a dialogue-driven way to get inside my issues.
To make the dialogue work, I just intuitively altered back and forth between a number of voices. I started with my father's voice. Slipped into my own present-tense voice. My child's voice just naturally came out at moments of great pain.
Then, Gary, I "borrowed" your voice for reprogramming ... using the techniques you demonstrated on the "Borrowing Benefits" DVD to reframe my issues, reprogram, and build a platform of understanding. Each voice was important in finding new aspects or nuances of issues. Each voice was itself an aspect of the current situation. And one of the ways I knew that I had made progress was that, finally, at the end of a session, I felt the presence of a new, calmer present-tense voice.
By approaching the issue as a dialogue with these voices I was able to uncover a huge number of "table legs" as you call them, and take them all from emotional extremes of 10 out of 10, down to 0's or 1-2's out of 10. I've been rereading the dialogue this morning and tapping down the unresolved emotions that crop up as I go through it.
Try EFT At Home - But Seek Help If You Get Overwhelmed
Gary, your Borrowing Benefits DVD is a very powerful self-healing tool. But it can also kick up some huge issues. In every paragraph of my self-induced session (below) I kicked up two or three 10-rated emotional triggers that overwhelmed me when they popped up. I think I could deal with them because I went through EMDR last year - 5 months of it. In that process I became very familiar with huge volumes of incredibly intense emotion and how to deal with it. With EMDR I lived with painful emotion every day for five months.
So this gave me the practice I needed to deal with intense emotion and peel them off one small piece at a time. I think if I hadn't had that practice yesterday's session would have overwhelmed me.
This is a long way of saying that anyone who uncovers a huge number of deeply intense emotional issues should find an EFT practitioner to help them work through them. It will be a more efficient and a more kind way to deal with the issues. Don't go over painful and tough ground alone. You deserve all the help you can get!
In any case, here's my dialogue which started out as a movie. Hope it’s helpful.
Movie - You Brushed My Wrong Hair Wrong
Your hair is all wrong.
We’ll wet it so it becomes less.
You will become less.
Not a hair out of place.
You will be perfectly invisible to me then.
Me as a Child
You’re not one of us.
Your hair is uncontrollable
Your hair is not like ours
Everyone is like us but you.
I can’t figure you out.
I spit on your hair to control you, and it,
And everything about you.
Not a hair out of place.
No hair out of place.
Me as a Child
Why can’t you just let me be?
Why do you have to make me feel so small and wrong?
This is who I am.
Present Tense Me
Who is this man who can’t see me?
What is the writing on his walls that won’t let him see me?
He has to be perfect in front of the neighbors, perfect at church, perfect all the time.
He almost doesn’t laugh, never laughs.
Me as a Child
You’re so quick to hit me, to make me cry.
So quick to grab me by the arm and drag me off.
So quick to hit me. To pull my ear and hurt me.
All the time you hurt me.
Dad’s father was all about control and looking bigger than he was.
Present Tense Me
Your father hung out in bars with a roll of bills in his pocket while his wife was crippled with arthritis at home in the dark without even a TV to watch. He wouldn't buy her one. He must have been mean and cold to you, too.
Someone must have really put him down somewhere along the way.
Present Tense Me
Just last month, for the first time, Dad said his father wanted to squash him under his thumb.
My father wasn’t honest with me about his father when I was little.
He shielded his feelings so I couldn’t see what was really there.
He projected all his pain out onto me.
His father was cruel to him.
Me as a Child
I couldn’t protect myself.
I was too little. I just sucked in the pain whole.
Not being good enough. Never being good enough.
Present Tense Me
Living with him was like being out of control all the time.
Like being twirled in circles by someone who would let go.
(Author's note: This triggered a long-forgotten memory of a neighborhood kid twirling me around holding my arms, but accidentally letting me go. My father was on the other side of the lawn and I blamed him for everything that happened.)
Me as a Child
He wouldn’t hold onto me
He let go and I went face first into the grass.
Goddamn it hurt to hit the grass face first.
To have the wind knocked out of me.
To have my knees bleed.
To hear the kids laugh when I hit.
Too much pain leaking out all the time
Trying to find a way to control everything so nothing would hurt.
Present Tense Me
And god help me if I added to my father's pain
Or made him look bad ... reminded him of his huge pain
The pain he inherited from his father.
Me as a Child
Can’t you see me?
I have so much love to give you and you’re locking me out
This is more painful than any spanking you could give me.
That you can’t feel my love
(Authors note: If every other paragraph was a level of intensity of 10 out of 10, this previous paragraph was a 40. It also happens to be the core issue that has caused me enormous pain with my wife who has been going through seasonal affect, bi-polar episodes untreated. When she goes very low, I feel like she can’t feel my love and it makes me alternately angry-furious and out of control - then completely numb to my emotions. This issue presented quadrupled intensity and overwhelmed me, but I just tapped through it … and will continue to probe around this table leg for others like it.)
Me as a Child
Daddy, you are so locked up inside.
Your father beat you so bad that you can’t feel my hugs.
So locked up inside that I never feel like I can connect.
Locked away from me.
Locked away from me.
Deep and far away from me.
It’s not your fault … I know that.
You were raised by a man who was bruised and beaten himself
I forgive you.
I forgive him, your father.
Present Tense Me
I forgive myself for turning it all inwards into anger
Into anger, into anger, into anger.
Me as a Child
Only hurting me. Making me less. Making me invisible
Like your father made you and you were just unconsciously passing this on.
New Calmer Voice
And I accepted it….but now I don’t.
I’m free to choose.
Free to stop turning all disappointment to anger.
Free to stop turning anger into my body
Free to stop feeling justified by anger
Free to stop tearing my body down with anger.
Free to stop using food to sedate my feelings of anger.
Free to stop being rigid and needing to be right.
I don’t have to be right.
I am all right. All right.
The Morning After
The morning after this session, I went into the bathroom after I woke up, I picked up a brush and brushed my hair while looking in the mirror. This is unusual because as you can imagine, this act of brushing my hair is a huge trigger.
I never brush my hair - and I never look in the mirror when I wake up. I just throw on a hat and get on with the day. If I had to deal with my hair for business, it was always incredibly painful for me, as I would be filled with self-loathing and disgust when I looked in the mirror - feeling like I was conforming - erasing myself - so linked into the emotional memories.
But this morning I just brushed my hair, and looked into my face with calmness and emotional acceptance. I looked older than I remember me looking before, sure. Going through this has been hard. But I didn't hate myself anymore.
I felt compassion for myself ... approaching ... but not all the way to deep love and acceptance. Which felt so good. Feels so good.
There are other issues here to tackle ... other legs to kick out from under the tabletop - but the issue about my Dad not being able to receive my love is among the biggest. Nice to be facing it square on and reducing it ... especially as my wife is now a trigger for this issue. It's huge to think I can prevent more emotional upheaval as I help her face her own issues.
Peace and love to you Gary, and your blessed work,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™.