- Other Physical Issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
EFT, gratitude and sleep
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Anyone can benefit from being in a state of gratitude, especially when better sleep is one of the rewards. In this well written article, Carol Solomon shares her wisdom on this subject. She says, "Practicing gratitude has been shown to enhance health and wellbeing. In research studies, people who are asked to incorporate a daily gratitude practice report fewer health complaints and fewer symptoms of physical illness. They feel more joyful, optimistic, connected to others, and more positive about their lives as a whole."
Sometimes I have difficulty sleeping, either waking up in the middle of the night or early in the morning and I can’t get back to sleep. My mind is racing. I am either trying to solve a problem or I am so excited about a project I am working on, that the details are swirling in my mind. When this happens (2-3 times per week), I feel sluggish and miserable the next day. I decided to create a practice to see if I could improve my sleep.
Practicing gratitude has been shown to enhance health and wellbeing. In research studies, people who are asked to incorporate a daily gratitude practice report fewer health complaints and fewer symptoms of physical illness. They feel more joyful, optimistic, connected to others, and more positive about their lives as a whole. Gratitude group participants exercise more (about 1.5 more hours per week), get more hours of sleep, spend less time awake and feel more refreshed in the morning. Perhaps this is why grateful individuals feel more vital and have fewer health problems. They get more sleep!
These research findings are huge, in that inadequate, disrupted sleep and poor sleep quality are highly associated with lower overall health and wellbeing. Sleep is a restorative process that affects every system in our bodies. Sleep-deprived individuals have higher levels of stress hormones and compromised immune systems.
While gratitude is one of my highest strengths, I still need to work to cultivate a deep and enduring grateful heart. I decided to combine EFT and gratitude. So, while I am watching TV at night, I start tapping during the commercials.
First, I do a general round for not being perfect. It's a great reminder that we don't have to be perfect, a great way to be kinder to ourselves, and a great way to start or end the day.
Even though I’m not perfect, I love and accept myself completely.
Even though I’m not perfect, I deeply and completely accept myself.
Even though I’ve made mistakes, I accept myself anyway.
Eyebrow: I’ve made mistakes
Side of Eye: I’m not perfect
Under the Eye: I’m not perfect
Under the Nose: It’s ok
Chin: I’m not perfect
Collarbone: It’s ok
Under the Arm: I accept myself anyway
Top of Head: Even though I’m not perfect
Next, I use EFT to clear any specific stresses, setbacks, worries or emotional upsets from the day. I also tap on any mistakes I have made or any unresolved problems that could keep me awake at night.
Fear and anxiety tend to surface at night and can disrupt sleep. Personal burdens and perceived obstacles can also block grateful thoughts. EFT can be used to eliminate these concerns and any attitudes that are incompatible with a grateful disposition, such as pessimism, a focus on shortcomings, lack of confidence or an inability to admit that one is not self-sufficient.
Even though I feel worried about ___________, I love and accept myself.
Even though I’m not sure what to do….
Even though I’m not sure I am making the right decisions…
Eyebrow: I’m worried about making mistakes
Side of Eye: I’m not sure what to do about __________.
Under the Eye: I don’t know if I’m making the right decisions
Under the Nose: I don’t know how to solve it right now
Chin: I don’t know if I have what it takes
Collarbone: I feel anxious about making mistakes
Under the Arm: I don’t like not knowing what to do
Top of Head: I’m worried about ___________.
If I don’t have a lot of worries that day, then I might do a round on my “shoulds.”
Eyebrow: I should be a better parent
Side of Eye: I should eat better
Under the Eye: I should exercise more
Under the Nose: I should be kinder to other people
Chin: I should volunteer more of my time
Collarbone: I should spend more time with my family
Under the Arm: I should support my friends more
Top of Head: I should be more patient
Then I do rounds for what I am grateful for.
Eyebrow: I am grateful for my family
Side of Eye: I am grateful for my health
Under the Eye: I am grateful for my home
Under the Nose: I am grateful for my dog
Chin: I am grateful for my work and the opportunity to serve people
Collarbone: I am grateful for the contribution I have made in the lives of others
Under the Arm: I am grateful for the presence of God in my life
Top of Head: I am grateful for the love of my friends
Research has shown that the good things in life are enjoyed even more when perceived as a gift. Gifts have givers, and gratitude can extend to the goodness of the giver. If the receiver acknowledges the giver behind the gift, they are likely to feel even more grateful. So I include the gifts and the giver behind the gift.
Eyebrow: I appreciate my parents for the gift of my life and the sacrifices they made
Side of Eye: I appreciate my husband for his love and support
Under the Eye: I appreciate the gift of being a parent (I’m an adoptive mom, so there was a very definite giver)
Under the Nose: I appreciate all of the opportunities I have been given to serve the world
Chin: I appreciate my friends and the love I have received from them
Collarbone: I appreciate my newsletter subscribers for the opportunity to help them
Under the Arm: I appreciate the presence of God in my life
Top of Head: I appreciate the divine guidance I am receiving
Issues can be global or mundane. The important part is the regular practice of gratitude and acknowledgement of the blessings that one has received.
Eyebrow: I am grateful for my dinner
Side of Eye: I am grateful that my home is warm
Under the Eye: I am grateful that I have such a comfortable place to sleep
Under the Nose: I am grateful for my coffee in the morning
Chin: I am grateful for the beauty of the flowers outside my window
Collarbone: I am grateful that I can take a big, deep breath
Under the Arm: I am grateful that I have everything I need in this moment
Top of Head: I am grateful that right now, I have enough
Then I add my wish list – things that I want, but haven’t yet received – just for fun. Grateful people tend to be happier and more content with life as it is. But that doesn’t mean we don’t wish for more sometimes. I stay very light about this, since I don’t want to dwell on what I don’t have. It’s simply thanking the universe in advance.
Eyebrow: I am grateful to be sleeping so soundly at night
Side of Eye: I am grateful for the steady growth in my business
Under the Eye: I am grateful for the opportunity to help thousands of people
Under the Nose: I am grateful for all that I am learning
Chin: I am grateful for my abundance in health, love, time and money
Collarbone: I am grateful that the exact resources I need are coming to me
Under the Arm: I am grateful for all of the prosperity in my life
Top of Head: I am grateful for all of the ease and flow in my life
After 3 nights, I began sleeping soundly through the night without waking up. It surprised me that I also slept longer than usual. I would normally wake up between 4:00 and 6:00 a.m. Now I often sleep until 6:30 or so. I find myself noticing and savoring positive experiences during the day, and looking for items to add to my EFT gratitude practice at night. In fact, when someone is kind to me, I tell them “you’ll be on my gratitude list tonight!”
The gifts of gratitude are many. Gratitude can counteract depression and help fight stress, the precursor of many serious diseases. Grateful people feel more connected to others, are more likely to protect and preserve their relationships, and are measurably happier and more pleasant to be around.
People who practice gratitude are better at achieving their goals, and have been shown to offer more help and support to others. Gratitude not only helps people feel good, but helps people do good as well.
No matter what issue we are facing, the research is very clear that we can benefit enormously by counting our blessings, instead of our burdens. EFT can eliminate the stresses that keep us awake at night and amplify the benefits of a gratitude practice. Either practice alone will help, but to me, this is an unbeatable combination. If we “tap in” our gratitude list, we (and the world) are far better off.
With love and gratitude,
Carol Solomon, Ph.D. MCC
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.