- Other Physical Issues
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This article by Jo Hainsworth is a treasure chest of ideas. Her client had previously seen 7 treatments with 2 EFT Practitioners without result for her food sensitivities. This is highly unusual and so we must wonder what seemed to be in the way. What mistakes had the earlier EFT'ers made? Read this one carefully.
By the time Diana contacted me for help with her food sensitivities, she had already had 7 treatments with two different experienced EFT practitioners. Despite not having been able to deal with a fear of spiders successfully, she still felt EFT might hold the answers. She contacted me after reading the article I wrote on healing my own food sensitivities. After two sessions together, Diana is now enjoying wheat and dairy without symptoms. Being a social person, who is often away at conferences for her business, this has made a big difference to her life.
I have found through working with people with food sensitivities that they may be divided into two broad groups. One group is those who have multiple food and/or chemical sensitivities and cannot trace a particular start to the problems. Another group are those who have a small number of distinct sensitivities, which can be traced to having started at specific times. Diana is in the latter group, and her sensitivities turned out to be quick to deal with using EFT.
For people with distinct food sensitivities like this, the quickest way I’ve found to resolve them is to ask the following questions (with thanks to Carol Look from whom I learned the questions):
- When did the symptoms start?
- What was going on in your life around that time?
The answers to each of these questions led Diana to being able to become symptom free when she ate the two foods that had troubled her for several years. Her wheat allergy began after a miscarriage several years earlier, and while tapping she remembered that the first thing she ate after the miscarriage was some chocolate muffins because she was in a hotel and they were the only things available.
With further tapping she recalled thinking, “I shouldn’t be enjoying these” as she ate the muffins. It often helps to link the emotional issue to the symptoms, so we tapped on, Even though I have all this mucus when I eat wheat … and it’s been ever since eating those muffins after the miscarriage … and maybe it’s crying on the inside because I wasn’t able to really grieve at the time…
While tapping Diana recalled that she hadn’t really cried, because she felt she needed to be strong for her husband. We did some tapping on letting go of the grief and the need to cry on the inside, and associated it with the wheat, and Diana is now enjoying wheat every day without problems.
The dairy sensitivity took a bit longer to track down, as several things were going on in her life around the time it started. After tapping and following the trail for a few minutes, it appeared that the actual symptoms started immediately after being told by a kinesiologist (someone who muscle tests) that she had a casein intolerance (a specific type of dairy intolerance).
After that, whenever Diana ate any dairy products except ice cream and cheese - which have apparently been processed in a way that the casein is no longer an issue for those with problems with it - she had allergic type symptoms. We tapped and I reframed the idea that it was unlikely that her body had suddenly gone from being able to handle dairy (she had always eaten whatever she wanted) to being casein intolerant. We will never know if this was the only key to the issue, as we tapped on various other stresses in her life at the same time, but Diana is now enjoying dairy without symptoms.
This case holds several interesting learning points. It’s easy to dismiss events that seem unlikely to be related to food sensitivities, such as the miscarriage. I seriously recommend that while working with those with food sensitivities, do not dismiss any events that happened to them around the time the sensitivities started. Instead be mindful of emotional links becoming apparent once you start tapping.
We won’t ever know why EFT suddenly started working for Diana, after not working at all during the 7 prior treatments; however I believe it was probably a combination of two things:
First, it became apparent early on that Diana had difficulty accepting herself. I asked her to say the statement “I accept myself as I am” out loud and rate on a scale of 0 (no way – absolutely not) to 10 (absolutely), her initial emotional response to it. She was taken by surprise to find that her response was “not quite absolutely not, but pretty close – a 2.”
Because of this, we commenced the treatment with sorting out why she couldn’t accept herself. I suspected this was preventing her from getting past the standard setup phrased used in the earlier treatments. We worked on getting her to finish the sentence “In order to accept myself I need to…” We also tapped on a couple of things about which she carried a lot of guilt from earlier in her life.
Because she couldn’t use the standard setup ending, we used phrases such as I accept that that’s the way it is for me right now, and I open myself to the possibility of that one day changing. With doing this work, Diana started to feel her first ever shifts with EFT, and her confidence that it could help her began to grow. After clearing these issues her rating on “I accept myself” soared and we were able to start working on the sensitivities and use the standard setup phrase.
Second, near the beginning of our first treatment, I asked Diana whether she was able to turn the event we were working on into a mental movie. Her reply was something along the lines of, “You bet I can, I torture myself with mental movies every day.” The movie technique is one of my favourites as it is such a great way of engaging different parts of the brain and flushing out all the aspects at once and her reply was a big clue that it would work well for her. Diana mentioned during the second treatment that the previous practitioners had not introduced her to the technique at all, and she felt it was a big factor in her newfound success with EFT. Talking had never had the same effect for her as viewing the events in her mind.
I feel that the following are valuable learnings from this case:
1. Persistence really does pay off. If you aren’t getting the results you want to see, find someone else to work with, or try out some of the different EFT techniques detailed in the manual and on the website.
2. If you aren’t making any progress on any issues with EFT, try saying out loud, “I accept myself as I am”, and rating it on a scale of 0 – 10 for how true the statement feels. Take your gut response, the one that comes first - this is not an exercise for the rational mind (if your rational mind had the answers, you wouldn’t need EFT to deal with the issues!)
Even if you rate this statement high on a scale of 0 to 10, I recommend moving onto the next step anyway. Sometimes people will rate themselves as 10 out of 10 with this statement, but in the next step will find that they only accept themselves conditionally. The next step is to complete the following sentence, again with whatever first comes to mind. In order to accept myself I need to… Then start tapping with Even though in order to accept myself I need to… I accept that that’s the way it is for me right now, and I open myself to the possibility of this one day changing. DO NOT use the standard setup statement ending here, as that will defeat the purpose.
Follow the trail as usual with EFT, and keep retesting by rating the first statement (say “I accept myself as I am” out loud and rate it again as above) and completing the 2nd statement again to see if anything has changed. If the person initially rated the statement as a 10, the second statement may have still given clues as to why they weren’t unconditionally accepting themselves. For example they may have said, “In order to accept myself I need to be helping other people.” In this case, this may lead to a core issue that needs to be dealt with, before the standard setup statement will work.
3. If you have been using only verbal statements, try out the movie technique. It really is very powerful, and engages more parts of the brain, and can clear huge trauma incredibly quickly.
EFT is an incredible technique, and this is clearly illustrated in the area of food sensitivities. With persistence, and appropriate use of the tools available within EFT, food sensitivities no longer need to restrict someone’s life.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.