- Other Physical Issues
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for double vision
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Persistence pays off for Chronic Fatigue.
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This well written and instructive article by Mhairi Alexander (from the UK) displays the value of the persistent use of EFT for stubborn issues such as Chronic Fatigue. The client, in this case, is her husband (he provides a follow-up note at the end). As you will see, impressive progress was made, even though Mhairi started out as an EFT Newcomer and the time involved was over 2 years.
Please note the Set-up phrases she used. While they were apparently effective, they were also rather globally stated. Perhaps the results would have been both better and more rapid if specific events had been targeted. In many cases, the idea of specificity is an important one. See The importance of being specific
I thought you'd be interested in hearing about our work using EFT with Chronic Fatigue. David is my husband, and in many ways, this made him a 'difficult' client!
David has had Chronic Fatigue on and off since having glandular fever (which I think is known as 'mono' in the U.S) in 1996. At first, he simply had bouts of being 'run down' and tired, and minor aches and pains. These bouts of fatigue became longer and longer, and he was taking more and more time off work - he was a teacher.
We tried all the usual supplements, and medical tests ruled out any other conditions. He was simply left to get on with it, as there was no treatment. Not surprisingly, he became quite downhearted, particularly at the prospect of having to give up work at the age of 54.
Initially, David agreed to try EFT, but wasn't able to remain motivated, and quickly gave up on it. This was where it got difficult, and where I wouldn't have been able to put pressure on any paying client. In fact, I more or less 'bullied' David into trying EFT again, and kept the pressure on him to persevere. So, at least one of us was being persistent!
He started to make sustained progress when he started tapping consistently for himself. This only happened after we'd dealt with a number of his core issues. The following took place over a period of about two years, with a number of stops and starts. At the beginning, I was quite inexperienced with EFT, having only used it on myself at that time.
I was convinced that underlying emotional issues were significant, and having the advantage of knowing a lot of his history (we've been married for 27 years), decided to start with some bereavements. I wondered if he had grieved properly, since the various deaths had occurred at times when we had a lot going in our lives. One by one we went through the losses, using the tapping and 'telling the story' technique. What surprised me was how little he actually remembered of the details, which I could recall clearly. It actually ended up with me 'telling the story,' and David tapping. This was done over a period of time, and during it, he became very distressed, shedding the tears he hadn't shed at the time. I suspect that the reason he couldn't remember any details was that he had pushed them from his mind, to avoid any pain.
Once this process was completed, and he could 'tell the story' without being upset, we moved on to his childhood memories. Again, we used the tapping and 'telling the story' technique, as well as tapping on specific memories, such as David's fear that his mother would die when he was at school.
Interestingly, David's mother had a history of heart problems and anxiety. While she was genuinely ill - she died at the age of 52 - she may have used her health as a way of protecting herself from stressful situations.
When he started to recall the details of his childhood - which he managed to do by himself this time - he realised how stressful the household was, and how he had learnt to deny his emotions by distracting himself in various ways:
"Even though I have this fear of my emotions, I choose to accept and deal with them."
He also came to realise how dependent he was on other people for approval:
"Even though I've needed people to show me they care, ...."
and how much he needed others around him:
"Even though I have a fear of being alone, ..."
and how he saw himself as a failure compared to other people:
"Even though I've never achieved the level of success I should,..."
"Even though I don't know what I want or how to succeed,..."
It was at about this point we noticed some improvement in his physical health, and this was when he started tapping on his own, and working on some of the issues himself. I think that this is a key factor in many situations, particularly in chronic illness - the person himself or herself has to take control and responsibility. It was at this point that he became comfortable "doing things for himself".
We also dealt with the various stresses in his life around the time he got the glandular fever which appeared to start the condition - change of job, minor hospital operation, another bereavement, and the general daily wear and tear of having teenage children!
There were still 'ups and downs,' in his condition, and we still had to deal with his thoughts and feelings about having Chronic Fatigue, and about getting better:
"Even though I feel I'm losing part of myself,.."
"Even though I feel stuck where I am,.."
"Even though I have this fear of being helpless,..."
"Even though this illness is part of me,..."
"Even though my body protects me by getting ill,..."
We've now reached the stage where he is emotionally much more resilient and relaxed. He has not yet returned to full health, but he's back to 70 - 80 % of his former level of activity, and we don't yet know how much more he'll be able to improve. It's clear that he won't be able to return to teaching - you have to be super-fit to stand in front of a class of 30 teenagers all day - but we're confident he'll be able to do something. GC COMMENT: Sometimes we limit ourselves in unusual ways and those very limits are worthwhile tapping projects. Perhaps something like the following would help, "Even though I seem to have this limit of 80% of my former capacity...." or "Even though I may have put a lid on my ability to heal..." or "Even though I may have subconscious motives to retain some fatigue...."
MHAIRI CONTINUES: He now uses these affirmations, amongst others:
"My energy is a golden glow within my body."
"I keep my energy within my body."
"I deeply and completely accept who I am."
"My future is bright"
"I create my future."
"I am healthy."
Just some notes to add to what my wife has written:
She says she bullied me. What she actually did was provide the motivation for me to complete EFT exercises when I felt unable to. Part of this was due to the effects of Chronic Fatigue, and part of this was due to feeling overwhelmed by the volume of concerns and anxieties that arose when dealing with my past. It was a difficult and yet wonderful time. After one particularly upsetting reaction I said to her "You have given me back my childhood". Her insight allowed me to tackle concerns I was not really aware of e.g. my preoccupation with doing things for others, but not for myself. This proved to be a fundamental turning point in dealing with my health, which has now shown great improvement. Such has been the change that having my health as a number one priority has produced, that concerns about relationships, money and career have all been put into perspective. I have spent a lot of time changing the "writing on my walls".
We've now started using EFT with a small group of other people with Chronic Fatigue, and we're particularly interested in the area of motivation and persistence, as this seems to be an issue with all of them. We'd welcome other peoples' views and comments.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.