- Other Physical Issues
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Paul Cutright helps "Sally" get relief from Heart Arrhythmia by using insight and flexibility to uncover an apparent emotional cause.
I was recently referred a client who complained of heart arrhythmia. Sally (not her name) had been diagnosed earlier this year and the doctors wanted to put her on medication, which she was reluctant to do. She was told by a mutual friend that EFT might be helpful and that there could even be an emotional component to her arrhythmia.
When Sally came to see me I asked if her arrhythmia was present at the time. She said, "Yes, it is almost always present to one degree or another."
I asked her, "If there was an emotional element to your symptoms, what do you think it might be?"
Sally then began talking about feelings of shame and guilt, especially at work - but also as an ongoing feeling in general. I intuited that the place to begin was with her feelings of guilt at work, where she didn't have much to do, so had to make "busy work" for herself. This ran counter to her integrity and she felt bad about it, especially as there were people in other departments who were overworked. Plus, she didn't feel that what she was doing at work was what she is supposed to be doing with her life. She wanted to be involved in something that made a contribution, and her job was not it.
I used a simple setup phrase with her which was something like this, "Even though I feel ashamed of myself at work while others are overworked, I choose to forgive myself and know that I am doing the best I can right now." And other similar setup statements.
After a few minutes, still in the setup, she wanted to know if we could switch what we were focusing on. I asked what she had in mind and she told me that she was having vague memories and feelings of shame about her and her sister possibly being sexually abused by her father when they were around six or seven years old. She acknowledged that she had no evidence at all, just this feeling of deep shame, like it was her fault that it happened - if it did happen - and maybe this is where the feelings of being ashamed came from.
I told her, "Of course, let's try it and see what happens. You say the lead-in part of the setup phrase and I will help you complete it." She liked that idea and the idea that we could so easily switch our focus.
Now, here is where it gets really interesting.
She said, "Even though I think my sister and I may have been sexually abused by my father, I choose to know if it did happen, it wasn't my fault and I am entitled to all my feelings about it."
She liked how that felt and as she continued with that setup phrase, she began to get extremely upset and crying. Clearly, she was tapping into some very old and deep emotional wounds.
We then began adding the choice to forgive herself in her setup statement, which she could not say. The words would just not come out of her mouth. So, I suggested she say she was willing to forgive herself. That was a little easier, though it took awhile for her to be able to say it.
And now she was getting very angry, so I pulled out one of our most useful tools, a "screaming pillow" designed especially for clients to hold to their mouth and scream whatever they need to say at the top of their lungs. So, she let go and allowed herself to lose control as she vented her very powerful and authentic feelings, sobbing and screaming, screaming and sobbing.
And all the while, throughout this entire episode, I am tapping on her karate chop point.
After her tantrum subsided she had a countenance of peace and her face was visibly relaxed. She was now able to say, "I choose to forgive myself, and I choose to forgive my father."
We then finished the session with the short cut sequence and the nine gamut. I had her hold her hands over her heart, with her eyes closed, and breathe in the energy she was now feeling flowing through her body.
She said her arrhythmia was now significantly less. Since this was in the middle of the day, I recommended she go home and take it easy, if possible, rather than return to work. She thought that was a good idea, but then I got this e-mail from her the next day.
My arrhythmias faded almost entirely over the weekend, and I'm continuing the tapping. Just amazing! The other thing I forgot to tell you was that there was an email from my dad waiting for me when I got back to the office on Thursday (I didn't go home after all). He was writing just some of his usual newsy stuff in his usual style that normally sends me into an emotional tailspin (sexist remarks, racist comments, sarcastic and teasing tone, gossiping about and putting down other family members, etc.). But, I read it all without any emotional charge or judgment, and just saw it for being his best effort to try to connect with me. I actually laughed to think how differently it would have been received just 3 hours earlier. EFT really is incredible, isn't it? Thank you again for introducing it to me.
And then this the following day.
I also want to add how important it was for me to switch the topic we were exploring once we started. Maybe it would be helpful for clients to know before they begin that this "switching midstream" would be encouraged if it seems to be important. Also, that it is okay to modify/personalize their statements; they don't have to be verbatim from what you say. If I had not read some of the EFT info before hand, I would have been very hesitant to do any of this on my own.
The last I spoke with her a couple of days ago, Sally's arrhythmias were completely gone.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.