- Other Physical Issues
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here's an insightful discussion by an EFT'er who tells me, "You advise people to tap for specific things that have caused their emotions, and I think that is valuable advice, and I have done it. But for some of us, there is just so much, and so much of it has been forgotten..." She spends years searching for a way to address these issues and gives us the benefit of her findings.
This article is about my idea of "emotional allergies," and how I came to discover it.
For the past two years, I have been very diligently applying EFT on a daily basis. I've worked on many issues, but always with the ultimate goal of healing "it," the set of factors that has recurred in my life again and again, with devastating results to my relationships, professional life, finances and self-worth.
"It" was the exact reason that brought me to EFT in the first place; I've been seeking a resolution of this problem for as long as I can remember -- and I'd say the vast majority of the serious problems in my life are a result of "it." I've always known that I could heal this problem, and I've always known, somehow, that the cure would be very simple, something I could do for myself.
Until recently, however, I never knew what "it" was. I've called it many things over the years, in my efforts to understand and deconstruct it. Others have "helpfully" labeled it for me, too. Laziness, stubbornness, depression, vitamin deficiency, ADD, dreaminess, lack of ambition, brain imbalance, and confusion are just a few! I've explored every remedy for the various terms and symptoms I could find, with not much result. I always kept coming back to the same place.
EFT is the first therapy I ever tried that has consistently given me results, and not just the brief, mild improvement I've experienced with most other things I've tried. The ease and obvious success of the method have inspired me to keep after it, continue digging, go ever deeper, to be very bold and persistent, more so that I have with almost any other thing in my life. I've had amazing revelations, healed the worst things that have ever happened to me, shared the process with everyone I meet.
Still, getting to the bottom of "it" came from an unexpected direction. My eldest daughter has had some severe anger issues, and has provided us with daily raging temper tantrums for nearly her entire life. She refuses to allow EFT on her, and my efforts at surrogate work for her haven't done a thing as far as I can tell.
I read a book about children like her called The Explosive Child, and while the author talked only about kids with rage and depression disorders, I found myself generalizing his idea and suddenly the whole world appeared completely different to me.
Here is the version of his idea I've been developing:
Some people have a susceptibility to certain negative emotions that in many ways resembles an allergy. Such people will
(a) Experience their particular negative emotion far more frequently than the average person ever would, sometimes even daily or hourly..
(b) They will be triggered into that emotion by many factors that the average person would not necessarily even notice or find upsetting.
(c) Once they have become triggered, for a time, they are "lost to reason." Often they will not even realize they are experiencing that emotion and may even forget the event that triggered their fugue. They cannot be talked out of it, reasoned with, or brought out of it by any normal means.
(d) The exact behavior during the episode will vary between individuals, but remain generally consistent for each person. One will always rage, one will always withdraw, and so on.
This is really only a different way of saying "they have a bee up their nose," but I have found that this way of looking at it gave me a great deal of sudden and obvious help. I knew my daughter had a problem with rage, but what I had never realized before was that I also had an "allergic emotion," which was despair.
The "lost to reason" component of the syndrome had made it nearly invisible to me for decades. I knew I would get distracted, and that I would forget what I was supposed to be doing. I knew I would let my work go, ignore my family and stare at a book or the computer for hours. I knew I felt just terrible about things, but I never had realized that it would all be triggered by one little unhappy incident, and the feeling of, "oh crap, here we go again, I'm overwhelmed again, everything sucks like it always does" would start up, and that would be the end of me for hours, days, weeks, months.
I simply could not function for a time once I felt that sense of despair. And I had never before realized that I've been feeling it all my life.
You advise people to tap for specific things that have caused their emotions, and I think that is valuable advice, and I have done it. But for some of us, there is just so much, and so much of it has been forgotten, especially if you have lived a lot of your life in the fugue state of emotional allergy.
Once I figured out I had this allergy, though, I have just tapped on that. "Even though I keep feeling this despair," "even though I have this allergy to despair," "even though this despair is my normal reality," "even though I stop thinking once I have this despair," "even though it's normal to feel despair every time something unexpected happens," and so on.
That really seems to have helped. No longer do I feel overwhelmed by everyday tasks. My sense of despair has lifted. Spending time with my children is a pleasure instead of a burden. And many other "little things" have fallen into place and no longer appear to be a problem. I feel like a new being in the world.
I've explained some of it to my daughter in moments when she's calm and receptive, and I have hope for her, too. If anyone is moved to do some surrogate tapping for a bright and gregarious little ten year old in Central Texas, I'd be deeply grateful.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.