- Other Physical Issues
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here is a must read article by Lily Alexander. Study the "Because Game" and think about its versatility for finding core issues.
A client, George (not his real name), called me because his wife told him to have the Pillar Procedure (surgery) to make him stop snoring or she was getting a divorce. Even with earplugs she couldn’t remember the last time she’d had a good night’s sleep. George didn’t want the surgery because he doesn’t trust doctors (maybe another thing to work on?). Could EFT help his snoring? I said I’d had great success in the past, so why not give it a try.
As we know, EFT works best when we can work on the original trigger or traumatic event because that’s where the energy disruption occurred. Often with lifelong conditions like snoring, the client can’t think of anything, including that originating event. When we ask “what does this remind you of?” or “when did this begin?” – they’ve never yielded clear answers for me. So, I play a simple game with them to root out possible aspects of the problem, and as we resolve them, we play it again until we get to the end.
It’s called the “because” game; it’s very simple and I haven’t yet met anyone young or old who’s unwilling to play. There are a couple ways it can go, and it’s important to know that even if their answer is “I don’t know” you ask them “if you did know, then what would it be?”
For example, if someone had a headache, you could start him/her off with: “I have a headache because ______” and they might say “I’m angry.” You would follow with “I’m angry because ______” and they might say “my boss is an idiot.” You would continue until you found several good tapping subjects, aspects or events and then use them for your tapping rounds. Then test, and if there’s still more to go, start the “because” game again. I’ll give George’s example in a minute.
I said there’s a couple ways the “because” game can go. The above example was the direct route. In George’s case, (like many chronic or lifelong issues) we can go that way with “I snore because ______” to which you often get a quizzical reply of “I don’t know.” Then you can respond with “if you did know, what would it be?” This can be frustrating for some people, yet still yields useful information – go with it, if you don’t have any better ideas.
However, I decided to go the “indirect” route, by using things that perhaps he would “know” when we played the game. For example, I could hear some congestion in George’s voice when he called and I had gathered a little background information, such as: he is quite overweight; his wife is very angry and wanting to divorce him over the snoring; he has snored all of his life; his parents snore too; and he’s feeling anxious at work. So I used those details as the basis for my initial inquiry. (You may need to explain the “indirect” approach to them or they’ll wonder why you’re asking about seemingly unrelated things.)
When I have a number of possibilities to work with (such as overweight, heredity, issues with his wife, and work anxiety), I usually take a few hypothetical statements and see which has more “truth” intensity and start there (this idea is based loosely on Lindsay Kenny’s “Ultimate Truth Statement”).
In George’s case, the test statements were: I snore because it’s genetically the way my body is … I snore because I’m overweight … I snore because of my relationship problem … I snore because I’m anxious at work. In this case, George rated the heredity statement as being the most true.
After a little probing about whether or not he could stop snoring (since it was genetic in his mind), we used EFT to clear various statements like...
Even though I have a genetic predisposition to snoring… (he’s a scientist…his words, not mine)
Even though everyone in my family snores and there’s nothing I can do about it…
Even though it’s hopeless and I can’t stop snoring…
Even though surgery is the only option…
Once we cleared those aspects, I asked him how true the “I snore because it’s genetically the way my body is.” It didn’t seem true to him anymore.
This was a short session and so before we ended, I told him to tap for 5 minutes each night before bed on:
Even though there’s nothing I can do about this snoring problem…
Even though I have this genetic predisposition to snoring…
Even though my wife doesn’t want me if I snore...
The next week, George reported that his wife said his snoring was better (not as loud and without the big snorts that were really jarring) but he was still snoring. So then I tried the “because” game with him:
I snore because ______ and he said ... of my nose.
My nose is snoring because _____ … it has to.
It has to snore because _____ … I’m tired.
I’m tired because ______ … of cheese.
I thought of allergies at that point and tested the assumption that he had a dairy allergy. (I do muscle testing surrogately on myself.)
GC COMMENT: For those not skilled in muscle testing, just go with the assumption of the cheese allergy. If that doesn't work then keep on with the Because Game. A little persistence will usually take you where you need to go.
LILY CONTINUES: I did test whether or not it was specifically cheese only, but it wasn’t; this statement may have come out simply because he ate cheese quite a bit. He was quite surprised, by both his answer and the allergy diagnosis, as this was a bit “far out” for him. But he went with it nonetheless. So we worked through typical allergy treatment protocol for dairy using statements such as:
Even though I have this snoring reaction to dairy…
Even though I have this congestion from consuming dairy products…
Even though part of me thinks I shouldn’t eat dairy products…
Even though it may not be safe to let go of this reaction to dairy…
Even though there may have been something bad that happened in the past that I’ve associated with dairy products… (he couldn’t think of anything at the time)
Even though I may have a genetic problem with eating dairy products...”
In the end I sent him home with homework again, to tap for 5 minutes before bed:
Even though my nose and dairy products are making me snore…
Even though I have this genetic snoring and dairy problem…
I also asked him if he’d be willing to take a 3 to 7 day break from eating dairy (milk based) products, just to give his system a rest so it could “recalibrate.” He said he’d try anything if he didn’t have to do the surgery.
He called the day before our next weekly appointment to cancel, as his wife said he hadn’t snored at all for the prior four nights. I encouraged him to continue the 5 min tapping sequence if he could for another week and to let me know if he had any relapses.
When he hadn’t called, I decided to follow-up with him to see what happened (it’s been a few weeks now). He said that he eats dairy as usual for him (although he did stop for a few days when I asked him to), but the congestion doesn’t seem to be a problem anymore (he had actually forgotten about that!) He was also pleased to report that he no longer does the tapping and he is still sleeping well and quietly every night, and his wife seems happier too (perhaps because she’s sleeping now?).
Thanks to you Gary, and to all the other seen and unseen forces who have made this process what it is today!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.