- Other Physical Issues
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This case by David Hignett of the UK displays a very clear link between IBS and unresolved emotional issues. You might wish to bring this article to your doctor's attention. Please consult physicians on all medical issues.
This was for me a very exciting exploration and resolution of issues buried within a case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or IBS, with emotional freedom gained on a number of aspects of lifetime duration. It was also a valuable learning experience. The main points it highlighted to me were use of language, emotional emphasis, immediate physical relief without having to establish the underlying cause before beginning, and the (very gentle) "I wonder........." As a Social Worker in the UK for many years I have used the latter extensively in talking therapy as an invitation to explore; and it seems to transfer nicely to EFT setup statements.
I was recently at an all-day meeting for a quite other purpose, although I had managed to mention EFT (as I have tended to do frequently since it came to me last Autumn!). I am deeply grateful to Gwyneth Moss, EFT Master, for having initiated me into this Gift, and supported and guided me in developing it.
During the lunch hour Lorraine, a member of the group, approached me and asked if I thought the tapping might be effective with IBS: she had been quite unwell the previous week at work with bowel blockages; and she was at best struggling to manage the day. She had suffered from IBS for three years, having overcome bulimia of twenty-three years' duration. She is thirty-seven, divorced, no Children, and with a taxing job.
There were a total of four sessions at approximately fortnightly intervals, all but the first being by telephone. I believe none of them was longer individually than twenty minutes. During the first one I began - with her permission - by tapping on her: it felt that she was frightened and needed the contact. We concentrated on the physical sensations as she described them (eg - "bunged up"). Then she tapped herself continuously, me tapping with her, things surfacing like "I have to hold it in" and "it's scarey to let it go". We then set up "And I wonder if it's scarey to hold it in too, and I wonder if it might be safe to let it go". After two rounds Lorraine's face looked less pinched, her shoulders relaxed; and she said she needed to go to the toilet.
Two weeks later I responded to a text message left while my phone was switched off: Lorraine had been sent (escorted) home from work with bad stomach cramps. She said her tummy hurt and she was doubled up; she felt weak on her left side; her eyes hurt; and she was scared of what might happen since it was building up. So we did "Even though (the symptoms and the fear) and I don't know what they're about, I wonder if it might be safe to know and to let them go." Again we tapped continuously; and we set it up again as aspects surfaced: "it feels like I've been stabbed in the heart and the dagger pulled down"; "Mum was too busy eating her ice cream to talk when I phoned"; "I've always been second best and had to keep it all in".
Then a major Family issue surfaced which I have agreed not to disclose, but whose several aspects explained Lorraine's feelings of being second best; and we wondered if it was now OK to let this go and let in the Light - since neither she nor her Mother could have affected the situation. We concluded with Lorraine saying joyously while tapping, "I feel OK to let it go: it's done with now". She said she felt relaxed with no pain.
Again a phonecall with Lorraine sent home from work, saying she felt really bad and was just writhing about on the bed with stomach cramps and a feeling of pins and needles. Whilst tapping on symptoms the pain itself came down to a certain extent but the distress less so; and she kept crying about being "so scared of eating" and being "not guilty". Tapping on those made limited headway (I think they were too vague). Then it occurred to me (belatedly!) she often said "I don't give a shit"; so we did "Even though I don't give a shit, I wonder if I can love and accept and forgive myself and the others". We kept tapping with Lorraine yelling, "I really really don't give a (several varieties of!) shit" - until she began giggling. Then I suggested, "I wonder if really I do give a shit - and can let myself give a shit?" - so we tapped round on that, Lorraine coming to say, "Yes I do - and I can - and I choose to!!!" (Thank you, Patricia Carrington, for Choices.)
She quietened, and then said in a rather surprised tone she felt like cooking herself some dinner. A moment later she said - fairly casually - that she recalled her ex-Husband had phoned early that morning; and that felt to her to have been the cause of the problem. I asked if we needed to tap on that; and she said, no, there was no charge associated with it.
On the last session Lorraine phoned saying she was fearful it (bowel blockage) was building up again and she didn't know why, and her own tapping was not shedding any light. So we did, "I don't understand ............. - and I invite and embrace clarity of knowing on this". (Thank you, Carol Look, for this approach.) I can only say that Lorraine then picked it up and ran with it leaving me way behind - and it felt wonderful (!!!) As we tapped round a theme of being controlled emerged: money; freedom; Mother; two male "arrogant shits" showing no respect. Lorraine arrived at a perception that she had substituted firstly bulimia and then IBS for external controls of choices. We concluded with her saying, "It's not my fault; and I give it all back - and I forgive myself and them".
I understand that following using EFT she has a daily bowel movement without straining. She no longer experiences the acute cramps, and has ceased to take the fibre drinks that her doctor originally recommended. If she is hungry she eats what she chooses instead of fearing the consequences of adding to the content of her bowels. My sense is that the biggest factor here is a substantial and stable reduction in her level of anxiety/intensity about potential constipation. She feels confident she can manage the condition with EFT; and she is a happier person feeling that her life is not ruled by IBS.
The above would have taken ages (at least!) and a lot of agony on Lorraine's part to clear by just talking about it. Serious suicidal impulses have gone too. As a postscript, Lorraine more recently had a concern over a bloated feeling lest the IBS was returning: tapping enabled her to discover for herself the issue was purely hormonal and so transient. She will also shortly be training in EFT herself in order to help others.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.