- Other Physical Issues
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Tips for working with SEVERE chronic fatigue syndrome (CFE/ME)
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Among Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients, Sasha Allenby from the UK was once in the severely affected "25% group." EFT was instrumental in her recovery and she gives important pointers for readers dealing with this population. About her own situation she says, "Yet EFT can have amazing benefits for this group. I know this because I was one of this group several years ago, but made a remarkable recovery using EFT. The crippling pains that I was experiencing as part of this condition subsided with EFT, and with the help of Karl Dawson, I cleared much of the emotional turmoil that was at the heart of my condition."
I would like to share with you some work I have been doing with severely affected CFS/ME (chronic fatigue syndrome) clients. Within the illness there is a “25% group” who are so debilitated by ME that they are often completely housebound, wheelchair and bed bound and dependent upon caregivers for their everyday needs. They are called the 25% group because about a quarter of those challenged with ME are in this group. This disabled state can last for years or even decades.
This is the group that needs us most as practitioners but the ones that we probably see the least. Although EFT is hugely popular with those who are overcoming CFS/ME in general, many in the 25% group have given up hope about healing from their condition and do not seek alternative therapies or hold out any hope that life could be any different.
Yet EFT can have amazing benefits for this group. I know this because I was one of this group several years ago, but made a remarkable recovery using EFT. The crippling pains that I was experiencing as part of this condition subsided with EFT, and with the help of Karl Dawson, I cleared much of the emotional turmoil that was at the heart of my condition. I am totally dedicated to helping others overcome CFS/ME using EFT and have worked with a number of clients who are in the 25% group. So I thought it might help to share with other practitioners the considerations of working with the highly specific needs of this group.
Be aware as a practitioner that if you have been contacted to work with someone in the 25% group, it is usually by a family member or care-giver, so always ensure you have the permission of the client before you go ahead. In carrying out home visits what practitioners will probably find is a person who is extremely isolated from the world and who is often gripped by fear and anxiety. Many will be too weak to turn themselves in bed or take a sip of water independently, and they often cannot talk or think straight. They are likely to have light and noise sensitivity and severe pain, and to be lying in a darkened room, often wearing dark glasses.
People ask me where to start with a client in this condition. The answer is to work extremely slowly using EFT. Your long-term work as a practitioner is to find the core beliefs and life experiences which have contributed to the triggering of the condition. As a practitioner there may be a tendency to want to get to the underlying cause straight away. After all you have seen the benefits of EFT and know that overcoming key life traumas will benefit substantially. But this is a very long way off for the client in this group. So expect to work really slowly, and understand that progress can be non-existent in this condition without a tool such as EFT, so the fact that you inch forward is incredibly positive.
Introduce EFT and yourself very simply. Perhaps something along the lines of, "I'm going to show you a technique which may help your recovery. We can start by reducing your symptoms. Is that OK with you?"
Then start by tapping on the symptoms. If they can tell you what they are feeling in a word or sentence then great, but some will just lay there whilst you tap on them, and you can guarantee that they are tuned into their problem. Encourage your client to focus their mind on one symptom at a time if they can. And if they are not able to speak, try and find a method such as a hand squeeze to let you know that the symptoms are improving.
Tap very lightly, as lightly as you would tap on a new born baby, as the sensation of any physical contact can be extremely heightened due to the system being on red-alert. If your client cannot speak, you can speak the set-up phrase or reminder phrase for them, but speak in a whisper. Some will prefer silence. Obviously exclude the nine gamut at this stage. It might be weeks or even months before you can start the full EFT protocol.
In the meantime you can help the client to use creative visualization to heal the symptom or pain that you are tapping on whilst you speak for them, so that they feel involved in the process, and so that they are engaging their body-mind in the healing. You may only be able to work for 10-20 minutes at a time. End your session with a very short visualization of sending light and healing energy throughout the body either with or without tapping.
At the end of the first session, spend some time showing the care-giver the EFT protocol. This way if you want to switch to telephone consultations after the first visit you have trained the care-giver to facilitate further sessions over the phone. Also encourage the care-giver to tap on the client several times per day as part of their routine if the client is willing, and to increase this very slowly to 10-20 rounds per day over the course of the next few months. If there is more than one care-giver, emphasize the importance of passing this information on, and try to talk to or work with the other care-givers at some point.
As the client’s cognitive function starts to improve you can also teach them to do imaginary tapping on their own throughout the day. Tell them about this quite early on, even if their cognitive function is not working, as they may remember it just from the sensation of being tapped. Of course real progress will have been made when they can physically tap on themselves.
When you have gained the client’s trust and you are starting to make progress on symptom management you can start to look at the underlying issues. But you may need to wait until there is some stabilization of the physical state of your client before you do this. Be respectful of your client and extremely gentle.
Some examples of what you might need to approach in the long-term are similar to most illnesses such as clearing the emotional issues around the illness; clearing events around the trigger to the illness; overcoming limiting beliefs about their ability to heal; clearing childhood and life trauma; addressing self-sabotaging thoughts or behaviours; addressing secondary gains, etc. There is often a tendency to perfectionism with this group and they have often been very driven before the illness. Your detective work is to find out their life experiences that have created this tendency and resolve them with EFT. Many of these clients also see the world as a dangerous place and again it is crucial to find out why they have this view and to shift their perspective with EFT.
I hope that any practitioners who are contacted by a caregiver of someone from this group will be encouraged to work with them. Following these basic guidelines should help the practitioner to feel like they have a good starting point, and as always the work will unfold from there.
With love and blessings,
p.s. Thank you so much, Gary, for providing this amazing tool that has given me my life back, and is enabling me to help others do the same. I am forever in gratitude to you.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.